Forum Ideas

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Forum Ideas

Post by Storm on April 3rd 2013, 11:21 am

It might be made much more advanced, but what does its members have to say? We can't just go ahead with adding new things if the members seem to be comfortable with the way things are now can we...

_________________


The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. ~ Edmund Burke

Any man can handle adversity. If you truly want to test a man's character, give him power. ~ Abraham Lincoln

People are like dice. We throw ourselves into the direction of our own choosing.

The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.
avatar
Storm
Admin

Health Health : 165
Country : Fire
Posts : 6596
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum Ideas

Post by Rhino.Freak on April 3rd 2013, 11:27 am

there always are members agreeing with the idea and who are against it..
we can always revert back to old settings with a click and change is good sometimes..

if we think this way there won't be any change EVER, how will we know if people will like the new changes if we don't ever ask or bring the changes and ask their opinions?
avatar
Rhino.Freak
Konoha Council Member
Konoha Council Member

Health Health : 79
Country : Fire
Posts : 4390
Registration date : 2010-08-27

http://pokegames.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum Ideas

Post by Storm on April 3rd 2013, 10:57 pm

I'll say this: the last idea you posted won't be happening anytime soon.

_________________


The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. ~ Edmund Burke

Any man can handle adversity. If you truly want to test a man's character, give him power. ~ Abraham Lincoln

People are like dice. We throw ourselves into the direction of our own choosing.

The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.
avatar
Storm
Admin

Health Health : 165
Country : Fire
Posts : 6596
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum Ideas

Post by Kenert on April 3rd 2013, 11:17 pm

Encouraging to post is encouraging to spam.
avatar
Kenert


Health Health : 7
Country : Wind
Posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-06-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum Ideas

Post by Rhino.Freak on March 1st 2014, 7:40 am

Now now, I know this topic is old, give me a warn if you want.. but.. my question to everyone.. samael is working hard, we are having new releases, i believe the forum SHOULD have a new start..
You guys say new members come but dont post, if you guys re make stuff they will post.. I say delete all countries. The ones who are actually interested will then come and help rebuuild it, and you can appoint new kages. Or even better.. nmake fresh new groups deleting everything..
My only question to the one reading this:
The team is working hard and they dont deserve a dead forum.. nor do old inactive people deserve their mod powers anf privileges it.. when the project is active why isnt the forum???
The time of old people is gone, forum gets new membeers everyday, and if the forum staff doesnt renovate this place, they dont deserve to be staff.

ANd sheesh guys this forum is phpbb2..which is a shitty old one.. make it phpbb3 instead.. just what!
avatar
Rhino.Freak
Konoha Council Member
Konoha Council Member

Health Health : 79
Country : Fire
Posts : 4390
Registration date : 2010-08-27

http://pokegames.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum Ideas

Post by Monkey.D.Lima on March 3rd 2014, 11:53 pm

i agree with you rhino, this forum is dying and all the members have to do something, i will star to post more, why don't create Forum games, talk about Naruto chapters, give more opinions about the progress of the game, give ideas.
Samael deserve it
avatar
Monkey.D.Lima


Health Health : 1
Posts : 7
Registration date : 2013-08-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum Ideas

Post by Rhino.Freak on March 4th 2014, 5:14 am

I am definitely doing this but we need more, only members cant do this, especially when they are treated like Newbies.. I really hope the staff does something promising since they are the staff of NTSD forum, isn't it their job to make the forum a better place?
Lets pooost people!!
avatar
Rhino.Freak
Konoha Council Member
Konoha Council Member

Health Health : 79
Country : Fire
Posts : 4390
Registration date : 2010-08-27

http://pokegames.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum Ideas

Post by Hiei on March 4th 2014, 4:33 pm

We need active and dedicated members who are willing to moderate as well since most of the current sets of mods are inactve as well.

_________________
Hidden in truths lie lies, hidden in lies hides the truth.

avatar
Hiei
Hokage
Hokage

Health Health : 445
Country : Fire
Posts : 10585
Registration date : 2009-08-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum Ideas

Post by Rhino.Freak on March 6th 2014, 9:15 am

Exactly.. you know this place might have been really ordered, active, all mods were good and active in past, warnings banning all was ordered and fine (I have been lurking on to the old posts so I know) etc.. but people soon loose their interest in forums (in around 2-3 years maybe?) And they become inactive / evolve into less caring trolls and such.. when it comes to a big forum like this, the place shouldn't be a memorial of those who were once active here.. they had a time, they were active and now they dont care..instead of holding on to them the staff should be renewed time to time..
A live example of what I have been seeing from past 2 years approximately is the Support Forum (help.forumotion.com), its the oldest and probably the biggest forumotion forum around.. and in the past 2 years of my watch, they never hold on to staff, all the moderators and administrators are updated time to time (and those who left dont return, and nobody cares as well)..forum continues to be surprisingly active and alive.. you guys should learn from that..
The team is no longer same and all mods (nearly) are inactive, and they need to be renewed..
Now comes the question "New members dont post so how will we ever find suitable staff?"
If the users feel welcomed, they'll post and get involved, the system of countries plays a major role in dividing people.. new topics should be made by current staff where all newbies can help discuss and be a part of the systems in forum.. and soon this forum will enter a new era of active new users, active dedicated staff and we already have an active and newish ntsd team Very Happy

Old members might not agree with me, but I have 100% faith in this method.. now what do you wish this forum to be? Old people who once lived here's memorial or a new era?

A forum never dies, the managers and members do. As long as there are new people who continues to post and want to handle stuff, forum will live on.
avatar
Rhino.Freak
Konoha Council Member
Konoha Council Member

Health Health : 79
Country : Fire
Posts : 4390
Registration date : 2010-08-27

http://pokegames.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum Ideas

Post by FirzenSK on March 6th 2014, 11:10 pm

One more idea:
I would be so glad if that stupid sound when you starting game and etc. will be change for something what doesnt killing my ears Razz
More people will agree I guess.
avatar
FirzenSK
Hokages Advisor
Hokages Advisor

Health Health : 48
Country : Fire
Posts : 5424
Registration date : 2009-09-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum Ideas

Post by Rhino.Freak on March 7th 2014, 10:22 am

FirzenSK wrote:One more idea:
I would be so glad if that stupid sound when you starting game and etc. will be change for something what doesnt killing my ears Razz
More people will agree I guess.

wrong section mate, post in bugs topic.
avatar
Rhino.Freak
Konoha Council Member
Konoha Council Member

Health Health : 79
Country : Fire
Posts : 4390
Registration date : 2010-08-27

http://pokegames.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum Ideas

Post by Storm on March 7th 2014, 10:35 am

People change all of the time Rhino. The activity of the forum now should be no surprise to you. In your post, you mentioned how in the past, the forum was a place where you would feel welcomed by others and was active. Not everything is going to stay the same just because we want it to. The majority of the old members have left and moved on with their lives. The few who have stayed are either still hoping that something new will happen, no longer care about the forum, or stick around just for the sake of seeing the game finished (which only has one actual person post progress on it while the others are MIA).

Currently, the only reason why most of the people here are still here is for the game. If that wasn't around, the forum would have no purpose. Making topics to get more people involved sounds good on paper, but it only works if there are active members who are willing to respond to it. If you think it'll work, by all means go for it.

As I said before, people change all of the time, including their feelings and thoughts toward the forum. I'm still surprised I have stuck it out this long...

_________________


The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. ~ Edmund Burke

Any man can handle adversity. If you truly want to test a man's character, give him power. ~ Abraham Lincoln

People are like dice. We throw ourselves into the direction of our own choosing.

The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.
avatar
Storm
Admin

Health Health : 165
Country : Fire
Posts : 6596
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum Ideas

Post by Rhino.Freak on March 7th 2014, 10:48 am

Storm wrote:People change all of the time Rhino. The activity of the forum now should be no surprise to you. In your post, you mentioned how in the past, the forum was a place where you would feel welcomed by others and was active. Not everything is going to stay the same just because we want it to. The majority of the old members have left and moved on with their lives. The few who have stayed are either still hoping that something new will happen, no longer care about the forum, or stick around just for the sake of seeing the game finished (which only has one actual person post progress on it while the others are MIA).


Currently, the only reason why most of the people here are still here is for the game. If that wasn't around, the forum would have no purpose. Making topics to get more people involved sounds good on paper, but it only works if there are active members who are willing to respond to it. If you think it'll work, by all means go for it.

As I said before, people change all of the time, including their feelings and thoughts toward the forum. I'm still surprised I have stuck it out this long...

And you say that you are surprised that how forum is still alive, the answer is simple, the game is still up and will not be dead until complete, I believe it. And the staff who was taking care of forum back then, needs to take care as well since the team isnt gone. And for that, like ankit said, new and dedicated staff should be appointed for the very reason you stated "people's feelings change", current staff no longer cares, so it needs renewal.
The forum may not become as active as earlier, but conditions will definitely improve a lot.

That's what I'm saying, most of the old members are gone / no longer care including the forum's staff. And no one can bring them back to that extent of activity, however the project is still active and new as ever.
My idea is not to bring back old people, it is to involve new users. And they won't be active in forum as long as the forum is in the current state.
We have been waiting for new users to take a step first and get involved, it didn't happen. So the staff should initiate, ban bad users, make new things and in a way it will attract people.
Like me, there are many other users who want this and I promise this will work. Believe it.

The way you are saying is like you have accepted the forum's fate of dying.
Making topics to get more people involved sounds good on paper, but it only works if there are active members who are willing to respond to it.
Don't forget that there's always a start of forum, the forum's creator first creates lots of materials (topics) even when no users are present and no one to reply on them, but with time everything happens good.
avatar
Rhino.Freak
Konoha Council Member
Konoha Council Member

Health Health : 79
Country : Fire
Posts : 4390
Registration date : 2010-08-27

http://pokegames.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum Ideas

Post by Remilia Scarlet on March 7th 2014, 6:30 pm

Forum activity is something that came naturally back then, as many different people talked about several things together at once.
Some of us just doesn't seem to be able to detach that easily, and will come by and visit until we do no longer feel the urge to.

Leading people into creating activity, making choirs for others for the sake of forum activity just doesn't do the same thing. It happened because we wanted to, not because we were being told to.

You can still go ahead and post what you want to, I actually encourage you to do so, but everyone will follow their own will. So go ahead and arrange any kind of events that you, and many others will enjoy, if you want to.

_________________
avatar
Remilia Scarlet


Health Health : 77
Country : Wind
Posts : 4000
Registration date : 2009-09-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum Ideas

Post by Rhino.Freak on March 7th 2014, 7:03 pm

Lars, it appears that you didn't see my last post. You are not seeing what I'm trying to convey.
I am fully aware of the fact that creating topics only will never work to actually start a spark and make old members post. And I'm not interested in that as well.

Let me put it in 2 sentences : This forum is for the game, its in a bad condition atm, old mods members and staff are no longer interested in forum, and its only natural thing that new users don't post here seeing the condition. For the game, for the forum, the WHOLE FORUM needs renovation, removing all old systems, its like a brand new forum where everything is new and happening. This needs to be done, and I need support on this.

avatar
Rhino.Freak
Konoha Council Member
Konoha Council Member

Health Health : 79
Country : Fire
Posts : 4390
Registration date : 2010-08-27

http://pokegames.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum Ideas

Post by Remilia Scarlet on March 7th 2014, 7:50 pm

Hmh, you want to make the forum refreshing, I see.

_________________
avatar
Remilia Scarlet


Health Health : 77
Country : Wind
Posts : 4000
Registration date : 2009-09-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum Ideas

Post by Vaanire on March 8th 2014, 12:25 am

Yeah, just delete everything and start a new forum. Good idea.

Vaanire


Health Health : 3
Posts : 117
Registration date : 2010-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum Ideas

Post by Storm on March 8th 2014, 6:49 am

Rhino.Freak wrote:
Storm wrote:People change all of the time Rhino. The activity of the forum now should be no surprise to you. In your post, you mentioned how in the past, the forum was a place where you would feel welcomed by others and was active. Not everything is going to stay the same just because we want it to. The majority of the old members have left and moved on with their lives. The few who have stayed are either still hoping that something new will happen, no longer care about the forum, or stick around just for the sake of seeing the game finished (which only has one actual person post progress on it while the others are MIA).


Currently, the only reason why most of the people here are still here is for the game. If that wasn't around, the forum would have no purpose. Making topics to get more people involved sounds good on paper, but it only works if there are active members who are willing to respond to it. If you think it'll work, by all means go for it.

As I said before, people change all of the time, including their feelings and thoughts toward the forum. I'm still surprised I have stuck it out this long...


And you say that you are surprised that how forum is still alive, the answer is simple, the game is still up and will not be dead until complete, I believe it. And the staff who was taking care of forum back then, needs to take care as well since the team isnt gone. And for that, like ankit said, new and dedicated staff should be appointed for the very reason you stated "people's feelings change", current staff no longer cares, so it needs renewal.
The forum may not become as active as earlier, but conditions will definitely improve a lot.

That's what I'm saying, most of the old members are gone / no longer care including the forum's staff. And no one can bring them back to that extent of activity, however the project is still active and new as ever.
My idea is not to bring back old people, it is to involve new users. And they won't be active in forum as long as the forum is in the current state.
We have been waiting for new users to take a step first and get involved, it didn't happen. So the staff should initiate, ban bad users, make new things and in a way it will attract people.
Like me, there are many other users who want this and I promise this will work. Believe it.

The way you are saying is like you have accepted the forum's fate of dying.
Making topics to get more people involved sounds good on paper, but it only works if there are active members who are willing to respond to it.
Don't forget that there's always a start of forum, the forum's creator first creates lots of materials (topics) even when no users are present and no one to reply on them, but with time everything happens good.
There's still a big "if" when it comes to the game. The game will only be finished when the anime is finished since that is what the game is based off of.

As for the "new and dedicated staff" part, who do you suggest has the knowledge to be fair and impartial for such a role? The moment you compile a list of names will be the day I read through it. Also, HOW should we initiate things? Deleting all of the old systems and ideas in place of new ones sounds far-fetched at best and won't work well in the long run. If it isn't concrete that will last longer than initially stated, then it will be just another temporary solution to go with all of the others that have been done and are gone now.

You can only do so much to keep the attention going for a forum. Some last for a long time and others just don't. My last post isn't me accepting the forum's fate; it is me posting from my own perspective, nothing more. I'll support anyone that has an idea, but an idea is just an idea unless it comes to fruition. I would like to see the forum in a better state, but it can't be forced upon, nor will it happen overnight. Just like with Zxcv leaving the forum and making his own game, a new change takes time for people to like.

_________________


The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. ~ Edmund Burke

Any man can handle adversity. If you truly want to test a man's character, give him power. ~ Abraham Lincoln

People are like dice. We throw ourselves into the direction of our own choosing.

The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.
avatar
Storm
Admin

Health Health : 165
Country : Fire
Posts : 6596
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum Ideas

Post by Rhino.Freak on March 8th 2014, 7:26 am

Alright, only discussing with "if" coming from my side and "but" from yours won't get us anywhere.
Let me put down the plan on my mind here :

First of all, the forum will be renovated, adding cool systems, widgets, designs and stuff that I have under my sleeves, I can GUARANTEE that people will love how the forum looks after that, and at least 3-4 people's spirit will rise to get involved with the forum.
I can make an integrated HD movelist / guide for ntsd and put it in Navigation Bar..etc etc

Now some staff will be recruited, I can already see Neko doing a great job in downloads section, and there's me and 3-4 others whom I stated earlier. Now comes the role of You (admin), firstly the new spirited people will try their best to do right judgement and if they don't you can easily keep an eye on their actions here : Admin Panel > General > Security > Scroll down and there will be 2 tabs, admin actions and moderation actions, where you can easily see who is doing what.

and now with new forum and new staff, some new official topics shall be made by staff, and new people will be surely be dedicated coz there wont be any biting users and more things involving ntsd game itself will be made, as most 20K members here only are interested in game..

This is an idea, if it brings great activity then old systems will be replaced thoroughly, and if it doesn't work then its still better than current state anyways..

Again writing it down doesn't seem that great at first, but in all cases its worth a try, and everything is better than a fully dead forum..

Think about it Storm, check the bugs thread, so many new users post their and contribute to the game. And once the forums are renovated, I believe you are wise enough to recruit new staff yourself
avatar
Rhino.Freak
Konoha Council Member
Konoha Council Member

Health Health : 79
Country : Fire
Posts : 4390
Registration date : 2010-08-27

http://pokegames.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum Ideas

Post by narutouchiha on March 8th 2014, 5:22 pm

looks great for me

i mean this forum needs something new, something that catch you
avatar
narutouchiha
Chunnin of the Leaf
Chunnin of the Leaf

Health Health : 23
Country : Fire
Posts : 951
Registration date : 2008-10-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum Ideas

Post by Rhino.Freak on March 9th 2014, 3:22 pm

I think everyone wants that storm.. its time for a change..
avatar
Rhino.Freak
Konoha Council Member
Konoha Council Member

Health Health : 79
Country : Fire
Posts : 4390
Registration date : 2010-08-27

http://pokegames.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum Ideas

Post by Vaanire on March 9th 2014, 4:09 pm

In my country there is a saying "If a brothel doesn't prosper, you change the girls, not the curtains"

Here everyone is concerned about the game, thinking about the game and discussing about the game. Making some minor changes to make the forum look cool... well...
Sure, good moderators are important, but I don't see any unfair actions from the staff, so why bother?
Adding some content about the game, like you mentioned some movelist videos is a good idea.

Vaanire


Health Health : 3
Posts : 117
Registration date : 2010-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum Ideas

Post by Mr-A on March 9th 2014, 4:48 pm

I second what Rhino said. The forum being all about the game and only the game isn't something you can't change. If you are really convinced about what you've said, then why did you bother with all these extra sections? Why not remove them once and for all and keep the progress sections only? Why not just delete this forum and just go with a blog?

Mr-A


Health Health : 5
Posts : 23
Registration date : 2012-10-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum Ideas

Post by Rhino.Freak on March 9th 2014, 4:50 pm

Vaanire wrote:Sure, good moderators are important, but I don't see any unfair actions from the staff, so why bother?
unfair actions? Yep I haven't seen them as well, but you see I haven't seen any actions in the first place for a long time, not implying that they are lazy etc, but nobody actually is interested or cares about the forum nowadays..
Take a look at NTSD Christmas Release topic for instance. And I can also link to nearly 5-10 posts from newbies which broke rules, and staff is not just to moderate, they have to do more that keeps the forum alive.. :/
Also take a look at forum index, you'll see "Moderators: ", now check when was the last time they came or posted :/ Majority of them are inactive ...
avatar
Rhino.Freak
Konoha Council Member
Konoha Council Member

Health Health : 79
Country : Fire
Posts : 4390
Registration date : 2010-08-27

http://pokegames.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum Ideas

Post by Doctor Mak on March 9th 2014, 5:37 pm

I support the idea of kicking everyone out of their countries.
avatar
Doctor Mak


Health Health : 84
Country : Wind
Posts : 2085
Registration date : 2011-10-18

http://metalbrazuca.blogspot.com.br/

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum Ideas

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum