Your thoughts the PS4 and XBox 720

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Your thoughts the PS4 and XBox 720

Post by Storm on November 16th 2012, 8:26 pm

What do you think some of the features will be for both next-gen systems and what do you think won't be in them? I read somewhere that there is a chance that they won't be backwards compatible meaning you can't play older games on them like Playstation 2 games.

What I would like to see them do is make a feature where you can play an older game so long as you own the game itself. For example, you input the number above the bar code into the system which will allow you to play the game normally. If not that, then Sony can add in a new feature into the Playstation Network where you can download a game of your choice or they have monthly updates of games that might interest people and can download them for free. Either of those can be good things they might try.

What are some of your ideas?

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. ~ Edmund Burke

Any man can handle adversity. If you truly want to test a man's character, give him power. ~ Abraham Lincoln

People are like dice. We throw ourselves into the direction of our own choosing.

The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.
Storm
Admin

Health Health : 165
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Your thoughts the PS4 and XBox 720

Post by Stunkata8 on November 16th 2012, 8:46 pm

Internet!

Other than the social integration - facebooks, twitters, maybe youtube sharing - I believe they will be more and more oriented around any sort of online communication. Between players and also between players and devs (them being able to get more information from their customers). Online ranks and ladders for most of the games, DLC's, accessing your stats from mobile devices.

For the compatiblity - I believe they may use the same "stores" - PSN & XBL - and from there add some of the old games for less prize.

This is what I think they would want to do and one thing i'm really curious to see is - will they integrate the move & kinect even more.

I would like just a "next-gen better graphics box" with a gamepad and better online gaming service - not social!
Stunkata8
Asmodeus (Luxuria)
Asmodeus (Luxuria)

Health Health : 65
Registration date : 2009-09-10

http://stun-world.hit.bg/

Back to top Go down

Post by waxgyi on November 22nd 2012, 8:06 pm

These three things.
1. Distribute free online.
2. No lag.
3. Better communication.

waxgyi
Chunnin of the Leaf
Chunnin of the Leaf

Health Health : 12
Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post by C4Blizzard on November 25th 2012, 8:53 pm

Just one word: Obsolete.
C4Blizzard

Health Health : 27
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by din98 on November 26th 2012, 9:33 am

online and more better game
din98

Health Health : -5
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Remilia Scarlet on December 6th 2012, 12:37 am

Well... now as "Steam" got the "Big Picture" mode so you can pretty much turn your PC into a Steam console, it pretty much succeeded in most of the stuff we discussed in here.

Health Health : 77
Registration date : 2009-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on December 6th 2012, 1:42 am

Going to PC so....

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix on December 6th 2012, 1:53 am

Lets see... I could buy a console that I can not upgrade nor properly own the rights to (hacking restrictions) OR buy my own personal powerhouse of future proof ever expanding hub of everything online machine... aka a PC.

Even though the consoles sometimes have good franchises on them, it's not worth it.
Phoenix
Akatsuki Trainee
Akatsuki Trainee

Health Health : 30
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by DoM!n on December 6th 2012, 11:51 am

Like people above me said, since Big Picture got released, I can now have console with better hardware and all that, I just need a newer controller and that's it.

Only thing I would still lack are games like NHL, UFC, WWE and other series wich I miss on pc.
DoM!n
Mizukage
Mizukage

Health Health : 261
Registration date : 2008-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sidoain on December 7th 2012, 2:09 pm

Im not buying a new console, forget it lol. Im planning to buy a top notch gaming pc tho.

Anyway, after the N64, ps1, ps2..., we did not get enough multiplayer games to play with friends and they're not as good as the game we used to play in older consoles. I dont expect any xbox 720 or ps4 games to bring me back the joy of playing with friends in the same room. Its all about online games nowadays, so if its only about that, i rather play PC games only for both single player and online.

I'm thinking about buying a DS 3d and maybe, a WII U if the next super smash will be as good or better than melee.
Sidoain

Health Health : -1
Registration date : 2009-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Remilia Scarlet on December 7th 2012, 2:43 pm

Also, watching Anime online + browsing forums (and all sort of places on the internet) is just superior on the PC, doesn't matter how you look at it, or what you look at.

PC is both the best for gaming (with both graphics and perfomance), the best internet supported thing so far (both gaming and browsing) and now the best console.

It's very understandable why we bought a console back then, but now it's just nonsense, there's always a way when it comes to PC (even for the games that you do not know will work for PC).

Health Health : 77
Registration date : 2009-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top