D3 is released, finally.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

D3 is released, finally.

Post by Midnight_Blaze on May 14th 2012, 8:12 pm

I find it hard to believe no thread was opened yet, the greatest RPG of all times now finally on sale after 12 (and a half but who's countin') years of development, after playing the beta, it was rather unforgettable and I can't wait, I'm going to line up to the store get my copy and start raiding humanity's returning nightmare from existance. Smile

Once I remember my battle tag I'll post it here, so, all of you whom bought it, place your tags we'll party up sometimes.

See you on the battlefield.
Midnight_Blaze
Sei
Sei

Health Health : 37
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Re: D3 is released, finally.

Post by C4Blizzard on May 14th 2012, 9:32 pm

Midnight_Blaze wrote:I find it hard to believe no thread was opened yet, the greatest RPG of all times now finally on sale after 12 (and a half but who's countin') years of development, after playing the beta, it was rather unforgettable and I can't wait, I'm going to line up to the store get my copy and start raiding humanity's returning nightmare from existance. Smile

Once I remember my battle tag I'll post it here, so, all of you whom bought it, place your tags we'll party up sometimes.

See you on the battlefield.

That made me laugh, from what I've seen, Torchlight 2 is miles ahead of D3.

The fact that Blizzard put an auction house ingame where you can buy items (nice joke Blizzard) with real money is plain gay, almost as gay as Twilight. It doesn't matter it took 12 years to make, look at SC2, it may aswell be SC1.5, or how about a classic, Duke Nukem Forever. But meh, Blizzard fanboys will buy everything has the company's name on it.
C4Blizzard

Health Health : 27
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Ksarme on May 16th 2012, 10:28 pm

We already finished the game. Razz On normal difficulty, that is.
It's a really great hack'n'slash. Opponents and locations are varied, so are the skills and their rune modifications. Making your way through hordes of hell is satisfying. Boss encounters are interesting and varied as well, divided in stages that each require different approach. Storyline is sadly quite predictable, but still epic and manages to show conflict on a greater scale than ever in the series.
What we disliked is how class items are simply... not worth it. As a monk, we were using dual axes (oh, the nickname irony) over monk's weapons - knuckles - simply because they were stronger. Class-specific bonuses available on those items does not compensate for lower damage. Another thing might be how everyone seems to play monk or wizard. Razz In our journey we only saw one witch doctor - rest was one of the two classes. Also, monk is OP with his durability, damage, self-heal and buff auras, but that's another story and we absolutely didn't mind. Smile
About technical stuff: Lag is encountered very rarely - just once during our entire gameplay, so that's a good job. Sadly: all cinematics had to be played at least once to go smooth - on the first play they were messy to the point at which it was impossible to enjoy them. Hope it'll get fixed anytime soon.
Tl;dr: Great game. Some things might be fixed in the next patches. Costs a bit much, buuuuut we can forgive. We enjoyed the experience. 9+/10
Ksarme

Health Health : 94
Registration date : 2008-10-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Remilia Scarlet on May 17th 2012, 1:15 am

We shall give it a try then. (axer gains +1 Morale)

Health Health : 77
Registration date : 2009-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Ksarme on May 17th 2012, 2:14 am

Just by the way, we found the reason behind cinematics slow loading~
You just have to wait until absolutely everything is downloaded from the launcher, even the optional stuff - since "optional" means "cinematics" in Blizzard's slang.
After that, all runs smoothly.
Ksarme

Back to top Go down

Post by CrawHawk IV on May 17th 2012, 9:49 am

Got it just now, wanna play it as soon as possible
CrawHawk IV

Health Health : 20
Registration date : 2011-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by 4thHokage on May 17th 2012, 10:02 am

Going to buy it this weekend.

Sig by toby_0204_toby

4thHokage
Raikage
Raikage

Health Health : 72
Registration date : 2009-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Stunkata8 on May 17th 2012, 1:11 pm

@Axer
I want to ask if the replay value is there? You said you beat the game, does it make you want to go back for more, is there MORE to be done now after you;ve finished and I mean other than trying different class and skills? Is there value in gathering gear, items or will the PVP add that value?

BTW if someone doesnt have whoem to give his friend pass and would like to share with a random fella or me... I would apreciate it!
Stunkata8
Asmodeus (Luxuria)
Asmodeus (Luxuria)

Health Health : 65
Registration date : 2009-09-10

http://stun-world.hit.bg/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ksarme on May 17th 2012, 1:23 pm

With different classes, yes. Random level generation makes this game interesting even after multiple playthroughs. We don't feel motivated to go and do this again with the same character on higher difficulty though - we like things varied (using this word a lot in this thread, huh). However, we guess that after we're done with Demon Hunter, we'll continue playing with Monk on Nightmare. Just need a short break from him. Smile
Ksarme

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top