ONE PIECE Discussion Topic 1 *OBVIOUS SPOILERS

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ONE PIECE Discussion Topic 1 *OBVIOUS SPOILERS

Post by Sarnicone on January 28th 2012, 7:52 pm

ONE PIECE

Discussion Topic 1

Enel
http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Enel

I got this idea while talking with friends at school.
Point of this discussion is to rank a character's strength story wise, the maxim being 10.

The discussion will last a week per character, and at the end of each week, the character will be rated x out of 10.
Final score might change with each discussion for the previous characters. When that happens, the new week will be about that character to confirm. Every new manga chapter will effect this.

Enel, Lord of Skypedia, user of the Gura Gura no Mi and self titled "God". He defeated Gan Fall, Zoro, Robin and Wiper. All 4 of them are really good combatants, Zoro and Wiper being inhumanly strong, Gan Fall, a former "God" and Robin, a devil fruit user. He was defeated by Luffy, but only because Luffy was rubber... and crazy, which render both his Mantra and his Devil Fruit's powers which gave him God-Like powers.

Comparing with other Characters-
Whitebeard: There is no way Whitebeard can win against Enel. Sure, Whitebeard can use Haki and Gura Gura no Mi is incredibly strong. But Whitebeard cannot implant Haki inside his Gura Gura no Mi's skills, so his fruit is useless against Enel. Whitebeard's weapon is metallic, an electric conductor, makes his attacks to Enel a suicide attempt even if Whitebeard implanted Haki in his blade. However, maybe his Haoshoku Haki might effect Enel.

Shanks: Pretty much the same with Whitebeard except no Devil's Fruit

7 Warlocks: All Warlocks, including the former ones will stand no chance against Enel other than Hancock, who is the only know member of Shichibukai that can use Haoshoku Haki. Maybe Crocodile can earn a draw against Enel, since both of them are Logia and neither is weak against the other. But Enel's El Thor could effect him too.

Marines: Other than Admiral Kizaru, no one will stand a chance against Enel combat wise. Sure, Sengoku, Garp, Aokiji and Akainu can use haki too, but since none of them showed capable of using Haoshoku, everyone of them has elemental disadvantage against Enel.

Discuss

Last edited by Sarnicone on January 29th 2012, 8:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sarnicone

Health Health : 101
Registration date : 2009-05-05

Back to top Go down

Re: ONE PIECE Discussion Topic 1 *OBVIOUS SPOILERS

Post by Phoenix on January 28th 2012, 8:23 pm

Lol.. time to put my debate cap on.

First of all, Enel is NOT a god. He's not that powerful either. Yes he can put a hurting on an entire nation and lightning happens to be a very powerful element to have a logia of, BUT, he relies on that power far too much.

His color of observation haki is mediocre at best. He seems to need to focus a vast amount of concentration into it to even dodge Luffy's punches, which by now we know were slow when compared to new world fighters. Without having full control over this he can NEVER compare to veterans of the new world, or possibly even the super rookies. Second, he has no other skills outside of using his given powers. We can see that when actually touched, he has very little durability. Once again, you have to realize how weak Luffy was before the time-skip, and he didn't even use the second or third gears against Enel.

At the time Enel is able to scare a very weak and pre-mature Straw Hat crew. Yes his strength is enough to make the ground tremor.. but what does that ACTUALLY mean? It's nothing special when you look at the Battle of the Best.

Whitebeard is on GOL D. ROGER's level. You think the king of Pirates is afraid of a logia user who puts his faith into that single power? No. Haki lets you touch the essence of some one, so his logia is thus rendered almost completely useless. By the way, we know that Enel doesn't have any control over the color of augment haki because he couldn't by-pass Luffy's rubber.

Shanks is on level with Hawkeye when it comes to swordsmanship, and he did NOT become any weaker when he lost his arm. His inactive haki ALONE is enough to knock out 80% of Whitebeard's crew, which are ALL new world veterans.

I'm sorry but you're speaking out of your ass and clearly with favoritism.

I may as well speak on behalf of my favorite character, Marco the Phoenix, as well. Because if you say Enel can beat Whitebeard, which it's obvious he can't, then Marco would be an easy beat as well. WRONG. Marco's haki is strong enough to send Kizaru flying away when he infused it into his kick. There's also the simple suggestion that without haki of his own, Enel's attacks will simply pass through Marco.

So no, he can maybe go toe to toe with a majority of the 7 warlords, but that's about it. There are many Marines such as Sengoku, Garp, the three admirals, even Smoker could take down Enel with his sea-stone sword.

He has a LOT of training to do before he can get any farther than Sky island.

Not to mention if you pay attention to the cover pages on manga updates, he's currently on the moon.. being a lazy overlord of a tiny civilization and doing anything BUT training.

If I had to compare him to anyone, he's about as strong as Crocodile.
Completely dependent on his devil fruit power, and once that's bypassed even a rookie like Luffy can beat him.

Here's another point. If you want to know how effectively high class fighters who master augment haki can be: Imagine that Whitebeard, Shanks, and the three Admirals all have the same immunity to lightning as Luffy. THAT'S what haki can do. It can basically ignore or greatly decrease a logia's abilities. Just like how Whitebeard can be blasted by MAGMA and still stand which only burn marks.
Phoenix
Akatsuki Trainee
Akatsuki Trainee

Health Health : 30
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarnicone on January 29th 2012, 11:38 am

I didn't know Haki gives elemental resistance... Now my argument is invalid ^^

But I still think Enel is stronger than 7 Warlocks (excluding Boa Hancock, the only shown user of Haki). Mihawk, for example, never showed any hints of Haki, since he failed to cut through Jozu, giving him no chance to bypass the Devil Fruit's abilities.

Enel also showed the capability to erase most of Angel Island(or all?) with Raigou meaning non-Haki users will have a hard time fighting against him.

... seems like my point is turning into how strong Goro Goro no Mi is...
Sarnicone

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix on January 29th 2012, 7:49 pm

Although we don't know a lot about the Warlords, a lot can be said.

First of all Jozu is made out of diamond, the absolute strongest structure on earth and on One Piece's earth. So already that's not something to take lightly. Second, Mihawk was just trying to see what would happen when he slashed in Whitebeard's direction. Originally he wanted to see in Whitebeard's blade could compare to his slash, but Jozu interfered.. though it was still interesting.

Although there is no way of knowing this, Hawkeye's legendary ability to frighten even the strongest of fighters just by looking at them sounds like the conquerors haki.

He is also on par with Shanks, who we both know definitely has a massive amount of haki on demand. Being the world's greatest swordsman, that ALSO puts him ahead of Rayleigh, the dark king himself in battle proficiency.

So unless you think Enel could beat Rayleigh or Shanks.. there's no hope against Mihawk.

Daflamingo is a wild car. It really depends on how well his puppetry skills work. We don't know enough about him or his haki skills. So as it stands right now, he would be beaten just on the skills we KNOW he has.

Kuma, the original. He can repel anything, including electricity. He can also repel pain, which if Enel ever did injure him, he would just drive all that pain into him. Kuma is just a beast, you have to kill him right away or not at all.

Boa Hancock is.. not as good as you think. Her Haki has been shown only as mediocre as well, her best asset is that it's a man's world and she has quite the army backing her. One on one, she would be obliterated.

Crocodile is, like I said earlier, on par with Enel.

Jinbe. It really depends how Oda chooses to treat water. It could be very weak to electricity like pokemon, or a very good conductor and he could use it as a shield. Salt water is also from the sea, which makes him VERY susceptible because sea water is a fruit user's natural enemy.

Marshal D. Teach... He's odd. Although he never seems strong, he has beaten and survived some of the harshest beatings shown in One Piece. First of all, his Yami Yami Fruit seems to put him on an immortality level on par with Marco the Phoenix. He is just VERY susceptible to pain. He doesn't give up though, and now that he's a quake-man as well.. Enel just wouldn't stand a chance.

Gekko Moriah.. He's very weak really. Definitely the weakest of the Shichibukai, which is why Doflamingo was so eager to kill him. He wouldn't stand a chance against Enel.
Phoenix
Akatsuki Trainee
Akatsuki Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarnicone on January 29th 2012, 8:42 pm

So basically, with the information we have right now Doflamingo, Boa Hancock and Gekko wouldn't stand a chance against Enel.

I would still like to put Mihawk in the list, even though he is my only fav Warlock, as he have not shown any usage of Haki. And I don't think Mihawk would hold back in an attack to the strongest man alive.
Sarnicone

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix on January 29th 2012, 9:04 pm

Sarnicone wrote:So basically, with the information we have right now Doflamingo, Boa Hancock and Gekko wouldn't stand a chance against Enel.

I would still like to put Mihawk in the list, even though he is my only fav Warlock, as he have not shown any usage of Haki. And I don't think Mihawk would hold back in an attack to the strongest man alive.
He's not the strongest man alive though. Don't you think if he COULD have become one of the four pirate emperors he would? I mean, it's basically the same thing as ruling a nation. You get your own territory, an army, and civilians serving you. Just like Big Mam's business. I don't think he can compare to the new world's captains right now. At the moment, the strongest men in the world are either Garp, Sengoku, Blackbeard, Kaido, or Shanks. Big Mam isn't on the list because honestly.. just looks like she has a big following.
Phoenix
Akatsuki Trainee
Akatsuki Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarnicone on January 29th 2012, 9:16 pm

But everyone still calls him the strongest man, so I don't think Mihawk will hold back against him. Since this topic is not about Whitebeard, I'll save this one for later.

So, I'll just switch back to Enel.

Crocodile wouldn't stand a chance against Enel either, since Raigou showed capable of penetrating through the sea clouds and a huge part of Angel Island(though they are mostly composed of cloud is something to be noted)
Sarnicone

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix on January 29th 2012, 9:30 pm

Sarnicone wrote:But everyone still calls him the strongest man, so I don't think Mihawk will hold back against him. Since this topic is not about Whitebeard, I'll save this one for later.

So, I'll just switch back to Enel.

Crocodile wouldn't stand a chance against Enel either, since Raigou showed capable of penetrating through the sea clouds and a huge part of Angel Island(though they are mostly composed of cloud is something to be noted)
Yes but that's just one area. His lightning attacks are not actually lightning quick because he still needs to initiate them by either sending the electricity into a cloud and amplifying it or just sending it from his body in which case he needs to move his own body. I'm not saying he isn't strong, but as a fighter the best rating I can give him is a 7/10. Those 3 missing points are just because he has a complete lack of real skill outside of his talented use of an already powerful devil fruit.
Phoenix
Akatsuki Trainee
Akatsuki Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarnicone on January 29th 2012, 9:58 pm

I think 8/10 would be more appropriate, since as much as Enel lacks in own skills, the devil fruit makes up. Basically, I'd give it like this Enel 1/10(for Mantra), Devil Fruit 7/10.

Goro Goro no Mi pretty much showed the most capability so far, above other Logia, second only to Nikyu Nikyu. (Not counting the user, therefore no Haki)

Pretty much like Doku Doku, anyone that foolishly attack him will suffer the consequences, though Doku Doku have a chance that it will effect Haki users too. Though elemental wise, Doku Doku stand little chance against Goro Goro.

For Yami Yami no Mi's case, since it doubles the damage the user takes and the user cannot turn into darkness, which is one of Logia's huge advantage against non-haki users, Goro Goro will win, since Lightning is pretty much light, lower chance of being sucked by the black hole Yami Yami makes compared to other element.
Sarnicone

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix on January 29th 2012, 10:02 pm

Sarnicone wrote:I think 8/10 would be more appropriate, since as much as Enel lacks in own skills, the devil fruit makes up. Basically, I'd give it like this Enel 1/10(for Mantra), Devil Fruit 7/10.

Goro Goro no Mi pretty much showed the most capability so far, above other Logia, second only to Nikyu Nikyu. (Not counting the user, therefore no Haki)

Pretty much like Doku Doku, anyone that foolishly attack him will suffer the consequences, though Doku Doku have a chance that it will effect Haki users too. Though elemental wise, Doku Doku stand little chance against Goro Goro.

For Yami Yami no Mi's case, since it doubles the damage the user takes and the user cannot turn into darkness, which is one of Logia's huge advantage against non-haki users, Goro Goro will win, since Lightning is pretty much light, lower chance of being sucked by the black hole Yami Yami makes compared to other element.
Nothing escapes a black hole.. including light. That's why it's a black hole. So lightning has no advantage against it. Even lightning yields to gravity, which is one of the Yami Yami's main attributes.

8/10 is far too much, even 7/10 is giving him the benefit of the doubt. Even though his trick is good, he's still a one trick pony. Get past that, and he's got absolutely no chance of winning.
Phoenix
Akatsuki Trainee
Akatsuki Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarnicone on January 29th 2012, 10:10 pm

Since I'm out of pointers to make, 7/10 that is.

Choose the next character.
Sarnicone

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix on January 29th 2012, 10:18 pm

Magellan for sure.
Phoenix
Akatsuki Trainee
Akatsuki Trainee