[PC, X360] The Witcher 2 - now coming to Xbox!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[PC, X360] The Witcher 2 - now coming to Xbox!

Post by Ksarme on January 27th 2012, 3:49 pm

1. For those who already know the game from PC, I'll just drop the new X360 intro, in case you didn't see it - it's January, but I think it's safe to say this will be the best intro of 2012. In other words, it's fucking awesome. Best to see fullscreen in HD, so go to Youtube and watch it like this.

2. For those who don't, I'll simply copypaste:

You are a witcher, a mutant. The sooner you accept this, the better. People will seek you out for your skills, but you must know to disappear when your presence is no longer desired. You are unique, different. This puts you in the same precarious position as non-humans who find themselves impaled or hanging from nearby trees. That they exist and are different triggers resentment, animosity and hatred among common folk, who will use any pretext to show them their proper place. How is it then that witchers, while equally non-human and different, do not share the fate of these poor devils? The answer is twofold.
First, relatively few of you walk this earth. Therefore, one is far more likely to encounter an elf than a monster-slayer such as yourself. And second, you possess a couple of rather forceful deterrents, a solid sword and a simple set of life rules.

Your blades are your lifeline. It's therefore unsurprising that your ability to wield them is renowned, or that very few are keen or even willing to risk their lives by engaging you in combat. Still, your prowess has not led to arrogance. Neither do you revert to force when it isn't necessary. As long as even a small possibility remains of resolving a conflict by other means, you sheathe your sword rather than tempt fate. However, you are unrelenting and without remorse when you must fight. You're no saint, and not out to save the world. Ultimately, you simply want to survive while remaining true to your profession.

A time of untold chaos has come. Mighty forces clash behind the scenes in a struggle for power and influence. Northern Kingdoms mobilize their armies and prepare for war. But armies on the march are not enough to stop a bloody conspiracy. Someone is hunting crowned heads.
Every assassination attempt intensifies the chaos, and might truly does make right these days. Cruelty and violence have become daily fare... Do you dare stand alone among the mighty forces that are fighting for power over the Northern Kingdoms? Do you truly dare?

tl;dr: You are enhanced human, monster slayer; other humans are racist like hell; someone murders the king; guess who's getting accused. The Witcher 2 revolves about finding the true murderer and clearing your name... in the beginning, at least. Later it gets a bit more complicated, but I'll leave discovering the storyline to you.
W2 was nominated for the best PC game on VGA (many are suprised why it wasn't also in best RPG [c'mon, Dragon Age 2 made it there...] and best graphics categories... oh well).
Alright, that's it. Any opinions on the game or the new intro?
Ksarme

Health Health : 94
Registration date : 2008-10-11

Back to top Go down

Re: [PC, X360] The Witcher 2 - now coming to Xbox!

Post by Tfwtolly on January 27th 2012, 4:15 pm

f*ck that intro was cool. I'll have to download this one.

Tfwtolly

Health Health : -3
Registration date : 2009-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Ksarme on January 27th 2012, 5:40 pm

uberserious
You should be ashamed of yourself, Tolly. If you like the game, buy it dammit so creators will have money for another part.
Ksarme

Back to top Go down

Post by XavierEvera on January 27th 2012, 5:47 pm

ACTA speaks through you, axer~san. you should be ashemed.
XavierEvera

Health Health : 30
Registration date : 2010-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Ksarme on January 27th 2012, 6:04 pm

Not ACTA, as I had such opinion of piracy for a few years now. Fairness. I want to see more games from CD Project Red. Don't you? And they need money to create them.
Besides, SOPA and ACTA are results of piracy. It's guys who download games, music, movies etc. that put whole Internet in danger by provoking governments to create anti-piracy acts. If not for them, there would be no damned reason for any of those.
So I stand by what I said. You should be ashamed.
Ksarme

Back to top Go down

Post by XavierEvera on January 27th 2012, 6:15 pm

everything what acta "upcome" with were in our law before. only improvement is one. they can send you to extradition to usa if you look "suspicious" (lol) and then u will be judged. even if u did nothing. did you read the case of some gb student? he didnt done anything bad but he was involved in that extra-shittion stuff anyway.

Spoiler:
police everywhere. justice nowhere.
XavierEvera

Back to top Go down

Post by Ksarme on January 27th 2012, 6:20 pm

I don't talk about ACTA contents. I talk about its reason.

Now Xavier, let's move back to the topic, which is The Witcher 2. If you wish to discuss ACTA further, don't do it here.
Ksarme

Back to top Go down

Post by XavierEvera on January 27th 2012, 6:52 pm

oh sorry. so then... i have played this one at pc i can tell one thing after that. for some many nice trailers and stuff like that, the game dissappoint me. why? i will write here some reasons why. the world what u'r able to walk around isnt that free as the creators primarl were saying... no offence to creators but ragdolls even css have better than w2 have. walking thourgh the corpses just like in noclip mode is rlly disgusting. anti-aliaz looks awefully. if ya look closely u will see what i mean. dont watch the endings of models but quality of textures. storyline... only one good side of this game. unforunelly, only in act 1. act 3 is essention of disaster. eh. whatevah...

graphics: 7/10
sound: 9/10
storyline quality 6/10
level of enjoyment of game: 8/10
requiments: 6/10 (they're pretty high to play at better looking stuff)
overall:
7/10

Spoiler:
Y U NO MW2?!
XavierEvera

Back to top Go down

Post by Tfwtolly on January 28th 2012, 6:44 am

Axer wrote: uberserious
You should be ashamed of yourself, Tolly. If you like the game, buy it dammit so creators will have money for another part.

But I don't know if I'm gonna like it... If I download this one and it's good I might buy the next installment.

Tfwtolly

Health Health : -3
Registration date : 2009-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top