[PS3/Xbox360]DmC: Devil May Cry

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[PS3/Xbox360]DmC: Devil May Cry

Post by Phoenix on January 4th 2012, 4:18 am

Time to discuss the highly controversial new installment to the Devil May Cry franchise with the fifth game simply titled: DmC.

Publisher: Capcom
Developer: Ninja Theory
Genre: Action, Hack n' Slash
Number of Players: Single Player
Release Date: TBA 2012

Brief Description: Devil May Cry brand new tears -- DmC reinvents Capcom's classic action franchise to explore new frontiers with the series. The "Devil May Cry DNA" of stylish action, rewarding combat and a brash, smart-talking protagonist all remains; however, it has now injected with a dark and brutal gameplay that promises to redefine the franchise.

Set against a contemporary backdrop, DmC depict a duplicitous world where nothing is ever as it seems and the line between good and evil is constantly blurred. Spurred into action by the promises of a trusted relation, Dante bursts into this world intent on revenge at any cost. DmC retains the series signature mix of sword and gunplay but add additional weapons, all new powers and a revitalised gameplay system as players encounter the game's devilish mix of enemies and navigate the rich, interactive environment.

Official Trailer (E3 2011):

Official Trailer (Tokyo Gameshow 2010):

Gameplay:

My opinion:
There's a lot of hate being spread about Dante's new look. I'll be the first to say that the hair looks like it was rendered on a Playstation 2, but that's not what a game needs to make an impact. Ugly characters do not kill a game, really. In fact, back in gameboy days I remember fondly we didn't have a choice. Characters were little square bodies or if they managed to be bigger there was no detail. Now I know this is a demanding era for games. With technology being so advanced we deserve to ask for more as time goes on.. but come on people. His hair, really? It even turns white again when he goes devil trigger so what's the problem?

I like this game. I like the idea and the mystery behind it. Do you think Capcom completely ditched our beloved original Dante? Hell no! That's why in the tokyo gameshow trailer they emphasized saying his name.. to make us ask ourselves that question. What is the question? "What happened to Dante?" Is this really our Dante?|If not, what happened to the original. Who is this imposer? I am more than willing to play the game to answer these questions.

But I'm not the main consumer, you guys are. So what's your opinion?
Phoenix
Akatsuki Trainee
Akatsuki Trainee

Health Health : 30
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

Re: [PS3/Xbox360]DmC: Devil May Cry

Post by Miatsu on January 4th 2012, 6:58 am

I'm not the type that will stop playing a game because the main character looks like he belongs to Twilight. I like the original Dante, but for me only thing that matters is the gameplay, how great does the game sound, the visuals, etc. aka the general components that makes a quality video game. Overall it looks appealing so I would buy it judging by how it is coming out so far.
Miatsu

Health Health : 25
Registration date : 2008-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by C4Blizzard on January 9th 2012, 10:12 pm

Dante looking like a retarded Edward Cullen and no PC release? Double f*ck-up.
C4Blizzard

Health Health : 27
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by [S]ky on January 9th 2012, 10:22 pm

Mh, I played the whole sequel and it doesn't look that promising as Dmc4 or 3 did.
Gameplay is the same, features are different and don't seem to wake my interest
[S]ky
Beelzebub (Gula)
Beelzebub (Gula)

Health Health : 46
Registration date : 2008-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Eredale on January 9th 2012, 10:50 pm

Well, I've watched the videos, and I guess that having devoted quite a bit of hours to both DMC 3 and 4, I can judge this...

First off yeah, the protagonist looks damn retarded. Even moreso if there's no reason for him to be like this; if they actually come up with an explanation for why this guy looks like a faggot wannabe hero, I would compliment them on that, true.

Then, the animations are pretty meh. They look choppier and not as convincing as before. They overdid with the speed/stop switching; the characters look as if they suddenly move at the speed of light, then deliberately take the time to stop in some kind of intermediate pose, then continue the act.

Third, so far I've seen A LOT of midair combat. I know this is a video game, and it's a Devil May Cry title at that, but there's limits to how long suspension of disbelief goes. They overdid with this too - moar defied physics don't look more awesome; it just looks much more weird instead. Although it allows for more combo potential and focusing on complicated moves, I already feel that it won't be as compelling as flying all over the place with Nero's devil hand snatch.

The graphics huh... well, having had a bit of closer look at the models in the videos, I can't say they're god awful, but there's no visible improvement for the latest title in the DMC series. I'm not really one to say though, since I played DMC 4 on DirectX 9, but then again, even so I see no difference from even that sort of graphic.

The things that interest me here are not really numerous too. They improved the gun particles, I hope they improve gun damage as well... since it felt kinda shitty to tap the button for half an hour and only see one bar of enemy's health disappear. Also, it seems that locked rooms with enemies are still here, but became more of an interactive event, which is a nice movement from 'kill all, go to next room'. New mechanics too (though I have a hard time remembering what fight mechanics did the DMC series not use).

The plot and all would be interesting at that, but coupled with the few pros and lots of cons the game has, I have yet to consider playing it (especially considering the fact that I don't have a console and PC releases weren't mentioned). Maybe I'll touch it someday simply to play a new DMC game.
Eredale

Health Health : 156
Registration date : 2009-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Mak on January 16th 2012, 8:55 pm

- New Dante looks like shit, he shines like edward cullen

- gameplay seems very much easy than the others games

- i don't know what it is, but i heard that is a reboot so... f*ck I want to know more about nero and his relation with dante after DMC4
Doctor Mak

Health Health : 84
Registration date : 2011-10-18

http://metalbrazuca.blogspot.com.br/

Back to top Go down

Post by Stunkata8 on January 16th 2012, 11:04 pm

I'm too a fan from the 3rd and 4th game so i cant say im that of a hardcore fan but Dante is (well was) Dante and he is a known character in video gaming.
I wont even start a Dante comparison, I was hyped for the game from its very first "cinematic" trailer cuz it looked nice and fresh and I dont know how the game will eventually connect to the other instalments.

When i first saw gameplay videos It looked nice, but than when they put them out again and I rewatched it seems kinda... disconnected or something.
When they jump from one enemy to the next it seems kinda clunky although the fighting style itself looks really nice.

I really dig the dynamic sound changing design they've made or if you havent heard it:
As you know the Music in DMC games is also something that is pimping you up to keep mashing up and here it changes depending on your combos.
You hit them it keeps getting more "pumping".
Stunkata8
Asmodeus (Luxuria)
Asmodeus (Luxuria)

Health Health : 65
Registration date : 2009-09-10

http://stun-world.hit.bg/

Back to top Go down

Post by C4Blizzard on January 17th 2012, 1:27 am

They basically turned DMC into GoW. Such a pity.
C4Blizzard

Health Health : 27
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Miatsu on January 17th 2012, 1:37 am

All I am saying is - don't look down upon this game yet. It may actually be enjoyable. For example not a lot of people expected DBZ: UT to be fun, but it was. Especially they have not showed us all the content in the game so there might still be something to anticipate.
Miatsu

Health Health : 25
Registration date : 2008-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top