DC Universe Online (F2P)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DC Universe Online (F2P)

Post by Stunkata8 on December 23rd 2011, 9:09 pm

p.s. If you've played the game please post a comment with your thoughts on the game!

I have some free time so I thought of sharing this!

DC Universe Online launched I believe in January. It was a full prised game by Sony Online Entertainment with monthly taxes (there were different kinds of subscribtions actually).
But that is in the past so it doesn't matter.

The game is an MMO and is now based on a Free To Play model, but it is a good one. I played it for a week or two since it re-launched in november (skyrim came out after that) and so did some friends of mine.

I'll start with the Free to play. So basicly you can go to dcuniverseonline.com download the game (around 14 gigs) and start playing. You have access to all the "classes" except the Light (which is based on the DC's Green Lanterns and Yellow) but that's because it was a add on expansion that costs 10$ to everyone.
You can level up like everyone else (cap is 30) and all the quests are avaiable to everyone there are now PAY to do quests. You will also have access to the game's PVP arenas and Raid Alerts you can get the best pvp and pve armours and you can basicly play for free.

A free player does have a money cap, but I garantee you that is not a problem you will have enough for repairs if needed and for regen consumables, also you can pay to have more inventory slots but you're given enough to able to carry everything you need (which is only your armour and some regens).
I want to say that You can basicly play the game FREE like it should be if its F2P it doesnt want you to pay to get a full experience here.

GAMEPLAY
The actual game is a fast combat mmo you can like it or now. If you've played champions online or another superhero mmo it is something like that, but it is more polished and feels better than does.

You get to choose an archetype (class) from which will depend you roll, a weapon for you likes of combat play and a traveling power.

All classes can be DPS role and than they have their secondory - defensive aka tank, healing and controller aka support.
The controller role in the game is for buffs debuffs and also it keeps the raids energy (mana) at full.

Every class has 2 talent threes and your abilities can have special role effects (like healing insted of damage if you choose to be a healer)

The weapons choice depends on your likes of combat. You can have dual postils, bow, rifle and hand blasts for range or staff, 2hand weapon, one hand weapon or double weild for close range.
Every weapon has a a close and a range hit so dont worry if you choose a bow you can still use it in close confrontation.
As you level up you can ability points for your class and skill points for you weapons (which can be earned after you level up by compleating achivements called deeds here or races - a mini game).
So you can really made a hero or villian of your choosing.
Which reminds me I forgot customisation - there isnt much variety but you get no limit in the items and also when you equip droped items in the world they have they change your look (or you can lock you original hero's costume).

I wrote so much sh*t but in the end if you like superheroes and you like games like spider-man, even if you're not familiar with the DC universe they have the likes of Batman and Superman there so I dont think you'll be backed off by unfamiliar faces.

The game is worth checking if you want to level up a hero and do some raids against dc characters.
Just whatch a video or two to see if its the kind of gameplay you would like to play!

like this one

Stunkata8
Asmodeus (Luxuria)
Asmodeus (Luxuria)

Health Health : 65
Registration date : 2009-09-10

http://stun-world.hit.bg/

Back to top Go down

Re: DC Universe Online (F2P)

Post by Phoenix on December 23rd 2011, 9:18 pm

Incredibly bored with the game after the first week.
Phoenix
Akatsuki Trainee
Akatsuki Trainee

Health Health : 30
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on December 23rd 2011, 9:20 pm

Surprisingly, I agree with Justin. The game makes you get bored after some time of playing it.

Back to top Go down

Post by barryakafatz on December 24th 2011, 5:17 am

im trying to play it now but theres an error that says "your graphics card is not capable enough of playing this game"... any advice?
barryakafatz

Health Health : -1
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Stunkata8 on December 24th 2011, 10:32 am

You need to BUY a new video card!
Stunkata8
Asmodeus (Luxuria)
Asmodeus (Luxuria)

Back to top Go down

Post by Hiei on December 24th 2011, 10:44 am

I am busy with GDMO which is very similar to this game's gameplay so I won't be switching to this as I love digimons.<3

Hiei
Hokage
Hokage

Health Health : 445
Registration date : 2009-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Stunkata8 on December 24th 2011, 1:32 pm

I can post this video to get someone excited (lol Very Happy), but again its for the guys that like these sorts of superhero games!

Stunkata8
Asmodeus (Luxuria)
Asmodeus (Luxuria)

Back to top Go down

Post by Hiei on December 24th 2011, 4:41 pm

But I must say one thing this game looks great , I just don't have time to start one more mmorpg.

Hiei
Hokage
Hokage

Health Health : 445
Registration date : 2009-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm on December 25th 2011, 3:44 am

I'll stick with Maplestory.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. ~ Edmund Burke

Any man can handle adversity. If you truly want to test a man's character, give him power. ~ Abraham Lincoln

People are like dice. We throw ourselves into the direction of our own choosing.

The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.
Storm
Admin

Health Health : 165
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top