[PS3]One Piece Kaizoku Musou (Pirate Warriors)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[PS3]One Piece Kaizoku Musou (Pirate Warriors)

Post by Phoenix on December 22nd 2011, 6:39 pm

It's finally happened.
The team that has brought us the never ending line of action packed Dynasty Warriors titles is now bringing us One Piece: Priate Warriors!

Publisher: Namco Bandai Games / Tecmo Koei
Developer: Omega Force
Genre: Action / Adventure
Number of Players: ?
Platforms: PS3
North American Release Date: Not announced
Japanese Release Date: March 1, 2012
European Release Date: Not announced

Confirmed Playable Characters:
Luffy
Zoro
Sanji
Nami
Usopp
Franky
Brook
Chopper
Robin

Characters Seen in Scans and Videos, but not confirmed playable:
Ace
Akainu
Aokiji
Pacifista/Kuma
Buggy
Arlong

Official Trailer:

Promotional Video:

PS3 Gold Edition:
Spoiler:

Scans:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Phoenix on January 29th 2012, 10:50 pm; edited 13 times in total
Phoenix
Akatsuki Trainee
Akatsuki Trainee

Health Health : 30
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

Re: [PS3]One Piece Kaizoku Musou (Pirate Warriors)

Post by Sarnicone on December 22nd 2011, 6:44 pm

Luffy, Zoro and Sanji playable!?
Now this is one of the "must buy after getting a PS3" games.

But a Dynasty Warrior platform? Really?
Sarnicone

Health Health : 101
Registration date : 2009-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix on December 22nd 2011, 6:52 pm

Updated. Actually Dynasty Warrior's system of battle fits One Piece perfectly. Not to mention they have really shown their worth after the big surprise Dynasty Warriors 7 was. They actually put in a perfect blend of character quality, quantity, and mayhem.

Those lists were taken originally from Saiyan Island, however I updated them to be much more generous because apparently confirmed for them means straight out of the developers mouth or first person gameplay.

Don't be buthurt about it being for the PS3 as well. If it does well, it will end up like the Storm series for Naruto and they will buy the copyrights for it on Xbox as well.

Also, there is a new One Piece Gold Edition PS3 being released just for the game if you DO wanna buy a PS3 just for this.
Phoenix
Akatsuki Trainee
Akatsuki Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Hiei on December 22nd 2011, 7:11 pm

Not a fan of one piece but this game looks great.

Hiei
Hokage
Hokage

Health Health : 445
Registration date : 2009-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarnicone on December 22nd 2011, 7:11 pm

I am waiting for the Versus XIII release, actually... Should be exactly when I get some income...

I actually like Dynasty warriors, just never dreamed of seeing OP on a DW platform.
Sarnicone

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix on December 22nd 2011, 7:13 pm

Better quality trailer.

By the way isn't Versus XIII PS3 only? <_< Good luck waiting another 5 years for that.
Phoenix
Akatsuki Trainee
Akatsuki Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Miatsu on December 22nd 2011, 9:38 pm

For some reason I never thought they will make a One Piece game. I'm glad they are though. Is this a first day buy for anyone? Even with the amount of information we have.
Miatsu

Health Health : 25
Registration date : 2008-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix on December 22nd 2011, 9:41 pm

It's a very possible buy for me. It really depends on what new characters they bring to the series. If it has Shanks has a playable character, I'm buying. Though even without Shanks I'd be content with Whitebeard or Blackbeard.
Phoenix
Akatsuki Trainee
Akatsuki Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Miatsu on December 22nd 2011, 11:27 pm

Hopefully they do this right. This may have a high character roster if they are basing it with the latest arc in the anime.
Miatsu

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix on December 22nd 2011, 11:44 pm

War of the Best at Marineford would be the ideal arc to make a game like this in. I'm hoping that they at least have the timeskip costumes available for all the characters.
Phoenix
Akatsuki Trainee
Akatsuki Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm on December 23rd 2011, 1:22 am

Dynasty Warriors 7 surprised me as well and it looks pretty darn good to boot. The only thing I hated in the series was the spinoffs like the DW Extreme series. Empires I didn't mind much, but not something I would have ran out to buy just because it was a DW game.

Anyway, this One Piece game looks pretty good. The One Piece PS3 Gold Edition seems kind of unnecessary to me, but I'm sure plenty of people would buy it.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. ~ Edmund Burke

Any man can handle adversity. If you truly want to test a man's character, give him power. ~ Abraham Lincoln

People are like dice. We throw ourselves into the direction of our own choosing.

The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.
Storm
Admin

Health Health : 165
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Miatsu on December 23rd 2011, 1:56 am

Looks like they are trying to pull off a Capcom. Marvel vs Capcom 3- Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3... even though they had an excuse for that

Street Fighter IV-Super Street Fighter IV-Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition

Not necessary.
Miatsu

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix on December 23rd 2011, 7:42 am

I'm a huge Dynasty Warriors fan and I always viewed the Empires or Xtreme Legends games as optional sequels. They actually do tend to have a LOT added it, way more than that stupid Super MVC3 shit Capcom is serving people. Modes, characters, fully developed stories for those characters, weapons, added cutscenes. Yes we're in a video game era where cutscenes aren't rare, where we see them so often or they just don't exist like Skyrim is pushing for, but Dynasty Warriors still gives me a good feeling when I do get a rare cutscene.

So I guess I'm saying that it's different for every person and their investing privileges.

I will say that the Ps3 Gold Edition makes me excited because they actually have enough faith in themselves to make this.
Phoenix
Akatsuki Trainee
Akatsuki Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm on December 23rd 2011, 7:52 am

I enjoyed watching the cutscenes back on Dynasty Warriors 4 and I'll definitely get DW 7 once I get the money together for a PS3. The Empires games are like playing the board game War in a sense and are more about conquering areas rather than a compelling storyline. The Xtreme Legends games weren't bad; I just couldn't bring myself to see what all the hype was about for them.

However, it's good that they stuck with the Romance of the Three Kingdoms story since Wu, Shu, and Wei have been at war with each other since the very first game. Then the Yellow Turbans and Lu Bu's own army were in there as well, so it makes the DW series that much more interesting. What stuck out to me the most was the Musou attacks. The character creation felt a bit lacking in a way, so I'm guessing that they have improved it or have trashed the idea entirely.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. ~ Edmund Burke

Any man can handle adversity. If you truly want to test a man's character, give him power. ~ Abraham Lincoln

People are like dice. We throw ourselves into the direction of our own choosing.

Storm
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix on December 23rd 2011, 8:07 am

I think most games that aren't RPGs have pretty much trashed character creation. Hack and Slash and fighting games once tried to do this but there were only so many possibilities they could include. With new generation consoles and software they could include it but it would only take away from time they could be putting into the game itself.

Back to One Piece though, my main wishlist for the game is as followed.
-Shanks, if he's in the game I'd buy it on the spot. Practically nothing is known about his fighting style but his sword and Haki.. but still, it's a hope.
-Dual Style: They use to have dual modes between high ranked officers in the old Dynasty Warriors and I would love to see them implemented for One Piece's epic one on one fights.
-Whitebeard+Blackbeard: You pretty much have to have the other if you're including one of them. I really want Whitebeard more as opposed to Black though.
-Some of Whitebeard's crew: Whitebeard's crew had some of the nicest abilities of the entire series. A few of the more popular ones added in would be great.
Phoenix
Akatsuki Trainee
Akatsuki Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Miatsu on December 23rd 2011, 8:16 am

I hope Pandaman is in. He was by far my favorite character. By the way since I didn't get a chance to look into it when I was younger, which is the correct name; Zoro/Zolo
Miatsu

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix on December 23rd 2011, 8:23 am

Zoro.
Phoenix
Akatsuki Trainee
Akatsuki Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm on December 23rd 2011, 8:31 am

True. Game development teams are on time constraints so they have to trash certain ideas depending on the team leader is looking for.

Anyway, this might turn out to be a pretty good game. Let's just hope that Tecmo Koei and Omega Force can pull it off.

Storm
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc on December 23rd 2011, 8:40 am

Damn I love the DW series,started to loving the game from DW4.Well I didn`t have DW7 since DW6 kind of let me down,they make some changes in DW6 that I'm not really fond with.Tbh I don't really care if they change the look of the characters or shit like that,but what I do care is that they remove the button combo system or whatever you called them and replace them with renbu.

As for the One Piece game,even though I never read or watch One Piece,but the trailer seems cool,this one seems better than that bleach game on PS3 though,not sure if I'm getting it,but who knows right.

Last edited by Norc on April 9th 2012, 8:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Norc
Leviathan (Invidia)
Leviathan (Invidia)

Health Health : 34
Registration date : 2010-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix on December 31st 2011, 7:37 am

@Norc wrote:damn i luv the DW series,started to loving the game from dw4.well I didn`t have DW7 since DW6 kind of let me down a little,they make some changes in dw6 that I don`t like,i don`t really care if they change the look of the characters and such,but what i do care is,they remove the button combo system or whatever you called them and replace them with renbu.

as for the one piece game,even though i never read/watch one piece,but the trailer seems cool,this one seems better than that bleach game on ps3 though,not sure if i`m getting it,but who knows right.
DW7 surprised even DW critics with how good it is. DW6 was just a test for them, trying out a slightly new system with more characters on screen. That's why they delivered so hard on DW7.
Phoenix
Akatsuki Trainee
Akatsuki Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Miatsu on December 31st 2011, 8:51 am

So basically if they make this game like Dynasty Warriors 7 just with some slight changes andimprovements, you think that is the way for them to be successful with this game? Because honestly I think they will add some new stuff to the game and see if it is a highlight in the game so they can put it in Dynasty Warriors 8.
Miatsu

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix on December 31st 2011, 9:01 am

Koei and Omega Studios already have a winning formula with Dynasty Warriors 7, so it won't be hard for them to add a One Piece flare with a few improved game play mechanics to put the seal on this game. They have everything set in place to knock this game out of the park, but we won't know for sure until more info is released and of course the release date.
Phoenix
Akatsuki Trainee
Akatsuki Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix on December 31st 2011, 11:25 pm

Update: New Promotional video
Phoenix
Akatsuki Trainee
Akatsuki Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarnicone on January 1st 2012, 8:41 am

From that point!?

That means Enel WILL be in, right?
*fanboy mode*
Sarnicone

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix on January 2nd 2012, 6:49 pm

I hope so, he was an interesting showcase of Logia fruit power.
Phoenix
Akatsuki Trainee
Akatsuki Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top