About Soul Calibur 5

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: About Soul Calibur 5

Post by Miatsu on July 19th 2011, 11:13 pm

Wow it's all been based on Soul Calibur. Maybe they will try something new. I would really like to see them continue making video games.
Miatsu

Health Health : 25
Registration date : 2008-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm on July 22nd 2011, 8:59 pm

Miatsu wrote:Wow it's all been based on Soul Calibur. Maybe they will try something new. I would really like to see them continue making video games.
Let's hope so and I hope this is the last Soul Calibur they make. Any more than 5 would just ruin the series as a whole.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. ~ Edmund Burke

Any man can handle adversity. If you truly want to test a man's character, give him power. ~ Abraham Lincoln

People are like dice. We throw ourselves into the direction of our own choosing.

The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.
Storm
Admin

Health Health : 165
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Miatsu on July 29th 2011, 1:37 am

While I was at Comic-Con 2011 great things I saw from Soul Calibur V.

Brave Edge = The ability to chain more hits to your combos and break your opponents guard etc. Reminds you of an EX move from Super Street Fighter IV.

Critical Edge = Major damage dealing. The same as critical finish but of course you can see it more often.

They both take a portion of this bar next to your name. Brave edge takes half of your special bar and Critical Edge takes a whole bar. That said your bar has a limit of 2 levels though.

Personally I love the concept of the brave edge since more fighting games are utilizing the ability to chain combos with a upgraded version of an attack and if you come to the Soul Series for the first time you will get the hang of it.

I also like the critical edge because if you make a fighting game look flashy enough a lot of newer fans will become attracted to it and be like " Whoa that looks pretty cool " and since you see it more often now, I love it.

Character wise I thought it was great how they explained things.

Seigfried is obviously older and maybe a bit slower but since he is a warrior he still has a little speed to him. Even though he is slower his aging made him more tactical and you will see that in his moveset.

They announced two new fighters so the list is as confirmed so far:
Mitsurugi
Ivy
Phyrra
Seigfried
Patroklos
The two new confirmed is

Natsu - Judging by her picture you can tell she is a happy go lucky type ninja. Which makes it strange how she trains under Taki who is as serious as you can be. Her moves looks great utilizing the wall to bounce off of and very agile. If they do not put Taki in the game she will be a fresh start for Taki fans while still feel similiar to Taki which the fans of Taki will greatly enjoy.

Z.W.E.I - I believe they said that was a codename rather than his real one. But he is rather mysterious looking but he looks awesome. He uses a short sword for combat. Which I have to add, it is really weird how he weilds it but yet it's impressive. He grabs his from the side handle of the sword and fights like that. Like a combination of a short sword and a tonfa, BUT! It is still a short sword which can make it impressive in landing combos and range. Why do I think that you ask?... or maybe not.

If they make him have the ability to weild it like that and switch up his stance and weild it correctly, fans can make a mix of combinations of short ranged attacks when needed and long range attacks when needed. Just like Hilde except with one weapon. Hopefully that is what Project Soul is planning.

The new stages looks great too. The traditional Sailors Rest looks amazing with the cannon fights in the background, water splashing, and having a raging battle in the background just makes me more excited and determined to make my fight a epic battle. The other stage is set under the moonlight in a beautiful night time meadow setting, a traditional Japanese setting for epic battles. Looks gorgeous. By far the best stage I've seen so far. This will definitely be a popular stage amongst fans.

The other stages are a mansion that closely resembles Ivy's mansion in Soul Calibur III. They have the traditional cage stage. This time the gates can be knocked down by you or they will automatically let down by passing time.

Also they made the flow of the game faster. By looking at the quick side-stepping of the game this is going to play maybe more like Soul Calibur III rather than Soul Calibur IV.

Storm and others I cannot wait for this game! So hyped about it I think it will be worth $60.00 hands down.
Miatsu

Health Health : 25
Registration date : 2008-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on October 29th 2011, 9:48 pm

Soul Caliber 4 was incredible, and in this one there is also going to be Ezio from assassin's creed!

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm on October 29th 2011, 10:21 pm

Yeah. They always add in at least one exclusive character to the series.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. ~ Edmund Burke

Any man can handle adversity. If you truly want to test a man's character, give him power. ~ Abraham Lincoln

People are like dice. We throw ourselves into the direction of our own choosing.

The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.
Storm
Admin

Health Health : 165
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top