About Soul Calibur 5

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

About Soul Calibur 5

Post by Storm on July 11th 2011, 11:52 pm

I just recently watched a video about the game and as far as I can tell, it looks promising. One of the people working on it would like the team who are doing the 5th game to work on 4 other games. Personally, I think you can only stretch a series so far before it gets redundant and nothing new can be made or introduced to it.

Anyway, here's a video of some of the people working on the game.

And here's some of the game play

My personal preference is Soul Calibur 3, but 5 looks good so far and one new addition will be Sophitia's son as a playable character for 5. Anyway, give your thoughts and see what you guys think about it.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. ~ Edmund Burke

Any man can handle adversity. If you truly want to test a man's character, give him power. ~ Abraham Lincoln

People are like dice. We throw ourselves into the direction of our own choosing.

The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.
Storm
Admin

Health Health : 165
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: About Soul Calibur 5

Post by Miatsu on July 12th 2011, 12:47 am

As a major fan of the series I am very psyched about the upcoming Soul Calibur 5. I am the same as you, I loved Soul Calibur 3 mainly because the story mode and how you could choose a certain path for certains battles and hidden secrets, fighting major bosses like the giant statue and Night Terror, and most of all the RPG war element of the game, Tales of Souls. Sophitia's son looks really cool and I hope Project Soul gives him an original way of fighting. I hope he isn't just a male clone of Sophitia.

I also hope in Soul Calibur V they go back to Tales of Souls or atleast how Soul Calibur III's story mode was like. I didn't like Soul Calibur IV's story mode because it just felt like an arcade mode. Two arcade modes in one game is kind of bad.

Last thing is if I remember correctly Sophitia had a daughter also. Is she also confirmed in the game? If so then that could be here in the trailer, and she just looks like her mother. Because 17 years after the events of Soul Calibur IV, I would think Sophitia would age a little.
Miatsu

Health Health : 25
Registration date : 2008-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm on July 12th 2011, 7:39 am

Miatsu wrote:As a major fan of the series I am very psyched about the upcoming Soul Calibur 5. I am the same as you, I loved Soul Calibur 3 mainly because the story mode and how you could choose a certain path for certains battles and hidden secrets, fighting major bosses like the giant statue and Night Terror, and most of all the RPG war element of the game, Tales of Souls. Sophitia's son looks really cool and I hope Project Soul gives him an original way of fighting. I hope he isn't just a male clone of Sophitia.

I also hope in Soul Calibur V they go back to Tales of Souls or atleast how Soul Calibur III's story mode was like. I didn't like Soul Calibur IV's story mode because it just felt like an arcade mode. Two arcade modes in one game is kind of bad.

Last thing is if I remember correctly Sophitia had a daughter also. Is she also confirmed in the game? If so then that could be here in the trailer, and she just looks like her mother. Because 17 years after the events of Soul Calibur IV, I would think Sophitia would age a little.
Tales of Souls was one of best features in Soul Calibur 3 and the fact that you could train each unit that you either made or that game gave you was pretty good as well. My brother and I always made Ninjas since they had that 3 hit combo that was always easy to beat someone with. I always made mine with the KOS-MOS outfit on. The final boss in that was a bit annoying though since whenever he struck you or swung his giant sword, he regained a bit of health. As for Night Terror, he was just hard as hell in 3 and there was no way that simply knocking him out of the arena was the end of the fight since he always flew back up. The most annoying thing was that he was simply faster than you in every way, so you did more blocking and counter-attacking then anything else.

Fighting the giant statute in 3 was a bitch at first until you figured out his pattern. He always used that one unblockable attack on you which took out like 80% of your health and still had a chance to drop you into the water. Plus he can kill you if you stand there and let him fall on top of you.

I do hope they bring back Tales of Souls and make a great story line like how it was in 3 and just give it more options and such and make those reaction times more fluid. In 3, you had to do them right, but they became a chore to pull off successfully. For example, pull off a command like X and a directional key sometimes didn't work the first time, so they should work on those for sure.

I'm guessing that Sophitia's daughter will be in the game along with the sun, but from the looks of gameplay, the song looks promising, but I wonder if Cassandra will be in the game again since she was rather young in 4. I'm sure Talim, Kilik, Seung-Mina, and a slew of other people will be back in the game. Mitsurugi will probably be in his 40s in Soul Calibur V, but it'll still be a sight to see him fight again.

Lastly, those "special attacks" you can pull off look pretty good also.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. ~ Edmund Burke

Any man can handle adversity. If you truly want to test a man's character, give him power. ~ Abraham Lincoln

People are like dice. We throw ourselves into the direction of our own choosing.

Storm
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on July 12th 2011, 8:33 am

I think her daughter name was Asola or something that starts with an A. I remember somebody in 3 that fought like sophtia but she wore red.

O:

I hope nightmare gets some more badass combos. And hopefully they don't make bonus characters have copy + paste movesets which is very dissaopinting.

Back to top Go down

Post by XavierEvera on July 12th 2011, 7:31 pm

Yami no Naruko wrote:
I hope nightmare gets some more badass combos

he is already epic-badass, you know. he is extremly strong (in combo AND main strenght) and in souru kariba tsuri he gets very nice speed. noone is match for me when i play as nigthmare. for me his moveset can stay that as he had. it will be better if he will get more "normal" outfit than it was pressented in SC-IV, i preffer souru kariba tsu/souru kariba tsuri (but more tsu)

Blood, darkness, come unto me!
XavierEvera

Health Health : 30
Registration date : 2010-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Miatsu on July 12th 2011, 10:52 pm

Storm wrote:
Tales of Souls was one of best features in Soul Calibur 3 and the fact that you could train each unit that you either made or that game gave you was pretty good as well. My brother and I always made Ninjas since they had that 3 hit combo that was always easy to beat someone with. I always made mine with the KOS-MOS outfit on. The final boss in that was a bit annoying though since whenever he struck you or swung his giant sword, he regained a bit of health. As for Night Terror, he was just hard as hell in 3 and there was no way that simply knocking him out of the arena was the end of the fight since he always flew back up. The most annoying thing was that he was simply faster than you in every way, so you did more blocking and counter-attacking then anything else.

Fighting the giant statute in 3 was a bitch at first until you figured out his pattern. He always used that one unblockable attack on you which took out like 80% of your health and still had a chance to drop you into the water. Plus he can kill you if you stand there and let him fall on top of you.

I do hope they bring back Tales of Souls and make a great story line like how it was in 3 and just give it more options and such and make those reaction times more fluid. In 3, you had to do them right, but they became a chore to pull off successfully. For example, pull off a command like X and a directional key sometimes didn't work the first time, so they should work on those for sure.

I'm guessing that Sophitia's daughter will be in the game along with the sun, but from the looks of gameplay, the song looks promising, but I wonder if Cassandra will be in the game again since she was rather young in 4. I'm sure Talim, Kilik, Seung-Mina, and a slew of other people will be back in the game. Mitsurugi will probably be in his 40s in Soul Calibur V, but it'll still be a sight to see him fight again.

Lastly, those "special attacks" you can pull off look pretty good also.

Exactly, if Tales of the Souls is brought back I bet they will make more profit. It was basically like two games in one which I greatly enjoyed. Plus it was still strategic. Had to protect your strongholds or you will become over-ruled, send support to weaker units if needed, etc. See I like the new character customization in Soul Calibur IV which you can give your fighter certain type of armor and they will get certain skills, higher health, better defense, etc. So if they add the depth of the customization from Soul Calibur IV and add Tales of Souls then that would be really epic. Plus the ability to armor up your own allies will be excellent, and to prevent cheating you should be able to equip one type of armor or weapon or accessories to one fighter unless you have more than one.

Example being, Player one is wearing the Night Butterfly Gem, for Player 2 to wear one you must find another Night Butterfly Gem.

Night Terror was really hard but he was fun to fight and tested your overall skill in the game and how patient you are willing to be. Your correct, you had to counter attack and block a lot but in a way that kind of made the battle more epic because you could not just swing randomly and win, you had to plan what you was going to do, to have a chance against Night Terror since he was stronger, faster and more durable than normal fighters. Same with the giant statue, blocking helped but you had to read his movements to learn when to strafe.

I'm pretty sure Cassandra will be in the game considering she still plays a valuable role as the kids aunt in this game. There is three characters I would like to see in the game. One is the old man with the head of an owl that knew everyone fighting style in the game. My personal opinion he had an interesting background and he was just fun to use. Really enjoyed his owl head, it was great, Two is Luna from Tales of Souls I think she was a main antagonist ( who later turned into a protagonist ) and I enjoyed her presence in the game. Last one is the little boy the fighter Rock cared for. Since Sophitia's son is grown so should the little boy that you always hear about when playing as Rock. Since he is raised from Rock I would like to see if he can be a fun to use fighter and probably keep the rivalry going between his foster father and Astoroth.

I hope they take out the critical finishes, those never happend online, except for critical finishes they should make the opponents weapon weaker and the opponent gets stunned, leaving an opening for a special attack.

Yami no Naruko wrote: And hopefully they don't make bonus characters have copy + paste movesets which is very dissaopinting.

I fully agree with you Yami. Those were lame and so was the story behind some of them. They should really look at how they made SCIII and go with that, with SCIV graphics or better.

I really hope SCV has original fighting styles except copy/paste styles from previous made characters. Oh and sorry I wrote so much... I really love the Soul Calibur series.
Miatsu

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm on July 13th 2011, 6:52 am

Yami no Naruko wrote:I think her daughter name was Asola or something that starts with an A. I remember somebody in 3 that fought like sophtia but she wore red.

O:

I hope nightmare gets some more badass combos. And hopefully they don't make bonus characters have copy + paste movesets which is very dissaopinting.
According to the wiki on Sophitia, she has no daughter that starts with the letter A, but she does have a son and daughter named Patroklos and Pyrrha. Since there's no word of her dying prior to her part of the story Soul Calibur 4, she will either not be in 5th installment or has lived out the rest of her live in happiness. Cassandra, however, will be in Soul Calibur 5. My guess is that Sophitia's son will fight slightly similar to her, but will still be original in his attacks and fighting style.

As for Olcadan (the man who was cursed with the head of an owl) Miatsu, he would have been better if he had his own attacks and fought with hit his own weapon of choice. He and Necrid (from Soul Calibur 2) fought with other people's weapons, but I will say that both had good story lines in Story mode. Luna had a good story line too.

Tales of Souls they can very easily extend much further should they bring it back and put it on 5. It was a pretty successful side game to play when you wanted to stop playing Story mode and do a bit of command and conquer for a change.

As for the copy/paste fighting styles, that's a hit or miss. If they brought back Tales of Souls, they'd have to come up several different fighting styles that weren't similar to the cast of characters for 5 and I doubt they'll go through the trouble of doing that. If anything, the characters that had someone else's fighting style was a way to figure how to counter the attack and find weaknesses in them. The characters who had such styles as another character was rather easy to figure out since the commands were simple.

One style I did like was the one when you use Greaves (those feet guards) and the knock-back attack for them was good too.

Lastly, the only real complaints I had about Soul Calibur 4 was the fact that it was unbalanced and that I hated Siegfried's armor and Soul Calibur sword and that Nightmare looked stupid. His black armor from 3 will always be his best costume in my opinion. I wonder what became of Zasalamel (the guy with the scythe).

Storm
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Miatsu on July 13th 2011, 11:23 pm

Storm wrote:
According to the wiki on Sophitia, she has no daughter that starts with the letter A, but she does have a son and daughter named Patroklos and Pyrrha. Since there's no word of her dying prior to her part of the story Soul Calibur 4, she will either not be in 5th installment or has lived out the rest of her live in happiness. Cassandra, however, will be in Soul Calibur 5. My guess is that Sophitia's son will fight slightly similar to her, but will still be original in his attacks and fighting style.

As for Olcadan (the man who was cursed with the head of an owl) Miatsu, he would have been better if he had his own attacks and fought with hit his own weapon of choice. He and Necrid (from Soul Calibur 2) fought with other people's weapons, but I will say that both had good story lines in Story mode. Luna had a good story line too.

Tales of Souls they can very easily extend much further should they bring it back and put it on 5. It was a pretty successful side game to play when you wanted to stop playing Story mode and do a bit of command and conquer for a change.

As for the copy/paste fighting styles, that's a hit or miss. If they brought back Tales of Souls, they'd have to come up several different fighting styles that weren't similar to the cast of characters for 5 and I doubt they'll go through the trouble of doing that. If anything, the characters that had someone else's fighting style was a way to figure how to counter the attack and find weaknesses in them. The characters who had such styles as another character was rather easy to figure out since the commands were simple.

One style I did like was the one when you use Greaves (those feet guards) and the knock-back attack for them was good too.

Lastly, the only real complaints I had about Soul Calibur 4 was the fact that it was unbalanced and that I hated Siegfried's armor and Soul Calibur sword and that Nightmare looked stupid. His black armor from 3 will always be his best costume in my opinion. I wonder what became of Zasalamel (the guy with the scythe).

Actually except for Necrid, I thought Charade the eyeball demon was the one that copied the fighting style of other fighters from Soul Calibur II. I might be wrong since it has been a while.

By the way it is impossible for Sophitia's daughter to be in Soul Calibur III, because Phyrra is not that much older or younger than Patroklos. Since Tira's ending would make you think Phyrra is young in Soul Calibur III.

As for the custom fighting styles it can be pretty simple, they can use the previous one in Soul Calibur III but upgraded really. For example

• Ninja
  • Tambourine

Also I wouldn't mind seeing some new ones like

• Freestyle sword fighting ( About this one if you ever seen Samurai Champloo look at Mugens fighting style. It's pretty cool looking actually. That's not the actual name but I can't think of the name.)
  • Pair of Katars ( Google it )
  • Assassin ( Hidden blades in certain part of armor. )

If they use Tales of Souls, ways to improve it is, make it look a little more of a war at times. 5 fighters defeated an army of like 60-70 generals is... implausible. I know this game is completely fantasy but a little reality would be nice. I can believe 20 excellent fighters taking an army of 55 pretty mediocre soldiers and 5 great generals is more plausible. Also it may take a lot of memory so I would not know, but Tales of Souls online with 4 people would be great; highly enjoyable.

Zasalamel is kind of a confusing story... kind of. Seigfried use to be nightmare because of Soul edge. Seigfried gave up being the Azure Knight and then at one point, is said Soul Edge took over the empty armor and became Nightmare. But in other times, it said Zasalamel brought back Inferno into the armor. Inferno and Soul Edge are one of the same it comes to show. He did that because he hoped Seigfried would come back with Soul Calibur. Well it never showed he had any interest in Soul Calibur or Soul edge in Soul Calibur IV. In Soul Calibur IV He became a millionaire in New York City and that was it. So I don't know what else they can do for him in the story up to this point. Plus i don't know why but why is his left eye I think it was; why is it still Abyss influenced. Abyss died but he still seems to have that demon in him. Never understood that.

Even though boss characters don't return I really hope Algol comes back. He was my best fighter because he was one of the best characters to juggle with, next to Cervantes. Plus Algol was a popular character in official popularity polls.

Lastly, they should add the main character from Assassins Creed as a special fighter. Since Project Soul does one for every installment.

Miatsu

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm on July 14th 2011, 1:37 am

Miatsu wrote:
Storm wrote:

Actually except for Necrid, I thought Charade the eyeball demon was the one that copied the fighting style of other fighters from Soul Calibur II. I might be wrong since it has been a while.

By the way it is impossible for Sophitia's daughter to be in Soul Calibur III, because Phyrra is not that much older or younger than Patroklos. Since Tira's ending would make you think Phyrra is young in Soul Calibur III.

As for the custom fighting styles it can be pretty simple, they can use the previous one in Soul Calibur III but upgraded really. For example

• Ninja
  • Tambourine

Also I wouldn't mind seeing some new ones like

• Freestyle sword fighting ( About this one if you ever seen Samurai Champloo look at Mugens fighting style. It's pretty cool looking actually. That's not the actual name but I can't think of the name.)
  • Pair of Katars ( Google it )
  • Assassin ( Hidden blades in certain part of armor. )

If they use Tales of Souls, ways to improve it is, make it look a little more of a war at times. 5 fighters defeated an army of like 60-70 generals is... implausible. I know this game is completely fantasy but a little reality would be nice. I can believe 20 excellent fighters taking an army of 55 pretty mediocre soldiers and 5 great generals is more plausible. Also it may take a lot of memory so I would not know, but Tales of Souls online with 4 people would be great; highly enjoyable.

Zasalamel is kind of a confusing story... kind of. Seigfried use to be nightmare because of Soul edge. Seigfried gave up being the Azure Knight and then at one point, is said Soul Edge took over the empty armor and became Nightmare. But in other times, it said Zasalamel brought back Inferno into the armor. Inferno and Soul Edge are one of the same it comes to show. He did that because he hoped Seigfried would come back with Soul Calibur. Well it never showed he had any interest in Soul Calibur or Soul edge in Soul Calibur IV. In Soul Calibur IV He became a millionaire in New York City and that was it. So I don't know what else they can do for him in the story up to this point. Plus i don't know why but why is his left eye I think it was; why is it still Abyss influenced. Abyss died but he still seems to have that demon in him. Never understood that.

Even though boss characters don't return I really hope Algol comes back. He was my best fighter because he was one of the best characters to juggle with, next to Cervantes. Plus Algol was a popular character in official popularity polls.

Lastly, they should add the main character from Assassins Creed as a special fighter. Since Project Soul does one for every installment.

You're right. Charade does use another person's fighting style whenever you either start to play with him or when you beat him in a round or he does to you. Necrid didn't really use a similar person's fighting style, but maybe it was me who seemed like some of his attacks used another person's weapon. I was expecting him like Olcadan to have their own weapons and fighting style, especially Olcadan.

About the fighting styles you mentioned, Project Soul could very easily add those in since they sound rather appealing to do. The only real question is WOULD they actually do it or would they just re-hash the old ones and just add new custom characters to fit whatever style they were given.

With Tales of Souls, you're right. It did seem a bit impossible with just 5 of your people against 60 generals or so, but then again, you could always make your own fighters to compensate for those odds or just use the ones the game gave you. I always made my own since it was easier to get into and since I hate pre-promotes, just like in Fire Emblem. I couldn't really see Tales of Souls have an online feature. It could maybe have one other person of your choice and make it with co-op play for both online and offline, but not 4 people all online.

Zasalamel's story was a tad confusing, but it did seem he had interest in both swords since he needed both to transform into Abyss if I'm not mistaken. As for the eye, I can't say much about that other than I think that Abyss is still dormant withing him, waiting to come out at the right time. Either that or it's completely gone and the eye is a reminder of what he had become due to his former lust for power.

Nightmare's role was for him to convince Siegfried that the armor is what he wanted the entire time and that power was all that matter, but since that didn't pan out, Nightmare's only purpose now is to defeat Siegfried by any means and for him to join with the armor again along with wielding Soul Edge again. That's probably why Siegfried in Soul Calibur 3's opening movie has him still feeling the effects from parting with Nightmare.

As for Algol, I never fought him in the 4th game, but he did look like a interesting boss, but so was Night Terror in 3. I'm not so sure about Project Soul would bring back an old boss, but they did, either choice would be great in my opinion.

And make Ezio Auditore from the Assassins Creed series an exclusive character for Soul Calibur 5? Not a bad idea.

Storm
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Miatsu on July 14th 2011, 4:29 am

Yeah because looking at the time line from both series they are almost around the same generation and I think it will attract a lot more players to the Soul Calibur series if they put Ezio in the game.

If they make Algol just a normal character it would be great. Especially since he was not evil, he had his own goals just like every one else did. He even saved Sophitia from being consumed by Soul Edge.

2 players for Tales of Souls is reasonable, I just loved Phantasy Star Portable which you can play with four players and the idea stuck with me. Also I did to make my own unit sometimes, main reason why I prefered to use the pre-made fighters was because they were already high levels then what I could have made.

It's funny how the amercan version of Soul Calibur III called it Chronicles of the Sword but the one that I have, Japanese version, it is called Tales of Souls. Wonder why America just didn't keep the name.

Anyway as long as it can be Co-op then I would enjoy it. Also it kind of makes me wonder who the new powerful boss will be for Soul Caibur V.
Miatsu

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm on July 14th 2011, 8:47 pm

Miatsu wrote:Yeah because looking at the time line from both series they are almost around the same generation and I think it will attract a lot more players to the Soul Calibur series if they put Ezio in the game.

If they make Algol just a normal character it would be great. Especially since he was not evil, he had his own goals just like every one else did. He even saved Sophitia from being consumed by Soul Edge.

2 players for Tales of Souls is reasonable, I just loved Phantasy Star Portable which you can play with four players and the idea stuck with me. Also I did to make my own unit sometimes, main reason why I prefered to use the pre-made fighters was because they were already high levels then what I could have made.

It's funny how the amercan version of Soul Calibur III called it Chronicles of the Sword but the one that I have, Japanese version, it is called Tales of Souls. Wonder why America just didn't keep the name.

Anyway as long as it can be Co-op then I would enjoy it. Also it kind of makes me wonder who the new powerful boss will be for Soul Caibur V.
Yeah. Ezio would make a nice appearance into the series, but Namco and Project Soul will have to get permission from the company who made the Assassin Creed games to let them add him into the game as an exclusive character. I never been the type to understand how that whole process works, but from the sound of it, it sounds tedious just for one character. Since he's popular and all, I can see why.

Algol as a regular character? Hmm. Sounds Possible, but given he saved someone from the game, it would be cool to see him fight as a playable character. I'm sure the final boss for 5 will probably someone who, like the others, are after both swords since that's what Soul Calibur is all about. I just wonder what his or her background will be about before they became interested in the swords.

I did like that general that you got in Tales of Souls and a few other people. What made Tales of Souls interesting for me was two things. One was that that you could chose whether or not to fight an enemy or a group of enemies in a battle or just to simply attack them on the field and take them out on your own. The second one was that you can choose the kind of people you want like a Swordsman or an Archer if I'm not mistaken. I always fought a person in a battle since it was test of your skills and got you more familiar with each character's attacks.

About the name change, it is odd that they do that, but so long as it was just a name change to the story and not an entire different game between the two like the Japanese one being more extended than the American one then I'm cool with it.

Co-op for Tales of Souls would be nice to do, especially if you play against a friend often in Vs. Mode.

Storm
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Miatsu on July 14th 2011, 10:57 pm

So it is confirmed, the girl you see in the gameplay is Pyrrha. So here is the main question. You have four characters with the sword and shield discipline. Some rumors are Cassandra and Sophitia are removed from the game. But those two are more involved in the storyline than I thought at first.

Do you think it is a reasonable move to remove those two for the newer generation of the sword and shield wielders?

Plus regarding the process in adding Ezio in the new game, I guess it all depends on which game comes out first. I'm pretty sure the developers of Assassins Creed would not have a problem with it because they know the Soul Calibur series is a popular one, and adding Ezio to it would just pay homage to the upcoming Assassins Creed Revelations. Only if Soul Calibur is released, it would be more effective.
Miatsu

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix on July 15th 2011, 12:12 am

What's so exciting..? It's the same exact game... They aren't even adding a lot of characters.. just a new good guy and a new boss at the end..
Phoenix
Akatsuki Trainee
Akatsuki Trainee

Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm on July 15th 2011, 2:24 am

@Miatsu

Not really. Maybe Sophitia since according to the story since married the man who made her weapons after Cassandra took her old ones. Cassandra should be in her 30s or so, so she should be back in the 5th game.

I wouldn't say it's really right, but Sophitia's reason for staying out is pretty good. Having her son and daughter and sister to take over her mission in the 5th game sounds plausible in my opinion since she wants live her life out freely and all.

@Justin

Just like how you and several others are excited for another Naruto or Dragon Ball Z game, Miatsu and I are Soul Calibur fans. We enjoy the series and are looking forward to the 5th installment to hit.

Storm
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix on July 15th 2011, 5:21 am

Mkay. Good enough reason. Do they still have that character creation mode?
Phoenix
Akatsuki Trainee
Akatsuki Trainee

Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm on July 15th 2011, 8:29 am

Justin Bieber wrote:Mkay. Good enough reason. Do they still have that character creation mode?
Yup, they still have character creation.

Storm
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VizardFerrer on July 15th 2011, 9:18 pm

Might buy it.

I main Raphael.
VizardFerrer

Health Health : 2
Registration date : 2011-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Miatsu on July 16th 2011, 12:03 am

I must admit their character creation has a lot of depth and with the whole special effects in the armor and clothes, it really just add more reason to add Tales of souls again. I actually can not wait to see what they do with the character creation this time.

True she do want to live a peaceful life so I guess it would be plausible to remove her. Also at the end of her story it did say, her name was not made into history but she still lived a peaceful life. I guess that is why not adding Algol would be a good choice then. Because in Talim's ending he found peace with his son and disappeared. In this case they should leave out Rock and add in his son Bangoo.

Bangoo is able to be made in Soul Calibur IV's character creation mode though. But making him an official character would be great seeing as Rock is really old and adding a new character in Rocks place can actually expand the story some more.

Raphael is my second to choose fighter next to Kilik. It all depends on what situation I am in and who I am fighting. Cervantes is always my first choice when it comes to fighting.

But in all honestly the Soul series is a great one, but I think they should end it here. The story has been great ever since Soul Edge. So I do not want them to make the story confusing and not knowing where it is going just like Tekken. How do you guys feel about it? Do you think this should be the final Soul Calibur game?

Miatsu

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm on July 16th 2011, 1:49 am

Miatsu wrote:I must admit their character creation has a lot of depth and with the whole special effects in the armor and clothes, it really just add more reason to add Tales of souls again. I actually can not wait to see what they do with the character creation this time.

True she do want to live a peaceful life so I guess it would be plausible to remove her. Also at the end of her story it did say, her name was not made into history but she still lived a peaceful life. I guess that is why not adding Algol would be a good choice then. Because in Talim's ending he found peace with his son and disappeared. In this case they should leave out Rock and add in his son Bangoo.

Bangoo is able to be made in Soul Calibur IV's character creation mode though. But making him an official character would be great seeing as Rock is really old and adding a new character in Rocks place can actually expand the story some more.

Raphael is my second to choose fighter next to Kilik. It all depends on what situation I am in and who I am fighting. Cervantes is always my first choice when it comes to fighting.

But in all honestly the Soul series is a great one, but I think they should end it here. The story has been great ever since Soul Edge. So I do not want them to make the story confusing and not knowing where it is going just like Tekken. How do you guys feel about it? Do you think this should be the final Soul Calibur game?

The 5th game should be the end of it, just like how Tekken 6 is or should be the last game as well. One of the guys from Project Soul was talking about how they should make 4 more Soul Calibur games after this. In all honesty, keeping it to just 5 games is more than enough. Any more than 5 will just make the story confusing for newcomers and veterans alike. I can't say the same for Tekken since they'll soon release a Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and make use of the Tag System in a better way other than to just switch between your partner. I can't say that it's a cash cow, but it is starting to go into that direction for Tekken.

As for the character I'm best with is Talim then Lizardman. Ivy I'm sure I can improve on using once I figure out her attacks as well as Seung-Mina's. Kilik is my brother's favorite character on Soul Calibur 3 as well as 2.

Storm
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Miatsu on July 16th 2011, 2:46 am

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 looks to be real good. I don't understand why they made Kazuya Mishima have the ability to transform into his devil form; except making the form have a slot of its own. But after Tekken 6's ending I can only imagine what Tekken 7 is going to be like.

I hope Tekken 7 is the last. I really don't want Tekken or Soul Calibur to turn into something like Final Fantasy. Final Fantasy is truly a game that you had to follow since the early ones to understand everything that is going on. But I truly believe this will officially be the last Soul Calibur game. Soul Calibur IV was obviously suppose to be the last game. But after that petition, and so many people demanding the 5th installment they went through with it. Hopefully there will not be a petition for a 6th installment and they let the series rest.

Not saying they can't make spin-offs though. Having a Tales of Souls mode in it's own disc would be a major buy for me considering it will have more space to do extra stuff.

But I wonder if they should put Kilik or Xiangua in the game since in Soul Calibur IV, he disappeared alone and of course in Xiangua's ending she disappeared with him. But since this is a new game and possibly the last, the final boss should be a stronger Night Terror, a final form of Cervantes since he is the original user of Soul Edge, making him finally possessing it again would make for a good final battle, or a new boss that uses Soul Edge and Soul Calibur. Not like how Algol had it. More of the lines as a normal sword but they are both combined to make one sword.

Like this:

Or

Miatsu

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm on July 16th 2011, 6:31 am

I never played Tekken 6, but the 7th game should be the last one since you can only extend a series for so long before it becomes monotonous. Soul Calibur 5 should be the last one for sure. And wow, a petition is what prompted Project Soul to work on Soul Calibur 5. That's news to me.

If they made Tales of Souls for Soul Calibur 5, having it on it's own disc and just extending the story for it with a more interesting twist would be nice to see. If that, they should make it on a bonus disc when you buy Soul Calibur 5.

I think the sword the final boss uses should have slight similarities of Soul Calibur and Soul Edge while still being unique and original.

Storm
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Miatsu on July 16th 2011, 10:14 pm

Yeah as long as he does not have a sword that is more powerful than the both of them and we just never heard about it. I hate when stuff like that happens.

But yeah Project Soul said that Soul Calibur IV was suppose to be the last one. But so many people signed the petition on twitter and Facebook and etc. and after Project Soul saw how many people signed it, they really had no choice. Or they may have lost some consumers.

I forget how many people signed it, but it was truly a lot of fans.
Miatsu

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm on July 16th 2011, 11:06 pm

Miatsu wrote:Yeah as long as he does not have a sword that is more powerful than the both of them and we just never heard about it. I hate when stuff like that happens.

But yeah Project Soul said that Soul Calibur IV was suppose to be the last one. But so many people signed the petition on twitter and Facebook and etc. and after Project Soul saw how many people signed it, they really had no choice. Or they may have lost some consumers.

I forget how many people signed it, but it was truly a lot of fans.
Losing consumers would have been the least of the their problems. They very easily could have gone against the petition and never worked on the 5th game or the petition could have never been made at all and they would have surprised fans at an E3 convention about news on the 5th game to keep them interested. Regardless, this will be the last game, so let's hope Project Soul pulls out all the stops on this one.

Storm
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Miatsu on July 18th 2011, 10:32 pm

Hopefully, so when Project Soul ends this game, what else are they known for making or contributing to?
Miatsu

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm on July 19th 2011, 4:45 am

Miatsu wrote:Hopefully, so when Project Soul ends this game, what else are they known for making or contributing to?
Besides making all of the Soul Calibur games, two spin-off titles, and Soul Edge (the first game introduced to the series), that's really it.

Storm
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top