E3 2011 - Your thoughts

View previous topic View next topic Go down

E3 2011 - Your thoughts

Post by VizardFerrer on June 7th 2011, 10:23 pm

Nintendo won, Microsoft sucked hard, Sony were pretty good, easy 2nd place.

Discuss your thoughts on E3.
VizardFerrer

Health Health : 2
Registration date : 2011-03-31

Back to top Go down

Re: E3 2011 - Your thoughts

Post by Salamander_Natsu on June 7th 2011, 10:49 pm

I liked more Sony then Nintendo.
Salamander_Natsu

Health Health : 3
Registration date : 2010-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on June 8th 2011, 12:14 am

All of them were a dissapointment. More than half of the games were complete shit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix on June 8th 2011, 6:29 am

Nintendo's new "WiiU" is the same system just with a new controller. They didn't even have the balls to announce a price because it's going to be that of a full system when really it's not.

Sony easily won, their PSVita and PS3 line up combination involving Uncharted 3 game play completely wrecked Xbox's Kinect and Nintendo's claim that WiiU will math the Ps3's graphics. Even when Nintendo used top cgi Legend of Zelda scenes, the graphics hardly even matched PS3's, not even going to mention what they look like in actual game play.

I was watching Nintendo's conference and was consistently bored, wanting to see the new system and then when they did present the thing.. It was a controller. They didn't even discuss the specs behind the system itself.

They could have had something really cool if the controller could be a portable system but Nintendo is way too profit oriented to give up on their equally crappy 3DS nest egg.

The best thing of all is that Sony didn't even pull out all the stocks, they still have tons of heavy hitters at the tokyo game show including two final fantasies (XIII 2 and XIII Versus) and game play involving the new God of War.

Xbox and Nintendo came with their best and were out done. It was Nintendo's job to sell the WiiU and I feel no desire what so ever to own the thing. As for the 3DS I despise the system just as much, the 3D is less than mediocre and the games themselves are just as bland even with the Zelda remakes.

Xbox really shouldn't have focused so much on Kinect, that's why they come in last place even with the announcement of a new Halo trilogy.
Phoenix
Akatsuki Trainee
Akatsuki Trainee

Health Health : 30
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm on June 9th 2011, 2:50 am

I didn't watch anything about E3, so I can't really give an opinion about it.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. ~ Edmund Burke

Any man can handle adversity. If you truly want to test a man's character, give him power. ~ Abraham Lincoln

People are like dice. We throw ourselves into the direction of our own choosing.

The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.
Storm
Admin

Health Health : 165
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on June 9th 2011, 3:50 am

I reccommend that you don't even try watching it.

Shitty games + E3 = Complete Dissappointment.

Except Sonic Gen.... old school Sonic pwns.

Back to top Go down

Post by waddups on June 9th 2011, 9:14 am

Yami no Naruko you are too pessimistic about every game. sure there are some ass games that shouldn't be there but with cool games like battlefield 3, Uncharted 3, and many others, it's worth it. Plus there's some announcement debut trailers that people anticipate,(halo 4 anyone?)
waddups

Health Health : 51
Registration date : 2008-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on June 9th 2011, 11:29 am

I just don't like the fact that they were making a big deal about most of the shit that won't even last a month.

Kinect = Not even worth the shit I stepped in. It makes me wonder why they are giving out free 360's with a purchase of a pc.

Wii u or whatever the f*ck its called = ........

Meh.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stunkata8 on June 9th 2011, 5:13 pm

Somehow I am also bord from this E3. I dont know If its me that is not interested or simply it has nothing to empress! More of the games I already new were coming out and I have watched trailers and gameplay for! But of course the AC:Revelations and ME3 videos were really awesome for me to watch! EA's new Fifa looks amazing and that new online system I really like the thought they have put on those!
I'm really looking forward to BF3 now than to MW3 and you gotta agree. That games looks amazing and not just graphics but gameplay and atmosphere. Sure they showed just a tank gameplay, but the game can be a panzer one just for that. The MP trailer looked awesome I'm looking forward to the beta.
MW3 didnt impress me much, because it was like i'm watching the expansion of MW2 like nothing new other than the 2 scope attachments...
New Lara looks good, but dont think she can be compared to Uncharted 3

I really liked the ending of M$'s conference even if i'm not a big Halo fan at all (i know that the games till now were developed by Bungie and now its a new studio).
Kinect, kinect, kinect... Kids stuff for Kinect. The GRAW thing was kinda nice, but... thats now Kinect Hardcore for the fans and the ME3 thing is also superb, but comeone they can do it for a microphone.

PSP VITA (I find out vita means "life", but still whats with the name) is a really amazing piece of hardware and some great stuff can come to that I would even get one for myself, but... I dunno... I hope it doesnt have the same fate as PSP.
They have really amazing set of exclusives for every GAMER (unlike M$), but why were they showing inFamous 2 when its already out (just a thought)?

Nintendo... I'm not a big nintendo boy, neither a Zelda one, I just like Mario! Their new console doesnt impress me, BUT indeed they can have lots of cool ideas with the "2 screens thing" and the thing CAN put up some graphics dont know about comperison to PS3, but those "tech demos" were looking great! If they really get stuff like Batman and Darksiders on it... maybe nintendo is really going towards hardcore fans as well as casuals!

And like I said I really havent been impressed a lot here just the gameplay videos for the games I'm expecting are that are my favorites that cought my atention...
Stunkata8
Asmodeus (Luxuria)
Asmodeus (Luxuria)

Health Health : 65
Registration date : 2009-09-10

http://stun-world.hit.bg/

Back to top Go down

Post by VizardFerrer on June 9th 2011, 8:36 pm

WiiU is a completely new console, didn't you even see the graphics test? It looked miles better than the Wii, herpa derp.

After watching the full Sony conference and finding out that Nintendo used footage from the PS3 and 360 versions of upcoming games, I preferred Sony's conference out of the 3.

MS still sucked, Kinect this, Kinect that, Ghost Recon and Gears were the only good parts of their conference.

Uncharted 3, BF 3, AC: Revelations, Bioshock Infinite, Far Cry 3, Starhawk, Skyrim, Saints Row: The Third, Batman Arkham City, Ghost Recon and a few other games look amazing.

^ Yami, you think they're shitty games yet you think MW3 is good?

Are you high?

Too bad MGS: Rising wasn't shown at all, hopefully it will be at TGS.
VizardFerrer

Back to top Go down

Post by Stunkata8 on June 9th 2011, 9:36 pm

Indeed what happend with Rising, I was really diging it from the last E3 it looked really nice cutting as you wish, yet it was missing this year and its not released...
And yes those videos from the 3rd parties in Nintendo pressconf. were just foorage from the trailers for 360,ps3,pc! But there were those 2 demos the one with the bird flying over a lake and a three blooming and the zelda one that are in HD for the new console. And those look great!
Stunkata8
Asmodeus (Luxuria)
Asmodeus (Luxuria)

Health Health : 65
Registration date : 2009-09-10

http://stun-world.hit.bg/

Back to top Go down

Post by VizardFerrer on June 10th 2011, 1:11 am

in the Konami Pre-E3 Press Conference, Kojima stated that Rising would not be at E3 2011, but that the game was on track for a 2012 release, as originally planned.

And yes, the bird flying over the water and flowers blooming looked great.
VizardFerrer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top