Your opinion on each system.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Your opinion on each system.

Post by Storm on April 28th 2011, 2:35 am

I'll keep this short and sweet. Give your opinions on which system (between PS3 and Xbox 360) is better to and why is it better. Don't give half-ass answers either, i.e. Better graphics or Better games. Be detailed and give good reasons behind either.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. ~ Edmund Burke

Any man can handle adversity. If you truly want to test a man's character, give him power. ~ Abraham Lincoln

People are like dice. We throw ourselves into the direction of our own choosing.

The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.
Storm
Admin

Health Health : 165
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Your opinion on each system.

Post by sll1cool1m on April 28th 2011, 3:37 am

Playstation Network has free but limited online services, which is enough to play games on multiplayer mode. You can update it to Premium Usership and you'll be able to play BETA's earlier or you will get arcade games for free and things like that, but it's not that important.

Xbox Live on the other hand is not free.

PS3 has more features, e.g. 3D, Internet Browser and Blu Ray.

Xbox has a risk of getting a RROD ( Red Rings of Death ) for those who don't know: The Power Button shines in a red light which means = Your Xbox is dead.

PS3 has much much better exclusive games like Final Fantasy, Uncharted, God of War and such.

If you're a motion control fag ( no ofence ) Xbox has Kinect. But believe me it's not that good how it was presented the whole last year.

And it's a fact, PS3 has better graphics.

Let's put it this way : Playstation 3 owns, Xbox 360 sucks.
sll1cool1m

Health Health : 25
Registration date : 2009-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix on April 28th 2011, 4:11 am

I've thought about this a lot.. and through all of that I've narrowed it down to a simple decision process that you need to go through.

You need to think of this:
Hardware v. Sofware.

There is no way to sugar coat in, I own both systems and by far Xbox360 has the better sofware. All of it's programs work together seamlessly from party chatting in whatever game you are in to watching netflix with a group of people. You do have to pay for the Gold membership but this is mainly for the quality. The draw back? 360 will never reach the full potential in games that Ps3 came because of the Bluray storage.

Now for Ps3, the hardware is amazing. Bluray is just one of the components that makes Ps3 better on paper than the 360. But the software which is basically the cushioning that brings all of this together is... bad. Multitasking on the Ps3 is non existent. It's very much a solo game console.

Factors:
Hardware v. Sofware
Solo v. Co-Op
Low quality free software v High quality paid sofware

It is entirely based on your preference.

There is no way to say that one console is better than the other.
I'm not going to get into Ps3's 3D because most people don't own a fkin 3D TV.

Ps3 Move = HD Wii
Kinect = A rough but quickly blossoming form of entertainment.
I can't stress how much you don't want to base your decision on Move and Kinect though. When it comes down to it, you're playing the games the console was made for. These are just add ons.

Now for games:
Xbox doesn't get any good exclusives now a days.. because they either pay the other company huge amounts of money to make it a exclusive which brings down the creative process OR because when people want to make a precision game, they use the best hardware to back it. This is why Ps3 is getting all of the exclusives.

Exclusives are few however, in my mind you're really only missing out on Final Fantasy XIII Versus.. if you like FF.

Ps3 tends to lean toward RPG style games with lush graphics and a solid story + gameplay combination.

Xbox360 tends to lean towards FPS style game with fast paced action to support the wonderful online network they have.

Conclusion:
There is no way to decide for another person which console is better.. at all. It is completely up to them, and in this case Storm, up to you. Make your decision carefully, as now a days you can get both consoles at the relatively same price. Good luck.

If you do want my personal opinion, I do own both systems but since I'm more of a solo gamer I tend to buy my games for Ps3 but I still turn on my Xbox360 every time a friend calls for a round of Halo.
Phoenix
Akatsuki Trainee
Akatsuki Trainee

Health Health : 30
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm on April 28th 2011, 7:35 am

I had thought about going for a PS3 at first, but then my brother narrowed it down between the two like this:

For a well-rounded selection, go for a PS3.
For FPS, go for a 360.

I hadn't made a choice yet but have been leaning towards the PS3 since I did enjoy playing Zone of the Enders from the PS2 and some other nice selections as well like the Ratchet and Clank series. About going online, I'd probably not do it as much as most people do. I'd go on every now and then like I do for my DS Lite when I'm playing Advance Wars: Days of Ruin.

The thing about me getting a 360 is that I only know one person with one, so me going online with him would pretty much defeat the purpose of it unless I knew a lot of people with one as well. To top it off, I don't think I can see myself paying 50 something dollars for a membership for a year with a 360 even though that's certainly much better than what Nintendo tried to do with the Gamecube back then and theirs was a monthly membership and only 2 games could go online.

Nonetheless, thank you both for your opinions about the systems. Hopefully more people will notice this topic and voice their opinion as well.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. ~ Edmund Burke

Any man can handle adversity. If you truly want to test a man's character, give him power. ~ Abraham Lincoln

People are like dice. We throw ourselves into the direction of our own choosing.

Storm
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eredale on April 28th 2011, 7:56 am

Go for PS3, they hacked it just recently

75.000.000 full account data cards exposed, along with the personal info

Cracked games for PS3, incomiii-ing~!!
Eredale

Health Health : 156
Registration date : 2009-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by sll1cool1m on April 28th 2011, 2:47 pm

well yeah sony is pretty much fucked right now but that shoudn't keep you from buying a PS3.
I don't care as long as I get a compensation Very Happy
sll1cool1m

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm on April 29th 2011, 6:24 am

They'll fix it soon enough, so that poses no real concern to me.

Storm
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sll1cool1m on April 29th 2011, 12:47 pm

and i really don't know what benefit the hackers would get from my fake information on my 53422 PSN accounts.
It's not like I would write down my credit cards number and code or shit like that.
sll1cool1m

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix on April 29th 2011, 1:12 pm

@sll1cool1m wrote:and i really don't know what benefit the hackers would get from my fake information on my 53422 PSN accounts.
It's not like I would write down my credit cards number and code or shit like that.
Actually what they do is they get your phone number and sell it to privatized ad companies.
Phoenix
Akatsuki Trainee
Akatsuki Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by sll1cool1m on April 29th 2011, 4:42 pm

I'm pretty sure i didn't give them my phone number.
As I said everything fake.

I guess everyone who tried to get online will get a free PSN game or something like that
sll1cool1m

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm on April 29th 2011, 11:24 pm

Hmm. Sounds like this whole debacle is mainly over the PSN.

Storm
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix on April 30th 2011, 12:29 am

New information, it has been reported that the hackers stole around 2.2 million credit card numbers and are selling them to bidders.

Anyways, it kind of does matter. The fact is that without paying, your service is also less safe as well. Now they are rebuilding the entire network but that can't hold off people forever.
Phoenix
Akatsuki Trainee
Akatsuki Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm on April 30th 2011, 12:37 am

Yeah. It'll take awhile to do so, but if that many people have been exposed, then it certainly sounds like rebuilding the network will take some doing, but I bet Sony is feeling the crunch of this.

Storm
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sll1cool1m on April 30th 2011, 2:40 pm

Pretty big thing huh ?
When I first saw it, I thought it would be fixed in a few hours but looks like it's a little bit more serious.
sll1cool1m

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix on April 30th 2011, 6:04 pm

Rumors are spreading that PSN will be up this Tuesday. Sony is also discussing gifts for all the people that have been effected by this. Which is everybody lol.
Phoenix
Akatsuki Trainee
Akatsuki Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm on April 30th 2011, 9:50 pm

Justin Bieber wrote:Rumors are spreading that PSN will be up this Tuesday. Sony is also discussing gifts for all the people that have been effected by this. Which is everybody lol.
The only gift they would actually give are gift cards to a Gamestop or something in their area. They're not going to give them anything extravagant.

Storm
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix on April 30th 2011, 9:54 pm

@Storm wrote:
Justin Bieber wrote:Rumors are spreading that PSN will be up this Tuesday. Sony is also discussing gifts for all the people that have been effected by this. Which is everybody lol.
The only gift they would actually give are gift cards to a Gamestop or something in their area. They're not going to give them anything extravagant.
No.. Gifts as in free money to your PSN wallet. It's like Xbox game points but actual money. Why would they give a giftcard to Gamestop when they could just do that..?
Phoenix
Akatsuki Trainee
Akatsuki Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm on May 1st 2011, 6:10 am

Justin Bieber wrote:
@Storm wrote:
No.. Gifts as in free money to your PSN wallet. It's like Xbox game points but actual money. Why would they give a giftcard to Gamestop when they could just do that..?
That was the first thing that came to mind as I know little about the PSN anyway much less what the game points can be used on.

Storm
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VizardFerrer on May 2nd 2011, 4:08 am

They're giving everybody 30 days free on PSN+ and some free downloads on the store that your previously had to pay for, it'll probably be Flower (Great game) or something like that.

As for the debate, the PS3 wins this one.

In terms of storage it's DVD vs. Bluray, and BluRay is the obvious winner, it's a faster and better form of storage. The only problem is that devs are idiots sometimes and think that because they have the luxury of BluRay they decide not to compress the files meaning that the disc reading ends up taking longer than it should.

The PS3 also has stronger hardware that allows for graphically better (And bigger) games games, yet the developers have still not realised the PS3's hardware to it's full potential.

Fun fact: The poly limit for each 3D mesh on a 360 is around 7,000 polygons, while on the PS3 the poly limit for each mesh is 17,000 polygons. I'm not talking about the amount of polys on screen at a time (Because that can reach a large number), but how many polygons is in each mesh of a model (Like the arms, the legs, the body, the head, etc.), so when the character (Or whatever) is put together, it can reach a higher number than 17k.

PSN vs. Xbox Live: Well, first things first, PSN is free, XBL is not, that makes a HUGE difference because 40 (And however much it costs in other countries) is a stupid amount of money just to be able to play online, on the plus side, XBL is a better experience overall (Cross game chat, party chat, better servers, etc.) when compared to PSN, but that doesn't make up for the fact that you have to pay for it. Oh, and XBL is more secure, as proven by the recent hacking attacks.

The GUI on each console isn't really that different, they both do their job.

If you compare the features of each console then they're pretty much even, however, the PS3 takes this one with Home and the internet browser.

Technical difficulties: Oh boy does the PS3 rape in this area. This is probably the only time where the PS3 wins by a long-shot. The Xbox has a terribly bad failure rate, RROD, disc drive problems, E74, I could go on, whereas the PS3 only has the YLOD, and that rarely happens anymore, and the only time it did happen was in older consoles if you didn't take care of your PS3, left it in enclosed spaces, didn't clean the vents, etc. So yeah, easy win for the PS3 here.

Well, I think the only thing left to cover is the games, right? Well, Xbox had a 1 year head-start and is easier to develop on, it also has MORE developers than the PS3, hence why it had so many more games than the PS3 did at the start of this gen. However, quality > quantity, and I believe that the quality of PS3 exclusives is much higher than that of the Xbox, it has a wider variety of games, and overall better games than the 360, not to mention PS2 games (On older models) and the PS1 classics on the PSN Store. Games on the Xbox are nothing new or unique, there's a lot of First Person Shooters and online oriented games whereas the PS3 has a mix of genres being developed for the system, and it also has more exclusive games this year than the Xbox. On the topic of multi-plats however, the Xbox versions of the games are usually better than the PS3 versions, this is because the developers find it easier to develop on the 360, so they make the game and then just port that version to the PS3, cutting out the work they would have had to do to make it look just as good on the PS3, however, PS3 exclusives look better than 360 exclusives, this is because of 1. The poly limit I mentioned earlier, 2. Because the developers are comfortable with developing for the PS3 which allows them to get the most out of the system, 3. Sony is able to pump time, money, and even offer up programmers to the developers so that they can get the most out of the PS3.

All in all, the PS3 is a better system, but it's your opinion that matters most.

VizardFerrer

Health Health : 2
Registration date : 2011-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm on May 3rd 2011, 2:18 am

Hmm. Guess I'll be getting a PS3 after all. I didn't mind a 360, but I hardly know anyone that actually has one, so if I'm only going online because one other person besides myself asked me to, then it's wasted money for a membership with them.

Storm
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on May 3rd 2011, 2:45 am

Even though I have almost all the systems out there... Rolling Eyes

I'd reccomend the PS3.....Since there are pretty good exclusive games on there...

Back to top Go down

Post by Riki X on May 3rd 2011, 5:27 am

I dont own either system (I have a Wii) so consider this an unbiased opinion of sorts. From what Ive heard from my friends and from the Internet, the PS3 is supposed to have better graphics? blu-ray, free online, and some other stuff that I cant bother remembering, while from what Ive heard XBOX Live is better than PSN (even when PSN isnt hacked). As for the exclusives, I havent heard of most of them, but I prefer the PS3 ones better (Killzone, LittleBigPlanet, Uncharted, Infamous are the only ones I can name off the top of my head) than the XBOX ones, I never really was a big fan of Halo and other sci-fi fps games. However, I think that the XBOX has more hardcore gamers, now this may seem like a very bias statement and it probably isnt true either, but I went on the Major League Gaming website (Ive got an account there and Im on one of the Call of Duty Wii teams (hehe)) and I went on the PS3 and XBOX Call of Duty Black Ops Team Ladders, and the XBOX ladder was not only more active, but the top teams on the XBOX ladder had actual sponsers, while I couldnt find anything PS3 team that had anything like that, but maybe I wasnt searching hard enough and maybe thats just for Call of Duty, but whatever.
Riki X

Health Health : 66
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix on May 3rd 2011, 1:14 pm

No.. you're opinion is worse than some one who owns just one of the systems.. much less both. Because that means you're purely a spectator. What you hear isn't the absolute truth.
Phoenix
Akatsuki Trainee
Akatsuki Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by VizardFerrer on May 3rd 2011, 11:21 pm

For the record, I own both systems.
VizardFerrer

Health Health : 2
Registration date : 2011-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Riki X on May 4th 2011, 2:45 am

Justin Bieber wrote:No.. you're opinion is worse than some one who owns just one of the systems.. much less both. Because that means you're purely a spectator. What you hear isn't the absolute truth.

But the less than absolute truth I hear affects both systems, whereas bias only affects one system.
Riki X

Health Health : 66
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top