Some new 3DS announcements.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Some new 3DS announcements.

Post by Storm on April 18th 2011, 11:07 pm

After looking at a few new 3DS videos from IGN, there will be 2 new Resident Evil games exclusive for the 3DS, one of them being Resident Evil: Mercenaries 3D and the other being Resident Evil: Revelations.

For Mercenaries, you can play as Wesker, Jill, Chris, Kirk, and Krauser if you remember him from RE: 4. The gameplay will be like playing Resident Evil 4, only in Mercenary mode, meaning you'll be on a time limit, but the game gives you more than enough time to get through the levels. Also, you can customize the characters as well getting them new attacks which make them even more formidable. Most likely there will be online play and there will also be co-op mode so you and a friend can go through a level together.

There's no official news about Revelations as of yet, but in Mercenaries 3D, you can play a demo of it so you can get an idea of what it'll be about.

Both games will be out during the summer by the way.

I'll post some videos about Mercenaries later on.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. ~ Edmund Burke

Any man can handle adversity. If you truly want to test a man's character, give him power. ~ Abraham Lincoln

People are like dice. We throw ourselves into the direction of our own choosing.

The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.
Storm
Admin

Health Health : 165
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Some new 3DS announcements.

Post by Magnamancy on April 19th 2011, 3:10 am

Magnamancy
Minami
Minami

Health Health : 39
Registration date : 2008-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by VizardFerrer on April 19th 2011, 4:16 pm

Of course, I'll pay more money for something I already have on RE5, lolgud1 Capcom.

VizardFerrer

Health Health : 2
Registration date : 2011-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm on April 20th 2011, 8:17 pm

I still want to see what Revelations will be like as I have never watched that DVD about it.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. ~ Edmund Burke

Any man can handle adversity. If you truly want to test a man's character, give him power. ~ Abraham Lincoln

People are like dice. We throw ourselves into the direction of our own choosing.

Storm
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm on July 29th 2011, 7:04 pm

UPDATE

Not going to get RE: Mercenaries since, according to my brother, it's the same as in RE 4 and 5. The upside is that you get to play as Krauser, Wesker and a few other characters that you couldn't play before.

However, there is some good news.

Nintendo is dropping the 3DS price by 80 dollars, putting the total at 170 in order to help boost sales and spark consumer interest. The price reduction won't occur until Aug 12, but those who bought the 3DS at the full price of 250 will get 20 free downloadable games via the Nintendo eShop. The first update will come out September 1 and the second will be at the end of the year and from the titles you can get, I'm looking forward to playing them, especially for those who are nostalgic for some of the old Nintendo titles like the Legend of Zelda and Super Mario Bros.

The main reason they're pushing out these two updates and the price reduction for the 3DS is a rather simple one: weak launch titles and competition from Apple's iPhone.

Besides that, Star Fox 3D, Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 will come out before the year is done, so that should help boost sales after sales on the Wii have dropped, but it's understandable since most of the hardcore gamers don't own a Wii or resent the company entirely and stick with a 360 or a PS3.

Also, there will be a Super Smash Bros. 3D version coming out for the Wii U and the 3DS and there's talk of a new Kirby game for the 3DS as well.. I'll post more info about them later.

For anyone interested in reading the story, here's the link.

http://blog.games.yahoo.com/blog/860-nintendo-slashes-3ds-price-gives-away-free-games-to-prevent-backlash

Storm
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stunkata8 on July 29th 2011, 9:13 pm

The price drop is actually a good news and 80$ less... thats a good price, but there are still not many games for the system like NEW GAMES! Rather they keep launching new "apps" that anable old classic games! But Mario still sounds good I really like mario, and smash brothers yes, but that is starting development now!
Stunkata8
Asmodeus (Luxuria)
Asmodeus (Luxuria)

Health Health : 65
Registration date : 2009-09-10

http://stun-world.hit.bg/

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm on July 29th 2011, 9:33 pm

Stunkata8 wrote:The price drop is actually a good news and 80$ less... thats a good price, but there are still not many games for the system like NEW GAMES! Rather they keep launching new "apps" that anable old classic games! But Mario still sounds good I really like mario, and smash brothers yes, but that is starting development now!
Nintendo purposely held back on the better launch titles to promote the 3DS mainly and see what people think about the 3D feature. In doing so, they suffered the consequences and sales are dropping and they had to make a cut. I don't mind it, but since I wear glasses, I usually keep the 3D feature off since the intensity of it is too much for me. The new Smash Bros. game won't hit until next year or so, provided they put foot to ass and the development team does a good job on it and the other 3DS titles coming out this year.

I won't say anything about the Wii U since it's just a big fat Game Gear. I won't pass judgment just yet until I try it for myself and see how it performs, but it's unlikely that I'll buy it.

Storm
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm on December 19th 2011, 8:24 am

Just thought I'd update this old thread for anyone who has bought a 3DS before the price reduction.

Basically, Nintendo is offering a set of GameBoy Advance games that you can download straight to your 3DS via the Nintendo eShop. You just need to go to Settings > My Dowloads and find the games on the list. With this, it certainly gives people more they can play since next year there will be more 3DS games coming out.

Storm
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hiei on December 19th 2011, 10:58 am

I am not interested in 3DS yet .
When they make some more appealing game I'll get 3DS for now
pc/ds/ps3/360 is enough for me.

Hiei
Hokage
Hokage

Health Health : 445
Registration date : 2009-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm on December 19th 2011, 11:41 am

I'll list the titles coming out next year and 2013 for the 3DS. This is in no particular order.

Kingdom Hearts: Drop Dream Distance
Monster Hunter 4
Fire Emblem 3D
Super Smash Bros. 3D
Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D
Resident Evil: Revelations
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Tales of the Abyss
Paper Mario
Luigi's Mansion 2
Tekken
Time Travelers
Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney (crossover game)
Animal Crossing
Super Mario Galaxy
Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracles
Ace Combat 3D

There's other titles, but I listed the ones you guys would be interested in more.

Storm
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum