Dead Space 2 [PC,PS3,360]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dead Space 2 [PC,PS3,360]

Post by Stunkata8 on January 30th 2011, 5:22 pm

I've just started playing Dead Space 2 and after some hours of gameplay i must say im really impressed with it!
First of all know that Dead Space 2 is a horror action game that continues the story if Isaac Clarke, 3 years after the events in the first Dead Sapce!The game takes place on the Sprawl station on the Titan moon! The Necromorphs infestation has spread and chaos emerges on the station!
EDIT: Isaac's mentle state is "uncertain" as he is being haunted by his dead wife and symbols (which is acctally hazardous for his health)! He is being saved from the medclinic, from an unknown man and a woman that contacts to him on the way! The character actually doesnt know how he has ended on the station or what has happened in these last 3 years, but slowly starts to remember. The main objective is still to escape alive, but there is a bigger PLOT that is happening around Isaac!
Clarke can talk this time around, but thats not bad at all (as i first fought)! He acctually acts pretty decent to everything that happens around him!
There are new enemy types: Longe ranged, the baby-looking necromorphs that always come in hordes and also some fast and sneaky once that will really get your Guard ON!

The game's shooting mechanics and quick time events are still the same as in first one! Gore and "horror" can be found everywhere in the game and I even state that its the only kind of game that has a freightning atmosphere these days! You would like to give an example, but its just too AWESOME that i dont want to ruin it for someone! Its just the Dieing in this game is so awesome to watch and not just Isaac's but every dead around you in the game!

PS3 and 360 users can try the demo, but whats in it is just the action the game has!
EDIT: The demo will remind you of Dead Space's horror atmosphere and always check your back situations! You will be able to experiance the new Suite in Zero-G and be pimped with some action so that you be ready for the real thing in the full game! As for gameplay the game is pretty much like the first one: Walk here and enemes will come from nowhere! Shooting feels the same, but there are new Alternative fires like Shooting a javelin and than charge it with electricity (can be used strategiclly as shooting one enemy and than frieing the others). And to be able to spike an enemy is pretty fun as a thing of its own! Quick time events to save your life or let yourself get killed!

If you want to know what level of gore I'm talking about just watch the first 5m of a walktrough video!

Last edited by Stunkata8 on January 30th 2011, 7:49 pm; edited 3 times in total
Stunkata8
Asmodeus (Luxuria)
Asmodeus (Luxuria)

Health Health : 65
Registration date : 2009-09-10

http://stun-world.hit.bg/

Back to top Go down

Re: Dead Space 2 [PC,PS3,360]

Post by Storm on January 30th 2011, 6:44 pm

Please add in more info Stunkata, like a bit of the storyline as well as a summary on what you thought about the demo.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. ~ Edmund Burke

Any man can handle adversity. If you truly want to test a man's character, give him power. ~ Abraham Lincoln

People are like dice. We throw ourselves into the direction of our own choosing.

The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.
Storm
Admin

Health Health : 165
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Stunkata8 on January 30th 2011, 7:36 pm

Done and done just didnt want to spoil something and also there are scenes in that game that are just awesome (and horrific) to be watched infront of you!
Stunkata8
Asmodeus (Luxuria)
Asmodeus (Luxuria)

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm on January 30th 2011, 9:11 pm

The only way you'd spoil it is if you played through the game and gave every detail about what happens to who and so forth.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. ~ Edmund Burke

Any man can handle adversity. If you truly want to test a man's character, give him power. ~ Abraham Lincoln

People are like dice. We throw ourselves into the direction of our own choosing.

The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.
Storm
Admin

Health Health : 165
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by waddups on January 30th 2011, 11:48 pm

Anyone played hardcore yet? i'm on my first save and cant seem to go any further lol.
waddups

Health Health : 51
Registration date : 2008-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Stunkata8 on January 30th 2011, 11:59 pm

What do you mean exacly? The game has a bug or something?
Stunkata8
Asmodeus (Luxuria)
Asmodeus (Luxuria)

Back to top Go down

Post by C4Blizzard on January 31st 2011, 2:26 pm

Nice....gonna check it out tomorrow.
C4Blizzard

Health Health : 27
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Stunkata8 on January 31st 2011, 3:14 pm

Please do share your opinion after you play it!
Stunkata8
Asmodeus (Luxuria)
Asmodeus (Luxuria)

Back to top Go down

Post by waddups on January 31st 2011, 3:42 pm

Stunkata8 wrote:What do you mean exacly? The game has a bug or something?
no hardcore mode makes you only have 3 checkpoints in the entire game. It's as hard as zealot mode but once you fail, bam back to first checkpoint. I want that trophy lol.
waddups

Health Health : 51
Registration date : 2008-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post by C4Blizzard on February 1st 2011, 4:39 pm

Sucks that the one I got has barely any sounds.....never gonna download anything by GLOBE anymore.

Getting over the fact that I almost shat myself cause of shitty gas system in the game......the game is awesome. I always loved disbembert in any game.

Gonna download some other version tomorrow......there is barely any dialogue.
C4Blizzard

Back to top Go down

Post by Stunkata8 on February 1st 2011, 8:06 pm

Oh no maybe in the first 2 hours or so, but Isaac does talk alot and i really like him as a character, the stuff he says, the way he reacts to situations!
I actually passed the game and i really had a blast with it specialy in those last chapters they were just amazing for me!
For me specially: I have no problems with the Dead Space gameplay mechanics and i just love every "scripted" scene in it and there were just some places where I on purpose let Isaac die, cuz i just want to see what happens to him (he will die obvously), but i dunno the way these guys made the game...
I would never regret buying this!
Stunkata8
Asmodeus (Luxuria)
Asmodeus (Luxuria)

Back to top Go down

Post by C4Blizzard on February 2nd 2011, 1:18 am

I wanted to say that the dialogue is missing. Got so lazy and downloaded GLOBE's 3.2 GB version. Turns out that he ripped lots of sounds. T_T
C4Blizzard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top