About the 3DS

View previous topic View next topic Go down

About the 3DS

Post by Storm on January 23rd 2011, 10:01 pm

It officially comes out March 17th. I'm looking forward to getting one.

That is all.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. ~ Edmund Burke

Any man can handle adversity. If you truly want to test a man's character, give him power. ~ Abraham Lincoln

People are like dice. We throw ourselves into the direction of our own choosing.

The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.
Storm
Admin

Health Health : 165
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: About the 3DS

Post by Phoenix on January 24th 2011, 2:09 am

Depends on the price to me. Pokemon titles and a new Kingdom Hearts is enough reason to buy it for under 300 dollars. Not looking to spend much more than that.

I checked the pre-order price on Amazon, and it's at $249.99. Looks like I'm getting one.
Phoenix
Akatsuki Trainee
Akatsuki Trainee

Health Health : 30
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm on January 24th 2011, 4:19 am

That's understandable.

Guess I'll have to swing by the local Gamestop and pre-order the Aqua Blue color.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. ~ Edmund Burke

Any man can handle adversity. If you truly want to test a man's character, give him power. ~ Abraham Lincoln

People are like dice. We throw ourselves into the direction of our own choosing.

Storm
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm on February 16th 2011, 2:02 am

UPDATE

The official release date is the 27th of March and there will be a Street Fighter 4 portable game as well as a new DoA game hitting the 3DS.

Storm
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nave I on February 16th 2011, 5:14 pm

Ha, that's funny, in order to surpass those smartphones with unlimited cheap games and apps, both Nintendo and Sony tried to create the next generation portables, Sony focusing on a second touchscreen on the backside of the psp2, and nintedo creating a 3D-effekt which works without glasses
and 2 days ago you could first see the new LG Optimus 3D, which uses the same 3D technologie as the 3DS and can also take videos and photos in 3D
Very Happy

Nave I

Health Health : 926
Registration date : 2008-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm on February 17th 2011, 5:56 am

This isn't about what phones can do; this is about the 3DS.

Storm
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm on February 23rd 2011, 11:39 am

UPDATE

Nintendo chose not to release it's heavy hitters like Mario and Zelda just yet, but will be releasing 18 games that will hit shelves the same date as the 3DS. More games will be released by early June. Here's a link to current list of games. The titles of them are in blue:

http://ds.ign.com/articles/115/1151257p1.html

Course, I'm more interested in seeing how that Star Fox 64 remake and Zelda remake will turn out as well as that new Kid Icarus game they'll make.

Storm
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnamancy on February 23rd 2011, 12:43 pm

I don't know about videos, but the 3DS is capable of taking 3D photos
too Nave. Razz

~$250?

If work gives me these 4 or 5 shifts a week for a while, I'll probably
buy one too. :3

Edit: I've played a bit of the Zelda and Kid Icarus games at a special 3DS
preview event in the city, visually very impressive, but on max 3D it
gave me the start of a headache in just under ten minutes. ._.
Magnamancy
Minami
Minami

Health Health : 39
Registration date : 2008-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm on February 23rd 2011, 10:25 pm

I'll probably hold off on buying any of the games until June. The list that IGN posted doesn't impress me, but that was a wise move Nintendo is making though. Waiting until more people have a 3DS then release it's heavy hitters by the summer is a good approach.

Storm
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sander on February 24th 2011, 6:41 pm

Storm wrote:I'll probably hold off on buying any of the games until June. The list that IGN posted doesn't impress me, but that was a wise move Nintendo is making though. Waiting until more people have a 3DS then release it's heavy hitters by the summer is a good approach.

Summer? Well looks like i'm getting mine at summer then. Because i would love to play the Pokmon and Mario games on the 3DS and i'm not getting the 3DS before those games are released. And Zelda is great too, but i wonder what'll the price for the games be. Probably around 50-60-ish?
Sander
Konoha's Yellow Flash
Konoha's Yellow Flash

Health Health : 29
Registration date : 2010-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm on February 24th 2011, 10:16 pm

Actually, the price for the 3DS games will be 5 dollars more than what you would get for DS games, so you're looking at around 42 dollars or so which isn't bad at all. 60 dollars would be how much you would pay for a console game, which is far too much.

I may get Street Fighter 4 3D Edition, but I'm still debating on that.

Storm
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum