PSP 2 for real!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

PSP 2 for real!

Post by Stunkata8 on January 14th 2011, 11:41 pm

I dont know to what have your guys heard and read, but on the 27.01 Sony will officialy anounce the PSP 2
What is officialy stated for now is that the console will be AS powerfull AS the PS3 (talking visuals perhaps and more) also it will have HD screen and 2 analog sticks (if you were just wondering)!
Sony has already started working with developers on games for the portable console!

Expect more info in 27.01 and GDC 2011

Oh and what are ur thoughts on a Portable PS3? And did this live ur expecations abt the portable? Were you expecting something else?
Stunkata8
Asmodeus (Luxuria)
Asmodeus (Luxuria)

Health Health : 65
Registration date : 2009-09-10

http://stun-world.hit.bg/

Back to top Go down

Re: PSP 2 for real!

Post by Riki X on January 14th 2011, 11:50 pm

I'd still rather play on a console.
Riki X

Health Health : 66
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Applejuice on January 14th 2011, 11:56 pm

hope it can make calls and schtuff... But I'd rather have a ps3?

Edit: Got ninja'd but that too

Applejuice

Health Health : 182
Registration date : 2009-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Stunkata8 on January 15th 2011, 12:07 am

Well for the phone part: Sony Ericsson are developing Sony Ericsson PSP on which i can give u no more intel right now, cuz i found about it a mare day ago!
This is what it should look like!

Stunkata8
Asmodeus (Luxuria)
Asmodeus (Luxuria)

Back to top Go down

Post by Riki X on January 15th 2011, 12:11 am

That's gonna cost like, $1000 plus tax and interest D:
Riki X

Health Health : 66
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Applejuice on January 15th 2011, 1:48 am

Yeah, I'd still rather have an actuall console.. Or even better a pc

Applejuice

Health Health : 182
Registration date : 2009-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix on January 15th 2011, 5:30 am

Alright, the PSP 2 and the PSPhone are two SEPERATE things.

In the latest game informer they clearly stated this, so while the PSP 2 will be as powerful as the PS3, don't expect such things from the phone.

With that said, all we can really discuss here is what we HOPE will be included, as no significant news has been leaked on the project. They don't even have a definite design set in place yet.

Phoenix
Akatsuki Trainee
Akatsuki Trainee

Health Health : 30
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm on January 15th 2011, 10:29 am

I highly doubt it'll be as powerful as a PS3.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. ~ Edmund Burke

Any man can handle adversity. If you truly want to test a man's character, give him power. ~ Abraham Lincoln

People are like dice. We throw ourselves into the direction of our own choosing.

The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.
Storm
Admin

Health Health : 165
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Stunkata8 on January 15th 2011, 11:52 am

Yes DTK they are i just mentioned the phone cuz aj mentioned... and the tech that thing will have will probably be the psp (maybe GO).

Maybe it wouldnt be a 1:1 copy and i dont know how does the ps3 works, what uses, what is the basic of its tech, but i do believe that it is possible do be done (especially if sony says so).In todays world i guess everything can go nano-size (PC cpu are build more and more powerfull everyday, but the 2 things could be different as i have no knowage on the ps3 inside, but surely it uses memory controllers and cores and stuff).

And yet again in some weeks moer info maybe released so we can know for sure!

Stunkata8
Asmodeus (Luxuria)
Asmodeus (Luxuria)

Back to top Go down

Post by DoM!n on January 15th 2011, 12:05 pm

I'm a big PSP fan,but damn,I still highly doubt it will be as powerful like PS3(ninja'd by Storm here),it's not like I wouldn't like PSP2 being so,but you know..
DoM!n
Mizukage
Mizukage

Health Health : 261
Registration date : 2008-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Raka on January 15th 2011, 1:06 pm

How can it be equivalent to a PS3?

Unless Sony has hit a major R&D breakthrough, it's pretty hard to imagine that something rivaling the Cell processor and Nvidia's RSX GPU can possibly be shrunk to the size of a handheld, not without serious thermal implications.

What it may, however, mean is that the PSP2 has enough graphical grunt to render eye candy close to PS3 levels over its smaller screen.

Remember, low resolution = low system requirements. Much in the same way the PSP could match the PS2, thanks to a smaller screen.
Raka

Health Health : 645
Registration date : 2008-07-08

http://www.iamawesome.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sander on January 16th 2011, 4:27 pm

Raka XII wrote:
Unless Sony has hit a major R&D breakthrough, it's pretty hard to imagine that something rivaling the Cell processor and Nvidia's RSX GPU can possibly be shrunk to the size of a handheld, not without serious thermal implications.

Uhh yeah... i totally understood that...

What he said! Not a chance it'll be as good as the PS3, because if Sony could somehow do PS3 graphics for a PSP we'd have a PS4 by now...
Sander
Konoha's Yellow Flash
Konoha's Yellow Flash

Health Health : 29
Registration date : 2010-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Stunkata8 on January 16th 2011, 4:40 pm

Why should they do a PS4? There ps3 is a beast and its now starting to get serious and ill just look to GodOfWar 3 now which looks... LOL! And i dunno if they have gained the money they have given into the building of that thing! The consoles still have place on the market and stuff to show!
Stunkata8
Asmodeus (Luxuria)
Asmodeus (Luxuria)

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm on January 16th 2011, 11:06 pm

@Stunkata8 wrote:Why should they do a PS4? There ps3 is a beast and its now starting to get serious and ill just look to GodOfWar 3 now which looks... LOL! And i dunno if they have gained the money they have given into the building of that thing! The consoles still have place on the market and stuff to show!
Any of the consoles will stay on the market so long as the companies continue to produce games. The only thing they need to stop doing is making half-ass movie games as a cash cow business, which never works.

As for them doing a PS4, that doesn't seem too far off from being taken into consideration from Sony.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. ~ Edmund Burke

Any man can handle adversity. If you truly want to test a man's character, give him power. ~ Abraham Lincoln

People are like dice. We throw ourselves into the direction of our own choosing.

Storm
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 1m4ns on January 24th 2011, 10:37 am

Is better than XboX360 can run up to 7.5GB Blu Ray disc... Halo reach is about 7.3GB

1m4ns

Health Health : 1
Registration date : 2011-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm on January 24th 2011, 4:39 pm

@1m4ns wrote:Is better than XboX360 can run up to 7.5GB Blu Ray disc... Halo reach is about 7.3GB
This isn't what which console is better than the other. This is about a new PSP being made and to shoot down any speculation about it being as fast as a console, which it won't. By the way, Blu Ray discs aren't even all that good anyway. They're just slightly more expensive compared to DVDs and the quality is slightly better. Just give a Hi-def LED TV and a regular DVD and I'll be good to go.

Storm
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Remilia Scarlet on January 24th 2011, 4:56 pm

@1m4ns wrote:Is better than XboX360 can run up to 7.5GB Blu Ray disc... Halo reach is about 7.3GB
please, dont start this war that is everywere on youtube, my xbox 360 slim 250 GB will feel sad uberserious

and yeh, it's hard to belive that it is as good as a PS3, since how can you just put that whole bix with a cable to the wall into a little wireless, little PSP with its own screen and all. And having a place for Blu Ray on a PSP will look bad...

Health Health : 77
Registration date : 2009-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by 1m4ns on January 27th 2011, 4:01 am

lars5666 wrote:
please, dont start this war that is everywere on youtube, my xbox 360 slim 250 GB will feel sad uberserious

and yeh, it's hard to belive that it is as good as a PS3, since how can you just put that whole bix with a cable to the wall into a little wireless, little PSP with its own screen and all. And having a place for Blu Ray on a PSP will look bad...

Sorry i didn't mean to insult your xbox and no it won't look bad because is hd if you know what blu ray is

1m4ns

Health Health : 1
Registration date : 2011-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top