[PC] Heroes of Newerth

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[PC] Heroes of Newerth

Post by Sidoain on November 15th 2010, 4:57 am



Official website: http://www.heroesofnewerth.com/

The stand alone game base on Warcraft 3 User map setting name Dota. You want to see the similarities and changes they made, check out this link. http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/wiki/index.php/DotA_vs_HoN

The game cost 30$ and thats it, you got everything the game has to offer. If you want 10 day free trial, send me a PM with your email so i can send it. I can only send 2 trial access. So the 1st 2 members who send me a PM will get it.

Content and Gameplay: For those who dont know about dota, Its like an RTS game with level system like warcraft 3, but you control 1 character and possessed units that you can control depending on your hero skills and item signification. There is over 60 heroes and more get added. The goal is to destroy tower watch teal you get to the final building to win the match. Compared to League of Legend, its much more complex, so you coming from there wont guarantee anything.

There is not much to say about the story. 2 factions are fighting an endless battle. The Legion vs Hellborn. If the legion win, they destroy the hell platform entrance use to get on earth into a huge normal tree. If the hellborn win, they destroy the earth nature source to open the hell gate. Then, a huge Demon name Malphas is getting out to bring destruction.(If you play Savage 2 and collect 20 souls, you can turn into a malpas and kill so much players, its crazy)
avatar
Sidoain


Health Health : -1
Posts : 406
Registration date : 2009-07-17

Back to top Go down

Re: [PC] Heroes of Newerth

Post by Eredale on November 15th 2010, 8:52 am

Simply put, no.
avatar
Eredale


Health Health : 156
Country : Earth
Posts : 9228
Registration date : 2009-07-10

Back to top Go down

Re: [PC] Heroes of Newerth

Post by C4Blizzard on November 15th 2010, 10:47 pm

This game fails. Why ? P2P DotA.
avatar
C4Blizzard


Health Health : 27
Country : Rain
Posts : 1509
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Back to top Go down

Re: [PC] Heroes of Newerth

Post by Sidoain on November 15th 2010, 10:59 pm

C4Blizzard wrote:This game fails. Why ? P2P DotA.

Wait, dota is a free game???

No, you have to buy warcraft 3 in order to play dota. Dont come back and argue because the only reason why ppl bought warcraft 3 after 2006 were because of dota + frozen throne. Do the math since you had to buy 2 different boxes back then to play dota.

HoN, you pay 30$ and thats it. League of legend is free, but you need to pay to enjoy the game even more. In the long run for heavy competitive players, League of legend cost even more for them.

You also give a bad name to this forum, acting like you guys are poor, so you have to claim that a game fail because it cost.
avatar
Sidoain


Health Health : -1
Posts : 406
Registration date : 2009-07-17

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: [PC] Heroes of Newerth

Post by Thel_JF on November 15th 2010, 11:15 pm

dont like it too
its just stolen and u even have to pay for it ^
avatar
Thel_JF
Special Jounin of Leaf

Health Health : 115
Country :
Posts : 3268
Registration date : 2008-11-24

Back to top Go down

Re: [PC] Heroes of Newerth

Post by [S]ky on November 16th 2010, 12:10 am

paying for LoL to enjoy it? fail.
give me some arguments for paying for LoL
if you mean skins...leaguecraft is da site
avatar
[S]ky
Beelzebub (Gula)
Beelzebub (Gula)

Health Health : 46
Country : Rain
Posts : 2492
Registration date : 2008-07-16

Back to top Go down

Re: [PC] Heroes of Newerth

Post by Eredale on November 16th 2010, 12:19 am

You don't need to pay for LoL... only if you're a freaky addict guy

Besides, Dota is free... torrents>>Garena>>over 9000 other servers>>win
avatar
Eredale


Health Health : 156
Country : Earth
Posts : 9228
Registration date : 2009-07-10

Back to top Go down

Re: [PC] Heroes of Newerth

Post by Sidoain on November 16th 2010, 1:54 am

Eredale wrote:You don't need to pay for LoL... only if you're a freaky addict guy

Besides, Dota is free... torrents>>Garena>>over 9000 other servers>>win

1st of all, torrent and stuff like that shouldn't even count so the game still cost 20-40.

Then, the fact that you dont even need to pay for a game in general is a reason why it fail. HON is 30 box and those who played dota like me and hate LOL, we payed for HON and play it every days or so.

I tried LOL and to me, it was horrible. I couldn't get into it even if i won most of the time. The community sux at the game while in HON, the community are freaking good. Thats the advantage between a pay to play vs a free to play. Pay to play, all players in the matches are good, so if you lose, its your fault.

LOL balance is horrible, you cant deny that. In HON, if there is imbalance, it get fixed before a full month after each patches and new characters. Just want to remind that HON got 60+ characters and still well balanced.
avatar
Sidoain


Health Health : -1
Posts : 406
Registration date : 2009-07-17

Back to top Go down

Re: [PC] Heroes of Newerth

Post by Eredale on November 16th 2010, 9:06 am

1st of all, torrents DO count, since you can successfully play games like that
What, you can't? Poor guy you are ;_;

Besides, I tried to come back to Dota too (I played it casually a time ago), but even though I generally had knowledge about it, after playing LoL, Dota was like... wtf, that wasn't even 50% as good, despite the huge number of heroes which proves nothing but the amount of time the game lived

And then, to have a nice community, you just need to play with the right people... if you just go around alone at random, obviously you won't get nice guys on your team - ever heared of playing with friends instead of relying on matchmaking?

Besides, how is LoL balance horrible? With the scaling being on a lower level than in Dota (and, therefore, in HoN), and without the death penalties, it gives both teams an equal chance, and there's no such thing as bad or good characters, only bad and good players. We got a patch every 2 weeks, and I can't say I'm dissatisfied with the latest patches.

So your point is that if the game is to be payed for, it somehow becomes awesome? Well you know what? You're wrong. LoL is proving that free games can be much more awesome in your face, and YOU are the one trying to deny it. Just because it's a growing competition for your beloved oldfag games, you hate on it. I can't blame you for it - hating must be your way of having fun. Have fun, gg Wink
avatar
Eredale


Health Health : 156
Country : Earth
Posts : 9228
Registration date : 2009-07-10

Back to top Go down

Re: [PC] Heroes of Newerth

Post by xXDarKMeLodYXx on November 16th 2010, 11:40 am

ummm nice
avatar
xXDarKMeLodYXx


Health Health : -3
Posts : 34
Registration date : 2010-10-15

Back to top Go down

Re: [PC] Heroes of Newerth

Post by xXDarKMeLodYXx on November 16th 2010, 11:40 am

thx for the link
avatar
xXDarKMeLodYXx


Health Health : -3
Posts : 34
Registration date : 2010-10-15

Back to top Go down

Re: [PC] Heroes of Newerth

Post by Sidoain on November 16th 2010, 3:19 pm

Eredale wrote:1st of all, torrents DO count, since you can successfully play games like that
What, you can't? Poor guy you are ;_;

Besides, I tried to come back to Dota too (I played it casually a time ago), but even though I generally had knowledge about it, after playing LoL, Dota was like... wtf, that wasn't even 50% as good, despite the huge number of heroes which proves nothing but the amount of time the game lived

And then, to have a nice community, you just need to play with the right people... if you just go around alone at random, obviously you won't get nice guys on your team - ever heared of playing with friends instead of relying on matchmaking?

Besides, how is LoL balance horrible? With the scaling being on a lower level than in Dota (and, therefore, in HoN), and without the death penalties, it gives both teams an equal chance, and there's no such thing as bad or good characters, only bad and good players. We got a patch every 2 weeks, and I can't say I'm dissatisfied with the latest patches.

So your point is that if the game is to be payed for, it somehow becomes awesome? Well you know what? You're wrong. LoL is proving that free games can be much more awesome in your face, and YOU are the one trying to deny it. Just because it's a growing competition for your beloved oldfag games, you hate on it. I can't blame you for it - hating must be your way of having fun. Have fun, gg Wink

What i mean by torrent doesn't count, is that you cannot claim that a game is free because of that. Please lets not get back here.

This is irrevelent. Warcraft 3 had been made in 2002. Dota, 2006. They did not even change the engine for dota and warcraft 3 is suppose to be pure RTS. So yea, me playing HON and come back to play dota, it sux too. HON is a stand alone game and dont got any problem with dota engine. Imagine LOL with dota engine. So please...

In HON, you dont need to play with the right ppl and you get a good team. Both team get balanced base on victory and lost teal 50/50 and the game maker start the game. You can also lock players so they dont get team switch during the team balance.

If LOL is balanced, why is there a recommended hero list?

Dont call me a fag. Check your signature. Beside, you just dont know better. You never played HON and claim that dota is exactly like HON because of some same heroes and map. In conclusion, you claim LOL is better because you think HON is dota. Rely on the engine. HON is 100 time more faster then dota, so you need more reflex.
avatar
Sidoain


Health Health : -1
Posts : 406
Registration date : 2009-07-17

Back to top Go down

Re: [PC] Heroes of Newerth

Post by DoM!n on November 16th 2010, 4:25 pm

@law and thel_jf

guys..this game is just remake dota,because it really needed new engine,they didn't stole anything,plus they asked for icefrog's permission ofc(icefrog is creator of dota for those who don't know)

and sidoan is actually right,because if HoN has something much better than LoL,it's the balancment..
avatar
DoM!n
Mizukage
Mizukage

Health Health : 261
Country : Water
Posts : 8077
Registration date : 2008-09-03

Back to top Go down

Re: [PC] Heroes of Newerth

Post by Eredale on November 16th 2010, 5:27 pm

Really now, I don't know better? How do YOU know better then, if you say that you haven't played LoL for long enough, just because "you didn't like it" or some other retarded bullshit like that.

In LoL there is a ranked mode (for good people), a random mode (for lulz and practice) and practice mode (for testing some totallly wicked stuff you won't do in a normal game). Ranked mode is not availiable till you hit lvl 30, to make people equal. And you say that you played LoL, even though you never got to the ranked mode? Come back when you did, reached atleast 1600 ELO, and THEN talk. I dare you.

LoL has a recommended hero list just because some champions are harder than others to play with. You are trying to compare a melee champion with a couple of survival/closeup abilities to a ranged mage champion with all skill that must be targetted by hand, dude. Are you even trying to use your brain or are you posting drunk. Get sober plz.

My signature? What about it? Sad that you dont have one? QQ
avatar
Eredale


Health Health : 156
Country : Earth
Posts : 9228
Registration date : 2009-07-10

Back to top Go down

Re: [PC] Heroes of Newerth

Post by C4Blizzard on November 16th 2010, 9:47 pm

DoM!n wrote:@law and thel_jf

guys..this game is just remake dota,because it really needed new engine,they didn't stole anything,plus they asked for icefrog's permission ofc(icefrog is creator of dota for those who don't know)

and sidoan is actually right,because if HoN has something much better than LoL,it's the balancment..


Who cares about HoN anymore ? DotA 2 will shit on it. I mean.....its made by fucking Valve.
avatar
C4Blizzard


Health Health : 27
Country : Rain
Posts : 1509
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Back to top Go down

Re: [PC] Heroes of Newerth

Post by Stunkata8 on November 16th 2010, 9:53 pm

Nooo you cant say sh*t about valve!They have gave us Half-Life and Portal and more!Valve+Steam+Blizzard=PCfOREVER

I'm still waithing for HL 3/HL: Episode 3 though uberserious
avatar
Stunkata8
Asmodeus (Luxuria)
Asmodeus (Luxuria)

Health Health : 65
Country : Rain
Posts : 3940
Registration date : 2009-09-10

http://stun-world.hit.bg/

Back to top Go down

Re: [PC] Heroes of Newerth

Post by C4Blizzard on November 16th 2010, 10:01 pm

Stunkata8 wrote:Nooo you cant say sh*t about valve!They have gave us Half-Life and Portal and more!Valve+Steam+IceFrog=PCfOREVER

I'm still waithing for HL 3and HL2: Episode 3 though uberserious


Fixed......Blizzard is a steaming pile of dogshit. They have nothing to do with DotA......and Blizzard didn't join Valve.......IceFrog did.
avatar
C4Blizzard


Health Health : 27
Country : Rain
Posts : 1509
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Back to top Go down

Re: [PC] Heroes of Newerth

Post by DoM!n on November 16th 2010, 10:56 pm

C4Blizzard wrote:
DoM!n wrote:@law and thel_jf

guys..this game is just remake dota,because it really needed new engine,they didn't stole anything,plus they asked for icefrog's permission ofc(icefrog is creator of dota for those who don't know)

and sidoan is actually right,because if HoN has something much better than LoL,it's the balancment..


Who cares about HoN anymore ? DotA 2 will shit on it. I mean.....its made by fucking Valve.

yup DotA 2 ftw
avatar
DoM!n
Mizukage
Mizukage

Health Health : 261
Country : Water
Posts : 8077
Registration date : 2008-09-03

Back to top Go down

Re: [PC] Heroes of Newerth

Post by Stunkata8 on November 16th 2010, 11:03 pm

C4Blizzard wrote:
Stunkata8 wrote:Nooo you cant say sh*t about valve!They have gave us Half-Life and Portal and more!Valve+Steam+IceFrog=PCfOREVER

I'm still waithing for HL 3and HL2: Episode 3 though uberserious


Fixed......Blizzard is a steaming pile of dogshit. They have nothing to do with DotA......and Blizzard didn't join Valve.......IceFrog did.

Yes,yes i know that stuff,but my point was that those 3 that i mentioned are the once that are still loyal to PC
avatar
Stunkata8
Asmodeus (Luxuria)
Asmodeus (Luxuria)

Health Health : 65
Country : Rain
Posts : 3940
Registration date : 2009-09-10

http://stun-world.hit.bg/

Back to top Go down

Re: [PC] Heroes of Newerth

Post by Sidoain on November 17th 2010, 2:18 am

DoM!n wrote:
C4Blizzard wrote:
DoM!n wrote:@law and thel_jf

guys..this game is just remake dota,because it really needed new engine,they didn't stole anything,plus they asked for icefrog's permission ofc(icefrog is creator of dota for those who don't know)

and sidoan is actually right,because if HoN has something much better than LoL,it's the balancment..


Who cares about HoN anymore ? DotA 2 will shit on it. I mean.....its made by fucking Valve.

yup DotA 2 ftw

They discussed dota 2 in the HON forum and a HON employee replied that they will take the challenge. So you shouldnt rely on game IP that much. Lets see which game will be better.

And Lol to the poor gamers out there who will say that Dota 2 will sux because it might cost 30$ too lol.
avatar
Sidoain


Health Health : -1
Posts : 406
Registration date : 2009-07-17

Back to top Go down

Re: [PC] Heroes of Newerth

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum