Fallout New Vegas

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fallout New Vegas

Post by waddups on November 2nd 2010, 6:29 pm

Anyone enjoying as much as i am? Really enjoying hardcore mode right now.

Setting-The new fallout takes place in the mojave wasteland, Aka nevada.

Story- You are a courier, aka delivery man, your job was to deliver a platinum chip to Primm. On the way you were assulted by The Great Khans and a man named Benny. Benny procedes to shoot you and the camera fades out and you see the Great Khans dig up a grave for you. Later you were dug up by a robot named Victor and now you try to find out why did Benny do this and finish your job.

Gameplay- If you played fallout 3 the same VATS system is in play and allows you to freeze time and target specific body parts of the enemy. This was made by Obsidian to make the game be more of an RPG rather than an action game. The enemy realistically reacts to broken body parts and will limp if shot in the leg or aim shittier if you broke his arm. This applies to you as well so use stipacks to heal broken limbs. There exsists a sneak mode that allows you to be more secretive and allows sneak critical hits. Iron sights are finally added to fallout. I personally didn't like to use them as they aren't as effective as VATS.

Hardcore mode was made in this game providing a much more harder and realistic way to live through fallout. In hardcore mode the player needs food, water, and sleep in order to survive. Ammo has weight so you can't carry thousands of bullets with you unfortunately. You companions can die in this mode and will not come back.

Compainions now have a wheel to allow more options to use your friends. setting their behavior to passive will let you be more sneaky, making them act after you.

Graphics- Pretty ok at some parts and really iffy at others. Framerate occasionally freezes but it's bearable. TONS of bugs although given the scope of this game it's a given.

Content- People say that it's just an Add on or something of the sorts. I disagree as there is more than enough quests and side missions to match if not more than fallout 3
i'll add more as i play more.

Last edited by waddups on November 3rd 2010, 5:19 pm; edited 3 times in total
waddups

Health Health : 51
Registration date : 2008-07-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Fallout New Vegas

Post by C4Blizzard on November 2nd 2010, 8:50 pm

We have rules at how topics in games section are supposed to be made. I suggest to read them.

OnTopic: Its the same as Fallout 3.
C4Blizzard

Health Health : 27
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm on November 2nd 2010, 8:54 pm

C4 is right.

If you're going to talk about a game, give us some info about it, such as the story behind it, your own opinion on how the gameplay is like and such. Otherwise, waddups, I'll have to warn you.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. ~ Edmund Burke

Any man can handle adversity. If you truly want to test a man's character, give him power. ~ Abraham Lincoln

People are like dice. We throw ourselves into the direction of our own choosing.

The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.
Storm
Admin

Health Health : 165
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by K E N T A R U on November 2nd 2010, 9:35 pm

New vagas was ok the new one can f*ck itself
K E N T A R U
NTSDII Leader
NTSDII Leader

Health Health : 184
Registration date : 2008-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Satamino on November 3rd 2010, 12:47 am

I was expecting more of it...

Annyways mod downloading time xD
http://www.newvegasnexus.com/
Satamino
Belphegor (Acedia)
Belphegor (Acedia)

Health Health : 354
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Korkor XI on November 15th 2010, 1:12 am

i didnt play fallout but i saw the videos and wasnt very impressed. Seemed pretty fuckin boring but meh..will try it i guess
Korkor XI

Health Health : 291
Registration date : 2008-10-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sasuke Uchiha4576 on November 15th 2010, 8:52 am

I played it and joined the legions, but afterwards I got bored so I just killed everyone
But the game was not as good as what I thought it would be
Sasuke Uchiha4576

Health Health : 4
Registration date : 2010-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Satamino on November 15th 2010, 10:39 pm

You are just not able to be able to get its full potencial
Satamino
Belphegor (Acedia)
Belphegor (Acedia)

Health Health : 354