[PC] Blade & Soul

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [PC] Blade & Soul

Post by Eredale on September 21st 2010, 6:50 pm

Oh really now?

So if I, say, take a quest to go and kill 20 purple slime monsters, they won't respawn, and I would be the only one ever doing that quest?

Or if I do a quest about some village being attacked by some random creatures, and go kill them, the village would be rescued forever and ever?

I can believe the war being upgraded with more territory control shit, or adding some more character customization things for high levels, but WoW is NEVER going to have realistic quests, or a realistic world event system, like GW2 already showed us

Neither they would have awesome ways to travel the world, like B&S would

Nor they would have dungeons of that awesome

Nor they would have nextgen-MMO features

Nor graphics

Nor anything the newtype MMOs would have

WoW will slowly die, reducing itself to a closed community of lowlifes addicted to it so much they cant force it out of their heads
Eredale

Health Health : 156
Registration date : 2009-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by .Omen on September 21st 2010, 7:13 pm

@Eredale wrote:Oh really now?

So if I, say, take a quest to go and kill 20 purple slime monsters, they won't respawn, and I would be the only one ever doing that quest?
generic npc's no,unless they are in an area you mention next

Or if I do a quest about some village being attacked by some random creatures, and go kill them, the village would be rescued forever and ever?
yes,look at worgen starting area quests for example

Neither they would have awesome ways to travel the world, like B&S would
flying ,portals,riding dragons,traveling trough time,teleporter,catapult....morphing into travelingforms,summoning gateways(reverse portals) ships,zeppelins,submarines and etc...oh and ripping space time ...thats for now..andmuch more...lets wait for cataclysm
Nor they would have dungeons of that awesome
wow has some of the most amazing dungeons in MMO

Nor they would have nextgen-MMO features
nextgen?
lololololololololo

they wont make a new wow after this one becomes too archaic ,and they are starting to grasp the power of the engine,and use it to their abilities

Nor graphics

its all about looks in the gaming world...again..same point

Nor anything the newtype MMOs would have
u already said that

WoW will slowly die, reducing itself to a closed community of lowlifes addicted to it so much they cant force it out of their heads

no wow will slowly become reborn,as a shining beacon of revolution throughout MMO justas it did in the beginning,and most blizzard games
.Omen

Health Health : -32
Registration date : 2010-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Eredale on September 21st 2010, 7:23 pm

Nope, sigh

1st - there are starting areas, with quests that everyone repeats over and over, and nothing changes. Even if 900000000 new players "rescue" the village from teh ebul spiderlings, nothing would ever happen, since teh ebul spiderlings or whatever there is, don't attack anything - they don't run in, break into houses, killing people, or anything at all

2nd - what you say is basically... portal, portal, flying, portal-portal-portal-portal, flying, flying, portal-portal, portal that is supposed to be a "time rift", portal-portal, mounts

3rd - but not as awesome as B&S has shown

4th - they may not make a new one, but in order to build in new features they would have to totally reowrk almost everything - in a game as big is that, that's online aswell?

5th - and graphics do matter... I'd rather look at smooth edges and characters brimming with detail instead of looking at WoW

6th - statement that WoW will be reborn is as stupid as if I would say that Blizzard would go bankrupt right this second JUST CUZ I SAY SO
Eredale

Back to top Go down

Post by .Omen on September 21st 2010, 8:56 pm

@Eredale wrote:Nope, sigh

1st - there are starting areas, with quests that everyone repeats over and over, and nothing changes. Even if 900000000 new players "rescue" the village from teh ebul spiderlings, nothing would ever happen, since teh ebul spiderlings or whatever there is, don't attack anything - they don't run in, break into houses, killing people, or anything at all

2nd - what you say is basically... portal, portal, flying, portal-portal-portal-portal, flying, flying, portal-portal, portal that is supposed to be a "time rift", portal-portal, mounts

3rd - but not as awesome as B&S has shown

4th - they may not make a new one, but in order to build in new features they would have to totally reowrk almost everything - in a game as big is that, that's online aswell?

5th - and graphics do matter... I'd rather look at smooth edges and characters brimming with detail instead of looking at WoW

6th - statement that WoW will be reborn is as stupid as if I would say that Blizzard would go bankrupt right this second JUST CUZ I SAY SO

you just saw the guild wars 2 advertisement and its wow is bad rant and going from there,arent you?
and in wow sometimes they do......you havent played the game so I guess you wouldnt know.....after bc the generic kill quests reduced dramatically,they are still there but are reduced dramatically

some things are scripted,so when you accept the quest you will interact...that was even in vanila wow.....there is a quest in barrens where a battle starts and you must kill the npc,and help as many orcs as possible,you have to be fast,or the soldiers iwill kill him...like in battle.....in bc,first thing when you walk in there is a huge fight between demons,alliance and the horde

the first main bases are constantly attacked by the demons

in wrath of the lich king instances change depending on how fast you do them and how you do them

even bosses depend on your performance

none of its linear as you imagine

you only see wow as :

kill x amout of y
collect x amount of y
and etc....
but its not.....not even in vanilla...it is the majority of vanilla ,but
it has been constantly changing

and does the world change
for you it does!

for you !
you as a individual,because it gives everybody the chance to experience the lore on their own

yay I am finally gonna go kill the instance boss
somebody already killed it,cannot be killed ever again

is that what you want?

is that what you meant?
NO

the world changes constantly with you

especially with the main plot quests
areas change,npc's change

example

quest chain to free a spirit,long ass chain.....
spirit surprise surprise turns evil

bottom line,you must kill the spirit who now has a body because you gave him the body

how you do that?
oh did I mention he is in a flying fortress that was there before?
and before the quest,you couldnt see him,but you saw the minions who didnt say where is our lord npc name,but categorized themselves as minions of the lich king

after you get to that point he is visible,and they recognize themselves as the army of lord bla bla

when you kill him,and its not blast blast blast,you actually use all the items you have collected by now to control giant abominations while dodging his aoe,to kill him,its certainly not easy.

and guess what,when you kill him lich king shows himself and gives a littlespeech only for you

not timed event or anything like that,only for you....and guess what

the flying fort goes down,and after that youdont see it in the air anymore,you see it smashed in the fucking floor

all the npcs dead,both in the fort and under it....the quests involving npc's?

those are gone,youcan sod off

and the npc all around the world,change when you do main plot line quests like that

talk differently,act differently,give different tasks if they can and etc

and guess what,there is a shit load of more things like that ?

after doing a HUGE CHAIN\
you get to this point

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Pvq9D2q4UI

everything in the bloody area changes

,and thats not all,later after this betrayal the horde and the alliance are shocked what the forsaken did,and not only do you do something about it,you interact with kings,armies,,and battle with them...finally changing not only how the city looks to you,and the npcs you killled never show again,but also the attitude of the city
and I can go on and on and on,but you will tell me

oh those are jsut the main plot line quests....they are not....they are starting to change that more and more

you complained that they dont attack the moment you take quests,that oyou have your time.....sense vanilla,there have been timed quests,battles and etc...you opening the door and a shadow creature running out before you take any quest is so generic,and than if you talk to the trapped npc,the shadow form returns,and he wants you to save him

..thats really generic
.Omen

Back to top Go down

Post by .Omen on September 21st 2010, 9:00 pm

oh and the wrath gate thing,I think you cannot do the fucking final raid if nobody in you your team didnt do that chain

because what happened that day,is directly connected to what happens to the main plot line,and how you are responsible for the new way to stop the scourge invasion

thats pretty generic kill x amount of y quest system right there
.Omen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eredale on September 21st 2010, 9:42 pm

And what's your point? It's a motherfuking online multiplayer game, what's the point in having a world that doesn't change at all, showing changes only to you

ONLY for you it changes... and how's that cool? If I knock down the giant fuking fort, how would I feel that I did something if it really won't change anything, since over 9000 others can do the same after me

I don't say that quests are that poor, that was an overstatement, but basically they are the same - NPCs show changes only to you, and you can't do something epic like killing the giant final boss, with it influencing something

So what the fuk is this? The quests have changed, but you still don't play a significant role in the world

It's only a delusion brough to you by the quests - you said yourself, that world "changes" only for you

So why not make a single-player game for that? Something like "Warcraft Legends" or I dunno

I repeat, there's NOTHING good in doing ANYTHING, unless someone else can notice it and say "Oh hey look, that dude just did something"

So what if you do something like you just described - it's like bragging to others "Oh guise, guise, I just cleared Devil May Cry (or insert any single-player walkthrough game here), I'm asom, rite?" No, ur not, because 9999999999999 others did it before you, and will do it after you

And oh, my hatred towards WoW is lasting since times I don't remember, probably since I got my first and only lvl80 there, so I'm not judging it depending only on GW2 trailer

But they do show features that WoW doesn't have, and would never have, so what's bad about using them as an argument - I see only awesome there
Eredale

Back to top Go down

Post by DoM!n on September 21st 2010, 10:49 pm

so basicly,you watch trailer for expansion,and like,OH YAY I SO CANT WAIT TO DO AWESOME STUFF IN THIS PLACE AND SAVE THE FORTRESS,too bad you can't another fag alrdy did it before you.That's it?That is the awesomness?

and your hatred,is lasting since the last expansion,never played it before wotlk?don't judge,cuz it's different,in much ways.
DoM!n
Mizukage
Mizukage

Health Health : 261
Registration date : 2008-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Eredale on September 21st 2010, 11:02 pm

Exactly, I've played it before wotlk

And besides, if I cant save it... maybe I can siege it myself with my guild, breaking walls through, and killing everyone? Yes I can...
Eredale

Back to top Go down

Post by .Omen on September 22nd 2010, 12:21 am

you can do that in wow.....they are called battle grounds.... and pvp areas

protecting forts with cannons,attacking with tanks and arriving in battle ships
breaking gates,capturing resources,

holding key areas for a period of time,in a king of the hill sense

you can do all that in wow

and depending if your faction sieged the fortress,it allows you to go to special instances at special times
.Omen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eredale on September 22nd 2010, 9:10 am

Keyword in your posts are "instances"

They are created only when they are needed to exist

But what if I want to siege, say some ork tent village, so that it won't exist anymore? Which is not as important to the world as, say Stormwind or whatever? Can I wipe it out from existence, if I have enough men?

No, because even a cloth tent is indestructible, and NPCs would respawn, because people would need this tent village to proceed in some storyline, since it would need to allow everyone to have the same possibilities

Oh, you say it's possible? Come on, I know how it would be possible - the tent village would be spawned by a quest (lucky if not in an instance), and the tents would be killable, and the NPCs too

But after that... what? Shitload of people can do the same after you, and it would have zero influence on anything

The battlegrounds may decide faction standings and bonuses, that's true, they may also give you special instances to visit aswell, but the point of that is? Can you, for example, make the Horde or Alliance win the war once and for all? No, because it must give everyone a chance to experience that, so there's no real point in war, besides "Oh look, my faction has more points, and i have these kewl items from that instance!"

And... PvP areas? LOL

That sounds like... I dunno, past century

Take EVE online for example - the whole world is the playground, and if your corporation has enough power and resources, you can control all of the world by yourself. And it only depends on players, not NPCs or anything

They are even removing NPC production to some extent, and soon there will be no NPC-produced items, only ones people make

And in there, there are no instances - you can totally barge into someone's questing place and steal the loot or kill everyone yourself. I had so much fun doing that on my free acc, lol

Additionally, WoW doesn't have any kind of a cool combat system, just point and click

I know they've beed adding stuff in there, like some spells depend on your positioning etc., but it's still nowhere close to a non-target combat system, which is going to be implemented in lots of new MMOs
Eredale

Back to top Go down

Post by DoM!n on September 22nd 2010, 2:58 pm

IMHO wow has best pvp stuff(from areas,systems,goals,etc..)

EVE online,is this even game?
DoM!n
Mizukage
Mizukage

Health Health : 261
Registration date : 2008-09-03

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Eredale on September 22nd 2010, 5:01 pm

Yep, EVE is a game of much more epic proportions than WoW, and is tons more worth subsicribing to

And oh look, a little green guy who decides to stick with the asian haters

Plz gtfo here, k?
Eredale

Back to top Go down

Post by C4Blizzard on September 22nd 2010, 9:00 pm

Bgnin you should stop defending WoW as its old and overrated. It's engine is too outdated to do something decent with it these days. The instances don't affect shit in the story. And where is the almighty Scourge ruled by the Godly Lich King ? Why it isn't doing shit ? No progress ? Not conquering lands ? The Lich King was supposed to be a "king" ....like having a kingdom. And a kingdom conquers others. There is no Lich King influence in the game. He was supposed to be the main baddass in WotLK. He should constantly attack Azeroth not just stay there and fap all day till some1 makes a raid. And now that piece of DeathWing shit. That's so original.

Narrator: "A great evil dragon has awaken and now is destroying the world". No shit !!!
C4Blizzard

Health Health : 27
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sidoain on October 10th 2010, 7:28 am

We are going like so much off topic!!!

Truth is, i dont even know how to get back on topic.

Anyway, darkfall for life. Only problem that game have is the grind. And Wow will never die. Too much kids and mothers that are willing to pay for their child. Plus, with a player base over millions, there is no way to die. If one day wow had to die, blizzard would simply stop working on other games and focus down wow to maintain enough players. Meaning that diablo 3 would get delayed.
Sidoain

Health Health : -1
Registration date : 2009-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top