[Wii, Nintendo DS] Sonic Colors

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Wii, Nintendo DS] Sonic Colors

Post by Storm on September 5th 2010, 9:41 pm

Genre:
Platformer

Summary:
Dr. Eggman captures an alien race called Wisps builds an amusement park that harnesses their energy and that amusement park is orbiting above Sonic's home planet. When he arrives there, he can use their powers to help the captive Wisps escape, so he moves from area to area freeing the captive friends.

There are a few abilities that Sonic can use in the game. A lightning effect, which boosts his speed as well as acts like a magnet and can pull in nearby rings. The Drill, which lets him tunnel through rock and you control where you want to go. Lastly, a Laser ability. When you point in the direction you want to go, you can ricochet off of walls till it stops or use it to go the next part of an area with ease.

Release Date:
Nov 16, 2010

Videos:
I managed to pull two good ones that had actual gameplay, so check em out when you get the chance.

First one is from a new area called Tropical Resort.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT9H0QnX6A0

The second is from another area called Sweet Mountain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh8Q05UnvF0

Score:
10/10

Review:
I honestly found no problems with this game. The game itself looks fast-paced and fun to boot. The level design is very well detailed and has a few surprises to them as well, so it'll keep you on the edge. At certain points during a level, you can execute short tricks in the air by pressing the A button a few times. It might seem simple, but it's a nice aspect they threw in. Sega pulled this game off nicely for E3, so expect the game to come fairly soon, esp. if you are a veteran to the series or just getting into Sonic this is the game for you.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. ~ Edmund Burke

Any man can handle adversity. If you truly want to test a man's character, give him power. ~ Abraham Lincoln

People are like dice. We throw ourselves into the direction of our own choosing.

The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.
Storm
Admin

Health Health : 165
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: [Wii, Nintendo DS] Sonic Colors

Post by deivatko on September 5th 2010, 9:46 pm

lets just wait till it get release then make opinions righttt Very Happy
deivatko

Health Health : 33
Registration date : 2009-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm on September 5th 2010, 9:57 pm

deivatko wrote:lets just wait till it get release then make opinions righttt Very Happy
Or you can just say whether you're interested in it or not. This section is about games in general, either ones that are out or not out yet. Who's going to wait till November to say something in my thread when you can talk about it now? Fail logic is fail deivatko.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. ~ Edmund Burke

Any man can handle adversity. If you truly want to test a man's character, give him power. ~ Abraham Lincoln

People are like dice. We throw ourselves into the direction of our own choosing.

Storm
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix on September 5th 2010, 10:06 pm

I don't have a Wii but I've always loved Sonic games, in my opinion they have dropped the ball on the last few but this one looks very promising.

Always a good sign when they can release raw game footage and still have it look amazing.
Phoenix
Akatsuki Trainee
Akatsuki Trainee

Health Health : 30
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by deivatko on September 5th 2010, 10:14 pm

didnt you just say in some other topic that all wii games fail?
BTW the post earlier alone was my opinion, kind of like dont know yet, looks kind like unleashed if u understand
deivatko

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnamancy on September 6th 2010, 6:07 am

I thought it was a joke when my bro first told me about the
name of the new Sonic game, but after being shown a few
trailers I believed that it was a dead-set Sonic game, and I
reserved my opinion on it until I actually get to play it.

With that said, it still looks cool, and I probably will get it.

Yeah, it does look like Unleashed Deivatko, but it looks like
the 'actually fun' part.

The Werehog sections just weren't fun to play imo. ._.
Magnamancy
Minami
Minami

Health Health : 39
Registration date : 2008-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix on September 6th 2010, 6:51 am

deivatko wrote:didnt you just say in some other topic that all wii games fail?
BTW the post earlier alone was my opinion, kind of like dont know yet, looks kind like unleashed if u understand
Sonic is Sega, can't help it if they sign over to Wii often but they are not stuck to it. They make sonic games for Playstation from time to time also.
Phoenix
Akatsuki Trainee
Akatsuki Trainee

Health Health : 30
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sidoain on September 7th 2010, 2:17 am

As long that sonic run fast from the start to the finish, its a buy to me. Well, i can both get these games for free on the wii and on the NDS.

My favorite sonic is still and always will be Sonic Secret rings anyway.

Death the Kid wrote:
deivatko wrote:didnt you just say in some other topic that all wii games fail?
Sonic is Sega, can't help it if they sign over to Wii often but they are not stuck to it. They make sonic games for Playstation from time to time also.

Sonic team are stuck with nintendo right now since the day you saw Sonic in SSBB. Snake is cool dough.
Sidoain

Health Health : -1
Registration date : 2009-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by deivatko on September 7th 2010, 10:11 pm

i dont mind since i like both nintendo and sega... and i like throwing grenads with snake...
deivatko

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm on September 8th 2010, 5:44 am

In any event, I'll be buying this since I'm a long time Sonic fan since I played and beat Sonic CD. The only game in the series I truly hated was Sonic DX: The Director's Cut. That was beyond terrible, from the weird faces the characters made to the stupid stages they had (Big the Cat's stages being the worst of all and all for his stupid frog that he can't hold onto).

Storm
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sidoain on September 8th 2010, 6:58 pm

Storm wrote:In any event, I'll be buying this since I'm a long time Sonic fan since I played and beat Sonic CD. The only game in the series I truly hated was Sonic DX: The Director's Cut. That was beyond terrible, from the weird faces the characters made to the stupid stages they had (Big the Cat's stages being the worst of all and all for his stupid frog that he can't hold onto).

I dont even think you were forced to play with Big the Cat. Other characters were fun to play with. The only one with the weird face was sonic since every time he talk, his whole face move in a weird way. Also, dont forget that DX was made on the Dream Cast. Graphics were not ps2 gen yet so dont go hard on the weird face and graphix.

The Cutscene were acceptable. If you hated them all might be because you were already too old for these type of story. Lets not forget that sonic is for the kids after all.
Sidoain

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm on September 9th 2010, 2:58 am

Sidoain wrote:
Storm wrote:In any event, I'll be buying this since I'm a long time Sonic fan since I played and beat Sonic CD. The only game in the series I truly hated was Sonic DX: The Director's Cut. That was beyond terrible, from the weird faces the characters made to the stupid stages they had (Big the Cat's stages being the worst of all and all for his stupid frog that he can't hold onto).

I dont even think you were forced to play with Big the Cat. Other characters were fun to play with. The only one with the weird face was sonic since every time he talk, his whole face move in a weird way. Also, dont forget that DX was made on the Dream Cast. Graphics were not ps2 gen yet so dont go hard on the weird face and graphix.

The Cutscene were acceptable. If you hated them all might be because you were already too old for these type of story. Lets not forget that sonic is for the kids after all.
Age has no bearing on the person who likes video games just so you know, so saying Sonic is for kids is a lie. And it's not that you we're forced to play as him. It was a part of the overall storyline that you had to play and beat Big the Cat's stages. I'm well aware of the graphics not being up to snuff for the Gamecube since it was just a port from the DreamCast, but despite that, leaving everything how it was a bad move from Sega.

Anyway, this isn't about Sonic DX and it was just my opinion that I chose to address. I'll be buying Sonic Colors and that's all I care about concerning the Sonic series at this time.

Storm
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm on November 17th 2010, 1:59 am

UPDATE

Bought Sonic Colors for the DS and definitely enjoy it. It's very fast-paced and the use of the Wisps in the game are pretty helpful as well. I'd definitely recommend it if you are a true Sonic fan or are new to the series.

Storm
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sidoain on November 17th 2010, 2:15 am

Storm wrote:UPDATE

Bought Sonic Colors for the DS and definitely enjoy it. It's very fast-paced and the use of the Wisps in the game are pretty helpful as well. I'd definitely recommend it if you are a true Sonic fan or are new to the series.

Is it the same as Sonic rush on the NDS? That game was fun too.
Sidoain

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm on November 17th 2010, 3:36 am

No, it's nothing like Sonic Rush. It's completely different.

Storm
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by xyzclanz on November 17th 2010, 5:17 pm

i read the review, and i think the powerup feature in this game are cool
xyzclanz

Health Health : 10
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm on November 17th 2010, 11:30 pm

Since I'm a perfectionist to an entent, I'll probably get all 50 Special Rings as well as all 7 Chaos Emeralds. It's not so much hard, it's just challenging since the mission stages are on time limits which I can't stand.

Storm
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sidoain on November 18th 2010, 5:36 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU2vDFhgvwA

IGN are the worst reviewers ever. This is the review of Sonic colors NDS.

How i see it, its by far the best sonic ever. IGN added the difficulty part in the cons list instead of the pros. WTF??? IGN are bunch of noobs lol. Just because its get harder the further you go, its a bad thing for them.
Sidoain

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm on November 18th 2010, 6:10 pm

Reviews are all biased, mainly by people who get paid to review a game, but have never played it themselves. Even though I do read reviews, I don't use them to decide whether I buy a game or not. And if you want solid reviews, go to Metacritic.com. That's one of the best review sites I've seen to date.

Storm
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top