[Xbox 360, PS3] Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Xbox 360, PS3] Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2

Post by Phoenix on September 3rd 2010, 6:03 pm

Making this thread because the other one sucks.

Sequel to the popular game Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm, this new installment to the popular franchise branches out deep into the Shippuden storyline. The game's story will start from the time Naruto and Jiraiya return from their training to the Pain Invasion Arc where Pain attacks Konoha and it is up to Naruto to stop him. The story features lush scenery and intense 'boss' battles that follow the path set down by Kishimoto himself. There is a massive roster for this game, doubling that of the previous while still having all the characters keep their quality.

The release date for Europe and U.S has been confirmed to be BEFORE that of Japan. It's most likely only by a couple days but it shows that the NUN Storm game sold well and that we did a good job buying it, pat yourself on the back or if you don't have a PS3, pat a friend on the back. But I digress, the release dates are:

Europe: October 15, 2010
North America: October 19, 2010
Japan: October 21, 2010

A list of confirmed characters is:
Asuma Sarutobi
Chiyo (Puppets)
Choji Akimichi
Deidara
Gaara
Hidan
Ino Yamanaka
Itachi Uchiha
Jiraiya
Jiraiya Sage Mode
Jugo
Kabuto Yakushi
Kakashi Hatake
Kakuzu
Kakuzu (Four Hearts)
Karin
Kankuro
Kiba Inuzuka
Killer Bee
Eight-Tailed Killer Bee
Kisame Hoshigaki
Konan
Lars Alexandersson*
Might Guy
Minato Namikaze**
Neji Hyuga
Naruto Uzumaki
Sage Naruto Uzumaki
Four Tailed-Naruto Uzumaki
Six Tailed-Naruto Uzumaki
Orochimaru
Pain
Rock Lee
Sai
Sakura Haruno
Sasori (Third Kazekage)
Sasori (True Form)
Sasuke Uchiha
Second State Sasuke
Shino Aburame
Shikamaru Nara
Suigetsu Hozuki
Temari
TenTen
Tobi
Tsunade
Yamato

*Only available for those that pre-order.
** If you buy the special addition game which is about $10 more, you get to start out with Fourth Hokage without having to unlock him, which he is the last character you unlock.

In this game Sasuke has his Akatsuki outfit which will most likely give him a new set of awakening and ougi. This has been shown with Sasuke changing into his black Chunin exam suite in the first game and switching curse mark for sharingan mode and changing ougi.

When the game comes out it is very likely there will be new Support*** characters available via DLC. In the last game they added some figures such as the first two Hokages, the Sound Four, Asuma, Kurenai, and Shizune over time for free.

*** Support characters can not be played like a main character, they can only be picked as partners and thus can only do a certain list of moves for you.

Last edited by Death the Kid on October 19th 2010, 2:28 am; edited 11 times in total
Phoenix
Akatsuki Trainee
Akatsuki Trainee

Health Health : 30
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

Re: [Xbox 360, PS3] Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2

Post by Stunkata8 on September 3rd 2010, 6:38 pm

Well i know i wants it! I think there were some people that really didnt like the game (gameplay and stuff and i are acctually right) but still its the only naruto game that will have all these charachters (freakin Mangekyo Sasuke and KillerBee damn it Pain i want Shinra Tensei) and it has so good visuals and animations which are so freakin cool!
Stunkata8
Asmodeus (Luxuria)
Asmodeus (Luxuria)

Health Health : 65
Registration date : 2009-09-10

http://stun-world.hit.bg/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sidoain on September 3rd 2010, 8:22 pm

Il skip that naruto. Im not really a huge fan of naruto so i only see gameplay. So far, i hate the game in term of longevity. player vs player, i dont see any difference between the 1st one and this one. To me, the 1st ninja storm was boring and i only played with friends. Even a 8 years old kid can learn how to play ninja storm and pwn(Its not a joke)

I call this game a rent, not a buy. Why? I only see focus on story mode with button sequence and animations. There is no depth in player vs player. If only stage had more depth like climbing walls when ever we want, tree's, builders on stage instead of backgrounds and destructible environment would had been great.

So far, i see nothing special in that game. I rather stick to Naruto Accel 2 on ps2. Dragon ball Raging blast 2 seem more promising. Plus, Mortal Kombat 9, Marvel vs capcon 3 and SF vs Tekken are coming up.
Sidoain

Health Health : -1
Registration date : 2009-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix on September 3rd 2010, 10:25 pm

Sidoain wrote:Il skip that naruto. Im not really a huge fan of naruto so i only see gameplay. So far, i hate the game in term of longevity. player vs player, i dont see any difference between the 1st one and this one. To me, the 1st ninja storm was boring and i only played with friends. Even a 8 years old kid can learn how to play ninja storm and pwn(Its not a joke)

I call this game a rent, not a buy. Why? I only see focus on story mode with button sequence and animations. There is no depth in player vs player. If only stage had more depth like climbing walls when ever we want, tree's, builders on stage instead of backgrounds and destructible environment would had been great.

So far, i see nothing special in that game. I rather stick to Naruto Accel 2 on ps2. Dragon ball Raging blast 2 seem more promising. Plus, Mortal Kombat 9, Marvel vs capcon 3 and SF vs Tekken are coming up.
I see where you're coming from and respect it. Accel 2 is really the superior choice when it comes to gameplay but storm 2 does offer more for the fanboys (including me). I don't expect any one that doesn't like naruto to get this game at all to be honest.
Phoenix
Akatsuki Trainee
Akatsuki Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by K E N T A R U on September 3rd 2010, 10:41 pm

There ar eonly 40 characters comfirmed and all pains paths are in
K E N T A R U
NTSDII Leader
NTSDII Leader

Health Health : 184
Registration date : 2008-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Stunkata8 on September 3rd 2010, 11:04 pm

Death the Kid wrote:
Sidoain wrote:Il skip that naruto. Im not really a huge fan of naruto so i only see gameplay. So far, i hate the game in term of longevity. player vs player, i dont see any difference between the 1st one and this one. To me, the 1st ninja storm was boring and i only played with friends. Even a 8 years old kid can learn how to play ninja storm and pwn(Its not a joke)

I see where you're coming from and respect it. Accel 2 is really the superior choice when it comes to gameplay but storm 2 does offer more for the fanboys (including me). I don't expect any one that doesn't like naruto to get this game at all to be honest.

Meh...I acctually havent played the HELL of accel 2 or 1 cuz i dont have a ps2 (but i've played them long enough) but is there that much a difference,other then some new things brouth to the second (i'm not even sure)!Accel 3 was acctually a little dissapointing to me when it came to gameplay (or should we call it the fighting) cuz it didnt haz as much combos (YES) as the others damn even freakin Ninja Heroes had more,but there were still the characters so...damn everything else!Pain Sasuke Minato Sage modes bla bla bla!

And i dont know maybe i havent taken naruto games that serious as other fighting franchises,cuz it has always been for me some button mashing to see a cool combo and a jutsu!
Stunkata8
Asmodeus (Luxuria)
Asmodeus (Luxuria)

Back to top Go down

Post by Triv on September 3rd 2010, 11:09 pm

I have Ultimate Ninja Storm so it'll probs get this one aswell

Push up, yes raise the bar, don't be afraid of who you are

Triv

Health Health : 56
Registration date : 2010-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix on September 3rd 2010, 11:33 pm

Accel 2 is actually a very competitive and balanced fighting game. It was a diamond in the rough so to speak. They fucked themselves with Accel 3 big time by trading gameplay for character but meh, the same thing happened to the DBZ franchise.

One of the biggest sell points of Storm franchise is putting in quality. They have visual quality, gameplay quality (albeit not very competitive), and character quantity.
Phoenix
Akatsuki Trainee
Akatsuki Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Stunkata8 on September 4th 2010, 12:05 am

Yeah....rep up for upper post (because its acured)!

To get on topic now:I just watched this video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMrriZzXxhU
and i hope that some of these are not the real ougis because i liked them in storm 1 where they were cool and long and some of these are just...short!Maybe it will become "faster paste"!
Stunkata8
Asmodeus (Luxuria)
Asmodeus (Luxuria)

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix on September 4th 2010, 12:09 am

Stunkata8 wrote:Yeah....rep up for upper post (because its acured)!

To get on topic now:I just watched this video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMrriZzXxhU
and i hope that some of these are not the real ougis because i liked them in storm 1 where they were cool and long and some of these are just...short!Maybe it will become "faster paste"!
Well don't quote me on this but I don't think they put any Ultimates into the gamescon demo because not all the available roster had them finished. I believe those are just rush type attacks where if it hits, it goes into a small cut scene but not the same quality.
Phoenix
Akatsuki Trainee
Akatsuki Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by K E N T A R U on September 4th 2010, 1:31 am

Do you think transformations count as more than one character? It seems like there are more than one version of naruto and sasuke because of the transformations like naruto: Sage mode, and 4 tails.
K E N T A R U
NTSDII Leader
NTSDII Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix on September 4th 2010, 2:37 am

I would say yes and no. Sasuke's costumes won't count as a separate character, you just go to the character on the select screen, click a button, his outfit and specials change.

However when you do so with Naruto, his entire move set completely changes.

So characters like:
Sasuke
Sasuke CS2
Naruto
Sage
One Tail
Four Tail

Will count as separate characters while Akatsuki Sasuke will not. But that is of course making sense, they may try to make that number look as big as possible and count the costumes too.

All depends on whether they want to make sense or look good.
Phoenix
Akatsuki Trainee
Akatsuki Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sidoain on September 4th 2010, 2:53 am

Stunkata8 wrote:
Death the Kid wrote:

Meh...I acctually havent played the HELL of accel 2 or 1 cuz i dont have a ps2 (but i've played them long enough) but is there that much a difference,other then some new things brouth to the second (i'm not even sure)!Accel 3 was acctually a little dissapointing to me when it came to gameplay (or should we call it the fighting) cuz it didnt haz as much combos (YES) as the others damn even freakin Ninja Heroes had more,but there were still the characters so...damn everything else!Pain Sasuke Minato Sage modes bla bla bla!

And i dont know maybe i havent taken naruto games that serious as other fighting franchises,cuz it has always been for me some button mashing to see a cool combo and a jutsu!

PSP sux. Period.

Accel 2 is a really good game. The button mashing part in Accel 2 is not it. Yes, you mash to vanish attacks, you mash to do combo's, but still, there is much more depth then in Ninja storm. Atleast, you can climb wall, switch between the 2 platform and you either chose stage with a cliff or without one.

If you watch some pro video on youtube, you will see how much more complex it is other then button mash. While for ninja storm, its nothing else then button mash. The winner is the one who is the best at vanishing attacks at the right timing. Dodging while jumping is easy.
Sidoain

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix on September 4th 2010, 3:14 am

Like I said, it's not a competitive game, and it's getting annoying that you keep treating it like one. If you don't like the game, kindly get out of the thread. You are making the same point over and over and it's getting old.
Phoenix
Akatsuki Trainee
Akatsuki Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by K E N T A R U on September 4th 2010, 3:20 am

Death the Kid wrote:I would say yes and no. Sasuke's costumes won't count as a separate character, you just go to the character on the select screen, click a button, his outfit and specials change.

However when you do so with Naruto, his entire move set completely changes.

So characters like:
Sasuke
Sasuke CS2
Naruto
Sage
One Tail
Four Tail

Will count as separate characters while Akatsuki Sasuke will not. But that is of course making sense, they may try to make that number look as big as possible and count the costumes too.

All depends on whether they want to make sense or look good.
Hes able to go one tail? Then again they are doing the whole series so it would make sence to have that tail also...
The reason I asked that is because in the last game you could play as just the transformed state of naruto or sasuke in the character selection.. I would like it if they extended the transformations on certain transformations it seems like some transformations should also just stay such as the 4tails... Man did you see the video for the 4tails? He like shoots beam bullets for an on stage special.
K E N T A R U
NTSDII Leader
NTSDII Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix on September 4th 2010, 3:24 am

Yea I saw it and I don't think they are going to skimp out this time. They even have Hinata's lion fists in the game. I love this because now she doesn't just get a clone of Neji's Byakugan mode, she can actually be different while being the same where it matters.

I also think that some transformations like four tails will be extended or permanent for the battle. And while in four tails, you can't use support characters so they will probably be making it as devastating as it was verse Orochimaru, which is awesome and now balanced.

I am not positive on the One-Tail note, I've seen screen shots of what looks like he's in Kyuubi Tail chakra or it could just be red chakra he gets when mad... I'll take it off if I find the picture and re-examine it again.
Phoenix
Akatsuki Trainee
Akatsuki Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Uzumaki Raiden on September 4th 2010, 4:47 am

download demo from psn and xbox live..
kakashi vs naruto/sakura fight.

Game Starts with a scene of Pein vs Naruto fight..
Naruto appears... than cinematic contunies with Naruto's coming after Training.

Last battle will Naruto vs Pain

One Tailed Naruto not in game.
Only 4 tailed in
but I dunno 6 tailed can be in game too ass story boss maybe playable. .P

WATCH THIS TWO AWESOME EPIC TRAILERS!You can see many characters 8 tailed etc....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATAOsMheHIE&playnext=1&videos=7E4T83AIfcc&feature=sub

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re8T2muGuiI
Uzumaki Raiden

Health Health : 9
Registration date : 2009-06-24

http://nloa.yetkinforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by K E N T A R U on September 4th 2010, 5:03 am

Death the Kid wrote:Yea I saw it and I don't think they are going to skimp out this time. They even have Hinata's lion fists in the game. I love this because now she doesn't just get a clone of Neji's Byakugan mode, she can actually be different while being the same where it matters. Yeah, I saw her use it, I was so pissed when they made her like Neji with Buyakugan mode in the Narut Shippuden: Clash of ninja revolution 3, All the characters will be entertaining there will be more possibilities for game plays so the game wont run out of options.

I also think that some transformations like four tails will be extended or permanent for the battle. And while in four tails, you can't use support characters so they will probably be making it as devastating as it was verse Orochimaru, which is awesome and now balanced. Do you think they might add the white snake version of orochimaru. They also didnt have support for 1 tailed naruto. I dont like support characters in general.

I am not positive on the One-Tail note, I've seen screen shots of what looks like he's in Kyuubi Tail chakra or it could just be red chakra he gets when mad... I'll take it off if I find the picture and re-examine it again. It would be stupid if they didnt put in the one tailed becausethat version shows up all throughout the game.
Uzumaki Raiden wrote:download demo from psn and xbox live..
kakashi vs naruto/sakura fight.

Game Starts with a scene of Pein vs Naruto fight..
Naruto appears... than cinematic contunies with Naruto's coming after Training.

Last battle will Naruto vs PainYeah.

One Tailed Naruto not in game.How do you know? I mean one tailed showed up for half of fking shippuden
Only 4 tailed in
but I dunno 6 tailed can be in game too ass story boss maybe playable. .PThere isnt any way they would add the 6 tails as a playable character it showed up for like 7 minuets inn the whole thing

WATCH THIS TWO AWESOME EPIC TRAILERS!You can see many characters 8 tailed etc....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATAOsMheHIE&playnext=1&videos=7E4T83AIfcc&feature=sub

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re8T2muGuiI
K E N T A R U
NTSDII Leader
NTSDII Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix on September 4th 2010, 5:21 am

I think White Snake is just going to be an Ougi for Orochimaru, not an actual playable character. This would make most sense to me as that form doesn't fit the game style very well.

I hope they do keep one tailed because it is kind of a Naruto trademark. You think of Naruto and then you think of that cool red fox chakra.
Phoenix
Akatsuki Trainee
Akatsuki Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by K E N T A R U on September 4th 2010, 5:33 am

Yeah it would make more sense to just have it be a special... the one thing I dont like that much is that the specials aren't all the special anymore they are like more special specials... They arn't cutscenes anymore...
K E N T A R U
NTSDII Leader
NTSDII Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix on September 4th 2010, 5:36 am

K E N T A R U wrote:Yeah it would make more sense to just have it be a special... the one thing I dont like that much is that the specials aren't all the special anymore they are like more special specials... They arn't cutscenes anymore...

If you're refuring to the 'ougis' shown at gamescon, I really doubt that those are the real ones because the awesome ougis in storm 1 where a huge trademark of the entire game. I don't think they would ditch that. The only reasons I can think of that they would is.

1: They are lazy.

2: Since they have to make the game for Blue Ray disc and regular, they basically have to stick to the confines of regular disks. Which means TONS of less space. So you may have to blame the Xbox for this.
Phoenix
Akatsuki Trainee
Akatsuki Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by K E N T A R U on September 4th 2010, 5:41 am

No those are them... They made them really short... They arn't really specials anymore they all have been cut down to about 5 seconds of mind blowing and combination of special moves.
K E N T A R U
NTSDII Leader
NTSDII Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix on September 4th 2010, 5:53 am

K E N T A R U wrote:No those are them... They made them really short... They arn't really specials anymore they all have been cut down to about 5 seconds of mind blowing and combination of special moves.
Well, I went back and watched the video given by one of the members and here's my two cents on it.

I actually don't mind most of them. I like the fact that they really help you sort of stay in the area you're in. They don't go into over dramatic cut scenes that... in Tsunades case, chuck you 50 yards and you're still in the exact same field, ya know?

As with all fighting games, some of the Ultimates aren't really cool enough. Like Asuma's had a lot of potential but seemed sort of anti-climatic to me, but maybe that will change when I play him.

By the way that video doesn't show it but Kankuro's awakening is pretty bad ass. He jumps on his third puppet's back and puts up the shield. While in his ultimate defense it walks around using flame thrower at you and maybe his stock weapons too.
Phoenix
Akatsuki Trainee
Akatsuki Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sidoain on September 4th 2010, 7:48 am

K E N T A R U wrote:No those are them... They made them really short... They arn't really specials anymore they all have been cut down to about 5 seconds of mind blowing and combination of special moves.

In my opinion, the more fast paced it is, the more common it is. How it use to be in accel and the 1st ninja storm was kind of unnecessary. Plus, most of them were not even stuff done in the manga or anime, so its not a problem.
Sidoain

Back to top Go down

Post by kutyus96 on September 4th 2010, 1:23 pm

this game will be the best!Very Happy
good topic
thank you Smile
kutyus96

Health Health : -4
Registration date : 2010-04-08