[Xbox 360, PS3, Pc] Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Xbox 360, PS3, Pc] Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Post by K E N T A R U on September 3rd 2010, 8:31 am

Ezio returns in an epic struggle against the powerful Templar Order in Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood.
Ubisoft
Historic Action Adventure
Release: Nov 16, 2010

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Images
Spoiler:
IMAGES
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Videos
Spoiler:
VIDEOS

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Updated Impressions
Spoiler:
Ubisoft Montreal made the trip halfway around the world to show off a new demo of Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, and we went behind closed doors to check it out.

Assassin's Creed 2 was a commercial and critical smash last year, and Ubisoft is making the most of its biggest franchise with another release in 2010. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood will see stealthy renaissance man Ezio receiving help from a band of fellow assassins, whom he can direct to perform kills on his behalf. We got a look at a new portion of the single-player game at Gamescom 2010 to see how this squad management feature will work.

The demo opened up with a look at Rome, with Ezio perched on a ledge overlooking the city's famous Colosseum. From there, he jumped down onto a horse, dispatching its owner and taking control of the steed in one swift movement. We then watched as the development team demonstrated how to call in assassination support to take out some guards. With two enemies targeted, Ezio was able to bring in two blade-equipped killers to dispatch the guards, which used up one block or "token" from a two-token bar at the top of the screen. This bar means that support is a resource that needs to be carefully managed, but it replenishes automatically over time.

Riding into a new location, Ezio noticed a citizen who was being harangued by a set of government officials. He had the option to help the innocent person out, which he took, again calling in support to take out the threat. The victim was so overwhelmed by this act that he offeProxy-Connection: keep-aliveCache-Control: max-age=0d to join the brotherhood. He started out as a lowly level-one member of the guild, but you can build him up over time, just like the other members of your team.

Players of Assassin's Creed 2 should remember the pigeon coops, but in Brotherhood they'll serve a real purpose--you'll use the birds to communicate remotely and take on missions abroad. We were shown a map screen that displayed most of Europe, with assassination opportunities available in each major city. Ezio chose to send his recruit on a simple mission from Moscow, with the assassin's chance of success displayed at the top of the screen. The emphasis has been to bring asset management seamlessly into the game, rather than separately in the villa as it was in AC2.

While these side missions will be optional in the game, we got to see a main storyline assassination during our demo as well. Ezio was sent in to kill a commander in charge of a small group of soldiers. It was a relatively easy task to perform the kill, and with the leader dispatched, the remaining men dispersed quickly from the scene. The last step was to burn the commander's tower to the ground, letting the public know that area of Rome had been liberated.

Our demo also revealed lots of other cool new details about the game. Ezio is equipped with a parachute, which was given to him by Leonardo da Vinci in order to quietly descend from high places. For those who tread beyond the beaten path, there will also be 101 Borgia flags to collect in the game. Most interesting, though, was the revelation from producer Vincent Pontbriand that the campaign structure is "not exactly the same as it was in AC2" and that the team will be "showing a little bit more of the present" in reference to Desmond's story.

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood will launch on November 16 on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, with a PC release to follow sometime thereafter. Pontbriand says to expect a "15-hour-plus experience," so to prepare yourself, be sure to read the rest of GameSpot's in-depth coverage of the game so far.
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Multiplayer Impressions
Spoiler:
We dash through the streets of Rome in the new multiplayer mode and chat with the game's creative director about what to expect from single-player.

The next Assassin's Creed game will be the first to introduce multiplayer to the series. If that sounds like a far-flung idea to you, it certainly doesn't to creative director Patrice Desilets. He says that after the release of Assassin's Creed II, the inclusion of multiplayer was the most popular suggestion from fans of the game-- more than the inclusion of brutal new weapons or exotic new cities. And so here we are, the following year, with Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood set to ship this holiday season. Brotherhood will include a suite of multiplayer modes that let players sneak through 15th-century Rome in a quest to silently kill one another, as well as a single-player story that's a direct continuation of Assassin's Creed II.

Separate from the storyline of the single-player campaign, the multiplayer narrative in Brotherhood is described by Desilets as a sort of "Meanwhile at Abstergo Industries" scenario. Multiple test subjects are hooked up to the animus in a place far removed from Desmond Miles, the present-day bartender with the unfortunate luck of having been related to two of history's most infamous assassins. Instead, it's a number of new recruits who have been plugged into Abstergo's magical memory machine in order to play out the great battle between Templars and Assassins.

The one mode we played, Wanted, is like deathmatch with a twist: each player is assigned a specific target from among the other players in the match, so there's always someone after you and someone for you to go after. With a Roman neighborhood full of non-player characters going about their daily lives, you need to blend in with the crowd for maximum effect. Silent kills--those where nobody sees your handiwork--net you the most XP, while visibly running after your target tips him or her off to your presence, giving that player a chance to scurry off and hide. Additional points can also be earned in multiplayer games for kills that are acrobatic, and your pursuer gets close you can earn points either by escaping and hiding or, if you're feeling especially confident, by humiliating him with an ear clap. If your target remains undetected for a set period of time, you lose your contract and have to start over with a new target.

Adding a personal touch to all of this clandestine killing is a system of unlockables that let you earn custom abilities and character skins. The skin we played as was a Roman noble with a metal claw on his left hand, which is just one of many skins with unique weapons and kill animations specific to those devices. You can also assign active and passive abilities, like an ultrafast dash for a brief period or a quick change of costume for a handful of seconds. Both of these abilities have a cooldown period, so there's a good bit of strategy in figuring out the best way to use them. The skins and the abilities are just a couple of examples of the XP-based carrot-on-a-stick system that Brotherhood uses to dole out unlockables over the course of 50 experience levels to keep the game fresh for committed players.

In addition to playing some multiplayer, we also had the opportunity to speak with Desilets about what to expect from the single-player campaign. The game picks up with Ezio building up the brotherhood of assassins in Rome, a city we were shown only a brief sliver of in Assassin's Creed II. In Brotherhood, Rome is more or less the entire game, taking up three times the geography of Florence in the last game. There's less focus on rolling countryside linking a multitude of cities, and more on fleshing out a single bustling metropolis as the game's primary setting.

The story itself will keep Ezio at the forefront and bring a few of his Florentine friends (such as Leonardo da Vinci) along for the ride. You can now recruit able-bodied civilians into the ranks of the brotherhood of assassins and send them off to distant cities like Paris to prove their worth as silent killers. If they survive these trial-by-fire killings, you can take the best recruits along with you on your own story-critical missions.

Replacing Ezio's custom-renovated villa from Assassin's Creed II is the ability to renovate the whole of Rome. You can now take the money you earn and use it to spruce up various parts of town, build new buildings, and just generally "bring the Renaissance to Rome," according to Desilets. We asked him about the issue in ACII where players eventually (and quite easily) achieved unlimited money that they couldn't possibly spend, and he was quick to point out that it was a concern for a lot of people and that they're working on a way to make sure that managing funds takes more skill this time around.

Another big area of refinement is combat. The series has earned a reputation for having a stylish but super-forgiving combat system, and that isn't going to change. Desilets brought up a statistic that said Assassin's Creed II was finished by 40 percent of all players, a remarkable total for a 20-hour action adventure game. He attributed that to the game's relative ease and lack of frustrating, throw-your-controller moments. So instead of making things harder, he wants to instead keep the barrier for entry low and layer on optional difficulty by rewarding skilled players. An example is adding more potential chains and combinations to the flow of combat. Instead of counterattacking one person with a single button, for example, you'll now be able to attack three, four, or five nearby foes with a string of directional attacks all linked together with a fluid motion. We didn't get to see this sort of thing in action, so we're not ready to make any grand proclamations about a completely overhauled fighting system, but the idea of more depth to the combat for those who choose to pursue it is definitely an intriguing notion.

Assassin's Creed II looks, on the surface, like the high-production-value experience that we've come to expect from the folks at Ubisoft Montreal. Now we'll just have to see if the one-year turnaround time since the last game is enough for them to craft a game that improves on Assassin's Creed II in a meaningful way. Keep an eye out for more coverage as we approach the game's holiday 2010 release date.

Last edited by K E N T A R U on November 6th 2010, 1:37 am; edited 1 time in total
K E N T A R U
NTSDII Leader
NTSDII Leader

Health Health : 184
Registration date : 2008-06-26

Back to top Go down

Re: [Xbox 360, PS3, Pc] Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Post by Divisor XII on September 3rd 2010, 9:49 am

Neat, can't wait Smile
But will the PC version be released simultaneously with the console versions or are we gonna have to wait for some months like with the previous volumes?
Divisor XII
Jounin of the Leaf
Jounin of the Leaf

Health Health : 117
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post by K E N T A R U on September 3rd 2010, 10:08 am

I beleave that its being the released at the same time.
K E N T A R U
NTSDII Leader
NTSDII Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Triv on September 3rd 2010, 10:41 am

Already have it preordered

Push up, yes raise the bar, don't be afraid of who you are

Triv

Health Health : 56
Registration date : 2010-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by k1 on September 3rd 2010, 1:07 pm

damn cant wait for that game
while playing, we have to be online like II or it can be played offline?
k1

Health Health : -7
Registration date : 2010-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Korkor XI on September 3rd 2010, 3:26 pm

Dam i luv it
I need money!! ASAP! DONATE ME GUYS PLS!.
Korkor XI

Health Health : 291
Registration date : 2008-10-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Divisor XII on September 3rd 2010, 3:30 pm

Pretend to be african and you'll get Unicef money awesome
Divisor XII
Jounin of the Leaf
Jounin of the Leaf

Health Health : 117
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Stunkata8 on September 3rd 2010, 3:34 pm

Waiting it too!It looks even better than the second one (and first of course)!
Stunkata8
Asmodeus (Luxuria)
Asmodeus (Luxuria)

Health Health : 65
Registration date : 2009-09-10

http://stun-world.hit.bg/

Back to top Go down

Post by Korkor XI on September 3rd 2010, 3:38 pm

Divisor wrote:Pretend to be african and you'll get Unicef money awesome

Pretty hard to pretend to be a black. I need moar money for operation!

!!!!! GUYS GIVE ME MOMEY FOR OPERATION ILL GIVE U BACK FROM UNICEF MONEY!
Korkor XI

Back to top Go down

Post by Stunkata8 on September 3rd 2010, 3:55 pm

yeah yeah and give me some too i'll get it back when i see you in person!No problem!
Stunkata8
Asmodeus (Luxuria)
Asmodeus (Luxuria)

Back to top Go down

Post by K E N T A R U on September 3rd 2010, 6:20 pm

God why is noverber so far away >
K E N T A R U
NTSDII Leader
NTSDII Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by yaoi on September 3rd 2010, 6:51 pm

yes u are right the 1st version was epic
waiting for the 2nd one
yaoi

Health Health : 8
Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by K E N T A R U on September 3rd 2010, 7:39 pm

The second one is out already... o-o;; this is the third one.
K E N T A R U
NTSDII Leader
NTSDII Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by yaoi on September 3rd 2010, 7:43 pm

srry my mistake actually i didnt played the 2nd one so i mistakenly posted 2nd instead of third
yaoi

Health Health : 8
Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiin on September 6th 2010, 10:39 am

im waiting for that but why Ezio i dont like that dude (altair is better Sad)

but hope i takes long to finish not like assassin creed2
Zeiin

Health Health : 44
Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Tfwtolly on September 6th 2010, 11:38 am

@Korkor XI wrote:Dam i luv it
I need money!! ASAP! DONATE ME GUYS PLS!.

Go an E-Whore.

Tfwtolly

Health Health : -3
Registration date : 2009-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by VASH_k on September 6th 2010, 12:06 pm

Good game
i love it
i finished 1st and 2nd part and i have the brotherhood
i didn't finished but i will try
this is mi fave game on pc
VASH_k
Fire Elite
Fire Elite

Health Health : 13
Registration date : 2010-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Manny on September 6th 2010, 5:21 pm

I loved ac2, ima love this too! multiplayer ac!!! omg
Manny

Health Health : 6
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by .Omen on September 6th 2010, 9:03 pm

you think that the plague doctor char will be playable?
.Omen

Health Health : -32
Registration date : 2010-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Korkor XI on September 6th 2010, 9:04 pm

Yes he will be, epic one i like him
Korkor XI

Back to top Go down

Post by .Omen on September 6th 2010, 9:13 pm

the one way back looks like captain hook from peter pan
.Omen

Health Health : -32
Registration date : 2010-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by K E N T A R U on November 6th 2010, 1:42 am

11 MORE DAYS!!!!!!
K E N T A R U
NTSDII Leader
NTSDII Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by k1 on November 6th 2010, 7:18 am

YES !!!!!
i forgot about it ... how foolish i m Smile

NO!!!!!
for pc the release date is 22nd feb Sad Sad Sad
k1

Health Health : -7
Registration date : 2010-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Stunkata8 on November 6th 2010, 11:09 am

They did that with every AC game and they just wont stop!?What gives damn it?
Stunkata8
Asmodeus (Luxuria)
Asmodeus (Luxuria)

Back to top Go down

Post by k1 on November 6th 2010, 11:46 am

ac2 was released after 4 months they released on consoles
brotherhood will be released after 3 months

k1